onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

EFLT R2 Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Fosse69

Advert

9 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

Why would it pee me off? If he had consistently scored over a reasonable amount of games (As  wasn't the case) and the team had not been limited to Pope ball then I wouldn't be one of the so called 'Pope haters'

Your comments really make you look very silly. Good heavens Popey has just become the joint top post war striker and in less games than Foyley who was also a fantastic servant to Port Vale. You will no doubt argue that Martin did it mainly in a higher league but I counter that by saying he was playing for a lot of that time with better players and several super wingers. How many would OUR TOM HAVE GOT WITH THE LIKES OF GUPPY McCARTHY AND AINWORTH PINGING THEM OVER ON TO HIS NAPPER.? I RECKON HE WOULD HAVE PROBABLY TAKEN WILF KIRKHAM'S RECORD.

My team for this evening would be:

Brown

Atkinson     Smith      Brisley      Evans

Worrall        Joyce       Conlon

Browne        Cullen      Bennett

Experienced side, I think Rhys Browne and Tom Conlon could certainly benefit from having another 60 minutes in the tank, Cullen and Bennett will both need game time as they won't be getting in ahead of Pope after Saturday, maybe an argument for playing a few more regular players especially if Mansfield are going to make changes, to keep that all important momentum going!

UTV!

6 hours ago, old sage said:

Your comments really make you look very silly. Good heavens Popey has just become the joint top post war striker and in less games than Foyley who was also a fantastic servant to Port Vale. You will no doubt argue that Martin did it mainly in a higher league but I counter that by saying he was playing for a lot of that time with better players and several super wingers. How many would OUR TOM HAVE GOT WITH THE LIKES OF GUPPY McCARTHY AND AINWORTH PINGING THEM OVER ON TO HIS NAPPER.? I RECKON HE WOULD HAVE PROBABLY TAKEN WILF KIRKHAM'S RECORD.

Now you are being silly. Pope misses more than he scores over a general period. But I am on the other hand happy he scored (For the team) I'm not going on record to say I like the Pope personality (berating fans on twitter, drinking inbetween games etc) because I don't. I have an expectation of how a pro footballer should behave (You probably deem that irrelevant..I don't)

For those who say he is a legend. He is a legend in his own right, but don't make comparisons to players like Naylor and Ainsworth...Pope will never reach that level and you know it

Didn’t Bennett’s goal at Macc take a deflection that wrong footed the keeper? I’m pretty sure it did. 

Pope can’t be paying someone that much as prior to Saturday he hadn’t started a game since the beginning of October. 

Now you are being silly. Pope misses more than he scores over a general period. But I am on the other hand happy he scored (For the team) I'm not going on record to say I like the Pope personality (berating fans on twitter, drinking inbetween games etc) because I don't. I have an expectation of how a pro footballer should behave (You probably deem that irrelevant..I don't)

For those who say he is a legend. He is a legend in his own right, but don't make comparisons to players like Naylor and Ainsworth...Pope will never reach that level and you know it

Can’t believe you didn’t like Swan Walker Kerr Van Der Laan etc

Archived