onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Scotty Brown

Jacko51

Advert

49 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I've decided to put my boring and strange hat on.

It's interesting what you find if you go dredging up old posts Iron Curtain. Can you remember a time when you defended Smurf?

Oh absolutely I can... I desperately wanted him to be a success and fell for his PR hook line and sinker.

Then As John Maynard Keynes is attributed with saying “the facts changed and therefore so did my mind.

As the evidence mounted up and the stories from people who loved the club became more and more scary, I sided with them. The balance of evidence led me to realise I was wrong about the man... I could see what he was.

You didn’t... you went right to the bitter end. When the evidence was so great that it was scary.

I trusted Vale fans and wanted Norman to provide evidence he wasn’t milking and ruining the club. He never did.

You trusted Norman, and demanded the vale fans who were bringing him down to provide evidence to discredit them. 

I was wrong and looking back I cringe at how wrong I got it.

Its not hard to do RB, admit you got it wrong... I do it all the time on here if you look back!

You are clearly a chap that doesn’t like to admit it. Sad really.

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Oh absolutely I can... I desperately wanted him to be a success and fell for his PR hook line and sinker.

Then As John Maynard Keynes is attributed with saying “the facts changed and therefore so did my mind.

As the evidence mounted up and the stories from people who loved the club became more and more scary, I sided with them. The balance of evidence led me to realise I was wrong about the man... I could see what he was.

You didn’t... you went right to the bitter end. When the evidence was so great that it was scary.

I trusted Vale fans and wanted Norman to provide evidence he wasn’t milking and ruining the club. He never did.

You trusted Norman, and demanded the vale fans who were bringing him down to provide evidence to discredit them. 

I was wrong and looking back I cringe at how wrong I got it.

Its not hard to do RB, admit you got it wrong... I do it all the time on here if you look back!

You are clearly a chap that doesn’t like to admit it. Sad really.

It's just not true.

The facts are that I did not defend Smurf until "the bitter end."

Your first 3 paragraphs summarise my experience perfectly. Whether you think I was late to the party or not is up to you. We obviously have very different standards of "evidence" and you may have personal relationships with people closer to the club than I do.

The narative you are trying to spin simply does not exist. You keep saying it yourself, go and read the posts if anyone is interested. But you know what IC? I doubt they are. Because people reading this thread will be thinking "what on earth are these idiots talking about ancient history for?"

As for the rest of your post, it's really poor. I've admitted what I got wrong, you have not.

I'm the only one that has posted any evidence in this thread, let's not forget that. Evidence which completely and utterly debunks what you say happened.

We will never be friends, we don't even really speak on this forum any more. In fact the twice that it has happened in the last few months is when you tried to claim that my views on Brexit were not trustworthy because of what I said about Smurf years ago (in fact, we know that what YOU say I said is not true, so you are wrong on two counts there).

And the second time is when you have bizarrely baited me by tagging me in a thread which actually backs up everything I said in that thread 11 months ago.

I said at the time "show me the evidence and I'll believe you" you couldn't.

11 months later, the evidence now exists.

There's nothing more to it.

Please stop this weird smear campaign, please stop telling lies about me.

16 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

It's just not true.

Your first 3 paragraphs summarise my experience perfectly. Whether you think I was late to the party or not is up to you. We obviously have very different standards of "evidence" and you may have personal relationships with people closer to the club than I do.

The narative you are trying to spin simply does not exist. You keep saying it yourself, go and read the posts if anyone is interested. But you know what IC? I doubt they are. Because people reading this thread will be thinking "what on earth are these idiots talking about ancient history for?"

As for the rest of your post, it's really poor. I've admitted what I got wrong, you have not.

I'm the only one that has posted any evidence in this thread, let's not forget that. Evidence which completely and utterly debunks what you say happened.

We will never be friends, we don't even really speak on this forum any more. In fact the twice that it has happened in the last few months is when you tried to claim that my views on Brexit were not trustworthy because of what I said about Smurf years ago (in fact, we know that what YOU say I said is not true, so you are wrong on two counts there).

And the second time is when you have bizarrely baited me by tagging me in a thread which actually backs up everything I said in that thread 11 months ago.

People can read both my old posts and yours and judge for themselves where we sat on the Smurthwaite defending scale. I’m very very very comfortable with that.

If what I’m saying is so wrong why are you so bothered?

If someone called me a stoke fan I would just laugh at them and ignore them... you seem very bothered by what I’m saying. I think that’s because its close to the bone and you are embarrassed by it. 

You are right about us banging on back and forth about something else that the thread is intended for... once again I’m willing to admit that my fault, I just like people to be reminded of what posters priorities were around the time of Norman. It cut deep... in my eyes you were doing what you could to stop people’s mud on Norman sticking. I think that was low. My opinion... if you don’t like it, ignore me.

I defended Smurthwaite as well at first, but that was because like a lot of us I fell for his spin. I was also fearful of what would happen if he went. I remember having a debate on here with Jean about the desirability or otherwise of having the Shanahans in charge - to me they were just another unknown quantity like Norman. How wrong I was.

