onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

EFLT R2 Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Fosse69

29 minutes ago, Woakesy said:

Totally agree re Lloyd. The only time a player deserves to be jeered is if they’re not trying. Lloyd is never not going to give his all. 

In all honesty it’s just bullying. It’s some sad no marks who’ve made nothing of their lives who like to pick on easy targets because it makes them feel big. 

The reason Lloyd is such an easy target is that he is absolutely dire and not good enough for league football.

Askey tries to justify his signing by giving him countless chances which he never takes and it is like playing with ten men when ever he plays.

Needs to go out on loan in January to a non league team to allow a better signing to fill his place.

Advert

12 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

like playing with ten men when ever he plays.

Either we're good at "playing with ten man" or he is contributing because we've only lost three of the eleven games in which he's featured this season :whistling:

LLoyd.JPG.520c23f01abf77f955fa6e43901c10c9.JPG

We all have our favourites and those we think are fortunate to be in the team but clearly the manager see something in these players and we should support them - all of them.

When has directing abuse at someone or booing them ever done any good? I've been watching football for 50 years and am yet to see an example of that. It's bonkers jeering your own players.

16 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

The reason Lloyd is such an easy target is that he is absolutely dire and not good enough for league football.

Askey tries to justify his signing by giving him countless chances which he never takes and it is like playing with ten men when ever he plays.

Needs to go out on loan in January to a non league team to allow a better signing to fill his place.

Lloyd was far from our worst player last night - in my opinion that honour went to Callum Evans. He was very poor but funnily enough, I never once booed him. Not even when he let that guy run past him and score the late equaliser. Some folk don’t understand the word “supporter”. 

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Lloyd was far from our worst player last night - in my opinion that honour went to Callum Evans. He was very poor but funnily enough, I never once booed him. Not even when he let that guy run past him and score the late equaliser. Some folk don’t understand the word “supporter”. 

I think if we won 10-0 some people would still want to moan that we didn't hit eleven.

Or should that be - after losing once in ten games, still being in two cup competitions, earning some welcome cup cash, welcoming back our most high profile supporter, announcing a huge concert, drawing the cup holders in the FA Cup, planning to sort out the Lorne Street stand in the summer and having owners who clearly care about the club... some fans will STILL complain...

Lloyd did okay last night.

Calum Evans looks a total liability as a full back. He often tries a bit too hard to play a long ball rather than keeping it simple. And he should’ve done better for their equaliser. 

Browne looks a very good player and I think he will soon be really pushing for a first team place. 

Thought we played quite well but made hard work of it in the end. 

I learned an awful lot from last nights game. A number of good steady performances but several came up dreadfully short and on the strength of this display simply aren't good enough.

A few things that are abundantly clear is that we desperately need a left back who has pace. Cullen isn't a one up front player and needs to have someone to feed off. Atkinson after a superb debut was very disappointing. Archer showed little willingness to put himself about and press their defence when he came on. I would have thought he would have run his socks off to make an impression. Sadly Ryan LLoyd wasn't good enough when he was here befote and unfortunately he hasn't improved.

Plus points Brown played well on the left flank and Smithy is a rock in our defence

47 minutes ago, old sage said:

I learned an awful lot from last nights game. A number of good steady performances but several came up dreadfully short and on the strength of this display simply aren't good enough.

A few things that are abundantly clear is that we desperately need a left back who has pace. Cullen isn't a one up front player and needs to have someone to feed off. Atkinson after a superb debut was very disappointing. Archer showed little willingness to put himself about and press their defence when he came on. I would have thought he would have run his socks off to make an impression. Sadly Ryan LLoyd wasn't good enough when he was here befote and unfortunately he hasn't improved.

Plus points Brown played well on the left flank and Smithy is a rock in our defence

It’s funny that after atkinsons debut we saw the usual knee jerk reaction of fans immediately wanting him to stay in the team as if he was the best thing ever. Yet right under our nose has been Gibbons who (bar a couple of games) is having a very steady and reliable season and over time it’s been proved IMO that we have no other better option than him there. Meanwhile on the left Evans isnt taking the chance that Crookes injury and Montys defensive liability is presenting, which leads me to believe we need to get a new left back in come January. 

26 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

It’s funny that after atkinsons debut we saw the usual knee jerk reaction of fans immediately wanting him to stay in the team as if he was the best thing ever. Yet right under our nose has been Gibbons who (bar a couple of games) is having a very steady and reliable season and over time it’s been proved IMO that we have no other better option than him there. 

It demonstrates the unintelligence of football fans I'm afraid... There were people slating Gibbons and writing him off after a run of a few bad games.

There are some serious sad cases who only get pleasure out of having a go at players. 

Lots of them were having a go at Askey... he has made them look daft, so they skulk away into a w=hole and go quiet for a bit and wait for their target to play. Then jump out and have a pop completely independent of how their target has played.

That said... the main culprit is only doing it for attention and it baffles me how people still think replying to him is the best response. 

Those having a pop at Lloyd... listen to the Clarke Carlise episode of the "Undr the cosh" podcast.

He talks about his battles with Anxiety, his depression and his suicide attempt. He talks very eloquently about the impact people comments have and the way they can get to a player.

The Lloyd vendetta on here has gone too far... and those taking part should be ashamed. Lloyd in the past has mentioned that he has fallen out of love with the game. The continual barrage of a few idiots, who are doing it to make themselves feel big, or to entertain themselves, has crossed the line into Bullying.

The impact that can have on another human being is profound... . We all send our thoughts and condolences when terrible things happen like in the case of Gary Speed... but then go straight back to vile, relentless personal abuse of one of our own.

Couple that with the fact that if they were face to face with Lloyd, never mind if he was Legge and Popey at the time, they would shrink up their own ars*holes. Keyboard warriors. 

This Vendetta doesn't help Lloyd, doesn't help the squad, doesn't help the club, doesn't help the NewEra... So what the point?

Are your lives so sad and pathetic that this is the only joy you get? 

You are weak.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

It demonstrates the unintelligence of football fans I'm afraid... There were people slating Gibbons and writing him off after a run of a few bad games.

There are some serious sad cases who only get pleasure out of having a go at players. 

Lots of them were having a go at Askey... he has made them look daft, so they skulk away into a w=hole and go quiet for a bit and wait for their target to play. Then jump out and have a pop completely independent of how their target has played.

That said... the main culprit is only doing it for attention and it baffles me how people still think replying to him is the best response. 

I wouldn’t even of said he’d had a bad run of games. Macclesfield like everyone else and probably Scunthorpe. Other than that no problem IMO. This season I think we’ve had a lot of key players step up with consistency and that’s one of the reasons why we’ve done so well. 

Archived