Fosse69

FA Cup 3rd Round Draw Man City Away

When you look at the other 63 teams in the draw there are at least 50 of them who would be rubbish!  I'm not holding my breath.

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Only problem with Watford would be we'd be lucky to get 8'500 crowd. 

Got be a massive one at home or away. 

Or someone crap with big support like Newcastle or West Ham who are beatable with all the changes they make

That’s true. Their fanbase isn’t huge. I think I’d agree. Newcastle or West Ham would bring the numbers. 

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

When you look at the other 63 teams in the draw there are at least 50 of them who would be rubbish!  I'm not holding my breath.

I'm viewing it that there are only a handful that would be worse than an early January trip to Morecambe, which was the alternative. I've only just about thawed out from going there this time last season! 

Feels a bit strange that I'm more keen on a big draw for Carol than I am for myself.

Would be a fantastic return on the faith she showed us when we were at death's door. She deserves to be welcoming the chairman of United, City, Spurs and to reap the financial benefit.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Smugsy said:

I've rubbed by crystal ball and I see a Premier League side in blue away from home......🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️

You wanna be careful doing that......you'll go blind!

Nailed on Millwall away!

Edited by ClntonBoulton

There is an entire generation of younger fan who've never seen Vale do anything in the cup.

I'm in my 20s and the most 'giant-killing' moment of my life is when Leon Constantine scored against Spurs in 2006. It was nearly 15 years ago. We lost the game. Nathan Lowndes bagged at Villa Park a few years earlier. That's it. The entirety of my Vale supporting life since the age of 5. One promotion and an ultimately futile goal against Spurs at a ground that no longer exists.

A good chunk of our fanbase have strong memories of Spurs in 88, Anfield, Goodison in their minds, which probably had a significant part in strengthening ties and love for the Vale. Some go back to the 53/54 cup run. People born anywhere after the early 90s have basically nothing to go on.

With Stoke in utter turmoil, and us on an upwards trend, a big tie could real be seen as a 'before and after' moment for us.

Picture a week in which the Robbie gig is announced AND we get a plum tie, compounded by having a good owner for the first time in 30 years AND Lardies crying into their pies as another fraudulent manager is exposed at the GamblingAddict Megadome.

Without wanting to over-egg it all, of course.

Can't wait for Oxford away. Absolute f****** guarantee.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I’m more nervous than a game day!!

It's great the Cup buzz is back. Seems ages since we waited for the 3rd Round draw. We have had 2 bad draws and we are still rolling.

• Like 1

My lad will be 22 at Christmas. The highest team in the pyramid he has seen Vale play is West Brom, the biggest team he has seen ( history wise ) is Sunderland.

For the younger generation it would be wonderful to get a massive draw, but as Jacko quite rightly points out it is about a 1 in 5 chance of this happening.

Let us hope the gods are with us for once.

For me those games against Derby, Southampton, Liverpool, Spurs, Watford, Everton etc are still in the memory bank and were the norm and taken for granted. Be really nice just to have a brilliant day out somewhere with 7000 Vale fans roaring.

Gillingham away it is then 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cheshirevaliant said:

I'm viewing it that there are only a handful that would be worse than an early January trip to Morecambe, which was the alternative. I've only just about thawed out from going there this time last season! 

You can now look forward to a Tuesday night game in Morecambe !!! 

Mind you the last time was that cracking 3-0 win. 

Edited by darren1810
addition to post

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

But maybe with a better chance of being in the 4th round draw?

On 01/12/2019 at 13:08, darren1810 said:

Almost seems fate with the new positivity, the gig , the difficult draws so far etc that we get a biggy which would be huge reward to the new owners.

Given our luck I expect Oxford or Reading away 

Dunno why but I keep thinking Oxford away......