onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

EFLT R2 Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Fosse69

Advert

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

It demonstrates the unintelligence of football fans I'm afraid... There were people slating Gibbons and writing him off after a run of a few bad games.

There are some serious sad cases who only get pleasure out of having a go at players. 

Lots of them were having a go at Askey... he has made them look daft, so they skulk away into a w=hole and go quiet for a bit and wait for their target to play. Then jump out and have a pop completely independent of how their target has played.

That said... the main culprit is only doing it for attention and it baffles me how people still think replying to him is the best response. 

It baffles me why people respond to you trying to defend the indefensible that Lloyd is not very good and was booed off last night because of that.He has had countless chances to play by Askey and not taken them.

You constantly complain about genuine supporters on here who have a different opinion than you.

You say you have blocked people then respond to their quotes.

You are the only saddo on here.trying to say Lloyd is not a poor player then trying to justify it by pulling on the heart strings.

If you can’t stand the heat keep away from the fire.

5 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

It baffles me why people respond to you trying to defend the indefensible that Lloyd is not very good and was booed off last night because of that.He has had countless chances to play by Askey and not taken them.

You constantly complain about genuine supporters on here who have a different opinion than you.

You are the only saddo on here.trying to say Lloyd is not a poor player then trying to justify it by pulling on the heart strings.

Lloyd was only booed off last night by a small band of so-called supporters who have bugger all between their ears. The vast majority of the crowd clapped him off. Only a few sitting in the Hamil End of the Paddock saw fit to boo a Vale player who was being substituted. I find that behaviour utterly pathetic. And I don’t give a **** if you disagree. 

3 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

The reason Lloyd is such an easy target is that he is absolutely dire and not good enough for league football.

Askey tries to justify his signing by giving him countless chances which he never takes and it is like playing with ten men when ever he plays.

Needs to go out on loan in January to a non league team to allow a better signing to fill his place.

What you are saying then is that JA made a mistake, so why take it out on the player.

If that player does his best then there is no reason to humiliate him as you do.

26 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

He has had countless chances to play by Askey

Actually he's featured in eleven games. Six of them were as a sub (and three of those for less than three minutes). So it's not "countless" - it's five starts this season. How long did it take Luke Joyce (arguably one of the stand-out players this season) to find his feet last season? I bet Joyce also had a run of games rather than five starts spread out over five months.

EDIT: four of his sub appearances have been for less than ten minutes.

3 minutes ago, robf said:

Actually he's featured in eleven games. Six of them were as a sub (and three of those for less than three minutes). So it's not "countless" - it's five starts this season. How long did it take Luke Joyce (arguably one of the stand-out players this season) to find his feet last season? I bet Joyce also had a run of games rather than five starts spread out over five months.

We’ve actually won four of the five games he’s started which you have to say is bloody good for a team playing with only ten men. 

42 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

Didn't you say Askey was rubbish and all the signings (Burgess, Taylor, Browne etc) were 'on the cheap'?

Sorry mate, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to stop sharing opinions. No hard feelings, but you're just not very good at it. I just can't allow someone to get so many things wrong and continue to be allowed to post his views on a public forum. You've got an absolutely phenomenal hit rate of getting things wrong. You can see yourself out.

All the best with your future endeavours,

Joe

30 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Didn't you say Askey was rubbish and all the signings (Burgess, Taylor, Browne etc) were 'on the cheap'?

Sorry mate, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to stop sharing opinions. No hard feelings, but you're just not very good at it. I just can't allow someone to get so many things wrong and continue to be allowed to post his views on a public forum. You've got an absolutely phenomenal hit rate of getting things wrong. You can see yourself out.

Joe

😂

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Lloyd was only booed off last night by a small band of so-called supporters who have bugger all between their ears. The vast majority of the crowd clapped him off. Only a few sitting in the Hamil End of the Paddock saw fit to boo a Vale player who was being substituted. I find that behaviour utterly pathetic. And I don’t give a **** if you disagree. 

Just a bit surprised you even bother dropping down to his level. He's clearly an one of those opinionated bores you meet once in a pub and spend the next 5 years trying to avoid. The games he does attend he goes with an agenda and then looks for instances to support them.

2 hours ago, robf said:

EDIT: four of his sub appearances have been for less than ten minutes.

Don’t think you can compare Lloyd with Luke Joyce.

Joyce is a far better player than Lloyd and has improved quite a lot this season.He is a regular first team reliable player.
Askey built up the Lloyd signing by saying what a good player he was and could play left back (can’t tackle)left midfield (not mobile) and left wing (stands around waiting for the ball).

He could have signed a better player who could play in the first team but signed Lloyd.

It wasn’t as if he didn’t know what he was getting because he was poor at Macclesfield.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Joe

You’re the one getting things wrong.

If you check my posts you will find I was asking for Taylor to be signed when he was on trial
Never criticised Browne but you may be reading my criticism of signing Macc reserves.

I didn’t like Kennedy or Evans and definitely Lloyd.

If you don’t like my posts tough S#it it’s a forum And I have to read your S#it so get over it.

First half I thought we were excellent. Joyce, Lloyd and Burgess pretty much had the run of the midfield and we created a lot of chances. Defensively we coped pretty comfortably at the back against what was, on paper, a strong side at this level. Lloyd faded quickly in the second half, as did Burgess to an extent. Thought Evans coped ok defensively until Sterling-James burnt him for pace. Far too right footed to be any more than a fill-in at leftback. Atkinson coped some flack off a few posters but really the problem was an horrendous error he didn't do a lot wrong.

Cullen looked to be blowing after 60 minutes. Starting to wonder if he will ever regain that core fitness to fully contribute.

Big plus was Browne, the best performance I've seen him play. Not Worrall but certainly a serious alternative to Amoo.

Biggest plus no iPlayer commentary first half, negative was it worked for the last 45 minutes. Ray Williams talks some rubbish. Mansfield created a pretty decent chance straight from a kick from their keeper and he started pontificating about another chance due to playing the ball out from the back. 7 or 8 times he identified the wrong player for either good or bad play.

Archived