onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

EFLT R2 Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Fosse69

Very reasonable performance considering the 7 changes and them having a few decent names out.

Played some good football and two well taken goals.

I believe Taylor is out of contract in the summer and I read on a Forest website that its not thought he'll be given a new deal.

Special mention to the utter freaks who cheered Lloyd getting subbed; he didn't play well but was far from disastrous, and actually had 3 decent attempts on goal in the first half. Absolute weirdos who shouldn't be allowed out on a school night. Have your little vendettas all you want but please do your very best and get it into your thick skulls that denigrating a Vale player's confidence every time he steps out in a Vale shirt is proper strange behaviour, and you all need your hard drives checking. WAAAAAAAY Bazza chuckles to his mate, another destruction of a Vale player complete. "That's my job done", Bazza thinks. Well worth the tenner entry, managed to give Lloyd another mental kicking, as he leaves before penalties to take to Facebook to give him a bit more stick.

Rant over. Great week, great time to be a Valiant.

Advert

Taylor’s made massive progress from when he first broke into the side, initially games were passing him by and he was struggling to get in to them. Don’t get me wrong he can still disappear in games for spells but now he’s making an impact in matches with goals, getting into good positions and making key contributions. TBH I would imagine that Sproson is trying to get him to play at a higher level, and I don’t see him taking a permanent offer here yet without knowing what’s out there first. He holds the cards right now with the amount of goals he’s getting I think. 

The game lacked energy and a spark tonight. It felt like a reserve game at times. Poor from Atkinson for their first goal, Lloyd didn’t have much of an impact (I agree no need to mock though when he goes off), Legge made a difference. Browne looked good in patches and Worrall is going to be a big miss in the league games. A wins a win no matter how you do it though. 

Genuinely would start handing lifetime bans for people cheering a player getting substituted.

Frog march them out. Get 'em banned. I'll go into their job, and as their boss hands them a P45 for ballsing up the spreadsheet I'll "WAYYYYYY" through the window, having a right old chortle with my pals.

Proper winds me up. I've been angry at players being inadequate before but it literally achieves NOTHING, celebrating a lad who knows the fans don't like him getting hauled, with more gusto than either goal.

Get them on a register, proper wrong'uns.

Agreed re Sproson wanting Taylor to play at a higher level - just hoping it could be with us! Not sure what his wages are in Forest reserves, and whether that could be a stumbling block, but it would be great to have him permanently from what I've seen. He's come on a lot. If JB is right and he is available in the summer, then at least let's keep him with us until then.

Just now, Jacko51 said:

That was bizarre behaviour.  The other 90% of the crowd clapped him.

He wasn't even our worst central midfielder tonight but some folk couldn't wait for the self satisfactory "told you he was sh***" nonsense.

I know I bang on and I don't particularly rate the lad as a footballer either, but he's working hard and doing a job in the cup games for what will be a pittance. Politely applaud him off for his effort, go home, and stop celebrating his struggles.

5 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

Agreed re Sproson wanting Taylor to play at a higher level - just hoping it could be with us! Not sure what his wages are in Forest reserves, and whether that could be a stumbling block, but it would be great to have him permanently from what I've seen. He's come on a lot. If JB is right and he is available in the summer, then at least let's keep him with us until then.

Depends what the competition is like at Forest, interest elsewhere, sell on clause if we or Carol can coax him?  Quite a change to consider dreaming.

Agreed, it won't be easy to keep him if he continues to score like he has done, but he seems to enjoy it here, and if he could help get us in to the play offs and then up, regular first team football in league 1 might appeal. And yes, it is great to be talking about this Fosse - not something we have been able to ponder for a while!

Unfortunately I suspect he'll go to a team higher up the ladder. It's very difficult attracting players at our level. Several clubs in league two and most of them in league one could offer him better wages. But he has matured here and done really well for us. Scoring goals from midfield has been a huge problem for a number of seasons and he's made a difference. But who knows? We are fairly local for him and if he has bought into the new regime then we might have an inkling.

Jake Taylor has come a long way in a short space of time, to the point where he's become an important cog in our side. If he left in January then all of a sudden we would have a problem.

Maybe people at Forest are looking at him and thinking he needs to go somewhere else, to test himself at a higher level, but the flip side of that is he would have to go and earn his place at a new club and risk becoming a squad player, getting 15 minutes here, a time wasting sub there...

At Vale he's getting regular first team football and very noticeably he's on a learning curve. It might not be in his interest to get off it just yet.

25 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Unfortunately I suspect he'll go to a team higher up the ladder. It's very difficult attracting players at our level. Several clubs in league two and most of them in league one could offer him better wages. But he has matured here and done really well for us. Scoring goals from midfield has been a huge problem for a number of seasons and he's made a difference. But who knows? We are fairly local for him and if he has bought into the new regime then we might have an inkling.

Maybe depends on where we are at the end of the season? If we're there or thereabouts we may be an opportunity worth taking.

10 hours ago, Joe B said:

Very reasonable performance considering the 7 changes and them having a few decent names out.

Played some good football and two well taken goals.

I believe Taylor is out of contract in the summer and I read on a Forest website that its not thought he'll be given a new deal.

Special mention to the utter freaks who cheered Lloyd getting subbed; he didn't play well but was far from disastrous, and actually had 3 decent attempts on goal in the first half. Absolute weirdos who shouldn't be allowed out on a school night. Have your little vendettas all you want but please do your very best and get it into your thick skulls that denigrating a Vale player's confidence every time he steps out in a Vale shirt is proper strange behaviour, and you all need your hard drives checking. WAAAAAAAY Bazza chuckles to his mate, another destruction of a Vale player complete. "That's my job done", Bazza thinks. Well worth the tenner entry, managed to give Lloyd another mental kicking, as he leaves before penalties to take to Facebook to give him a bit more stick.

Rant over. Great week, great time to be a Valiant.

Totally agree re Lloyd. The only time a player deserves to be jeered is if they’re not trying. Lloyd is never not going to give his all. 

In all honesty it’s just bullying. It’s some sad no marks who’ve made nothing of their lives who like to pick on easy targets because it makes them feel big. 

Archived