onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

David Amoo

pollyswinson

Advert

That's probably a fair summary.

He looked electric when he arrived, has a decent shot on him and can head a ball.

We need to find ways of getting him to contribute more in games. He drifts in and out and needs to work hard to keep involved in the match.

But as you say wingers are often like that and it's not necessarily their fault that they don't get the ball.

Hopefully he'll come good again.

A goal this weekend would be nice!

Started well, is now in a dip, but still a regular starter for a team knocking on the door of the playoffs.

He's what we anticipated; a lightening fast, inconsistent winger who is a confidence player, who will go missing in away games but can turn a game on its head.

I thought he had a very good first half vs Carlisle but that seems to have been forgotten.

He'll have another good run and another bad run, and will justify his status as a League 2 winger. There's a reason he was at Cambridge last season.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Started well, is now in a dip, but still a regular starter for a team knocking on the door of the playoffs.

He's what we anticipated; a lightening fast, inconsistent winger who is a confidence player, who will go missing in away games but can turn a game on its head.

I thought he had a very good first half vs Carlisle but that seems to have been forgotten.

He'll have another good run and another bad run, and will justify his status as a League 2 winger. There's a reason he was at Cambridge last season.

i would agree with all of your post, Joe... except the 'lightning fast' bit. Perhaps we just have slightly different ideas of 'lightning fast.'

I tend to think of lightning fast wingers as players who take the ball to the full back/defender, knock it past them into the space, then simply outrun the defender and easily get to the ball first. Amoo tends to try and beat the defender by trickery. I struggle to think of our last, really quick winger... Paul Smith probably. 

7 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

We may well be performing a few places above expectations, I would expect a promotion team to have 2 or 3 Worralls in front of the back 4, we are building, Amoo may improve but is where we are at present.

I’d say Worrall is a league 1 player. 

I believe the downturn in his performances are as a result in the temperature and the darker nights coming in. Might get better after Easter. Just lets hope he passes on the snood and gloves ritual. 

When he came here there was not much expected of the team as a whole so if he could "do a bit", it would look like he was a better than average player. However the team has improved as a whole and some of the players are doing a lot better than most of us thought they would. We can all see these improvements and as a result Dave's efforts have not turned out to be as noticeable as was hoped for. Its the same old story at this level- you have to work hard at your trade to be noticed, and those often standing around waiting for things to happen, rather than making them happen, are critisised.  Its the same old story ...... Look busy ! The boss/Customers are watching you !

I'm not sure what the opening poster was expecting from a player released by Cambridge who was often sub for them.
He's a typical league 2 winger. On his day - brilliant. On others - anonymous. Sometimes both within the same game! He's chipped in with a few goals and assists and already has more than many of last season's midfielders/ wingers.
He's quite a big frame for a winger so getting up and down the pitch and being ready to attack with 100% intensity at every opportunity is not going to happen and I do think we have been spoilt winger wise in the past with the likes of Guppy, McCarthy and Ainsworth who set the bar of our expectations so high.
Let's just say I think we are often a better attacking force with him in the team then when he is not.

I’ve said it before an enigma. Just push the ball bast the defender and go, no need for any fancy footwork, which I don’t think he has on his tool belt.

This would mean that the opposition centre back would need to come across and cover. Amoo would get there first then n some instances so he could cross the ball, hopefully to someone in the centre or go for goal himself. If the opposition wanted to stop this from happening then their left sided midfielder would be pulled out wide creating space in the centre of the pitch.

Just a thought. 

Archived