Thankfully I saw through the lies in the end and now have an answer to my question.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

People can read both my old posts and yours and judge for themselves where we sat on the Smurthwaite defending scale. I’m very very very comfortable with that.

If what I’m saying is so wrong why are you so bothered?

If someone called me a stoke fan I would just laugh at them and ignore them... you seem very bothered by what I’m saying. I think that’s because its close to the bone and you are embarrassed by it. 

You are right about us banging on back and forth about something else that the thread is intended for... once again I’m willing to admit that my fault, I just like people to be reminded of what posters priorities were around the time of Norman. It cut deep... in my eyes you were doing what you could to stop people’s mud on Norman sticking. I think that was low. My opinion... if you don’t like it, ignore me.

I just don't like it when people lie about me, especially after I post evidence that explicitly proves that the smears are untrue.

The real question is why are you lying about it now, 11 months after that thread?

I notice you still have not evidenced anything that you have said yet.

In my opinion, I was assisting the movement against Norman Smurthwaite. As I said multiple times, brow beating people into believing things without evidence didn't help the cause.

I asked many many times for evidence, if you had of posted it, how could anyone have disagreed with it?

Much like this thread, I was simply saying - put your evidence where your mouth is.

I'll leave it to the forum to decide why you have decided not to post any evidence. Maybe you'll bump this thread in 12 months time when you finally get some evidence that I was a massive Smurf fan?

The funniest part in all of this, is again, in the very thread you keep mentioning that is supposed to contain all of these pro-smurf posts (they don't exist and therefore you cannot actually post any), I actually said along the lines of "if you dare to ask for evidence you are dismissed as being pro-smurf".

You are literally proving me right with every post you make in this thread.

Can you please stop this weird smear campaign now?

1 hour ago, Heatwave said:

I defended Smurthwaite as well at first, but that was because like a lot of us I fell for his spin. I was also fearful of what would happen if he went. I remember having a debate on here with Jean about the desirability or otherwise of having the Shanahans in charge - to me they were just another unknown quantity like Norman. How wrong I was.

Thankfully I saw through the lies in the end and now have an answer to my question.

Very big of you Heatwave, I think most people were duped, I certainly was.

It's pretty gross to be so vindictive and intolerant against someone because they think differently and/or took their time coming around to your own view point. I didn't even hold the opposite view to Iron Curtain in the thread he quotes as evidence. In fact, around that time that I knew Smurthwaite's intentions were not in the interest of the club. I was actually on his side, except for my personal principles in not abusing or spreading information which I am unable to back up with some sort of evidence.

Yes I did support Smurf at one time. Yes I did defend Smurf at one time. I also changed my mind whilst he was still at the club. I also attended a demonstration after a home game briefly, after the radio meltdown.

And do you know when my mind was changed? when my personal standard of proof was met.

You need to stop this bizarre behaviour Iron Curtain, you've got this wildly wrong.

33 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I just don't like it when people lie about me, especially after I post evidence that explicitly proves that the smears are untrue.

The real question is why are you lying about it now, 11 months after that thread?

I notice you still have not evidenced anything that you have said yet.

In my opinion, I was assisting the movement against Norman Smurthwaite. As I said multiple times, brow beating people into believing things without evidence didn't help the cause.

I asked many many times for evidence, if you had of posted it, how could anyone have disagreed with it?

Much like this thread, I was simply saying - put your evidence where your mouth is.

I'll leave it to the forum to decide why you have decided not to post any evidence. Maybe you'll bump this thread in 12 months time when you finally get some evidence that I was a massive Smurf fan?

The funniest part in all of this, is again, in the very thread you keep mentioning that is supposed to contain all of these pro-smurf posts (they don't exist and therefore you cannot actually post any), I actually said along the lines of "if you dare to ask for evidence you are dismissed as being pro-smurf".

You are literally proving me right with every post you make in this thread.

Can you please stop this weird smear campaign now?

I guess we just see if differently... I saw it that every time someone posted something bad about Smurf you jumped on them and demanded proof to discredit them.

You can See it how you want. 

People will make their own opinion. I know I did... it was pretty easy to do.

39 minutes ago, pensioner said:

I thought this was a thread about Scotty Brown being at the supporters club meeting.    It would be better if the two side in the quarrel took their Smurf subject off line and sort their personal differences.  

Agreed pensioner sorry.

It's over as far as I'm concerned.

6 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

It's just not true.

Behave soft lad,there was no bigger supporter of Smuffwate than you.

27 minutes ago, glenpvfc said:

I wonder whose side Scott Brown is on, IC's or Regals?

<ovf censored> me, I bet you two don't let kids play ball games in your streets

That’s the point... he confirmed in the meeting with the fans he is on my side! 😂

Jokes aside... it’s a fair cop. Apologies for derailing... Mea Culpa

Archived