onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Scotty Brown

Jacko51

Advert

Is @Regal Beagle now willing to agree that Norman WAS in fact bringing in trialists without the managers knowledge now that Scott Brown has confirmed it?

In a classic passive aggressive defence of Norman that Regal Begal typically served up at the end of Normans tenure he offered up that no one could prove it was a fact and if it was happening then surely Aspin would have quit. 

If you would like evidence of how Regal Beagle used to talk to posters who questioned that Norman was bringing in trialists (he always asks for evidence) read the “January Signings” thread started by Darren1810.

14 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Spoke to Lee Nogan at Crawley last season and he confirmed all the stories about our former owner signing players.  It's astonishing that some people never believed what was going on.

I’m not sure what the agenda was, but certain people certainly played the passive aggressive game of discrediting anyone who tried to point out the fat controllers faults! 

Are they big enough to come out now and say the accusations were true? ... I doubt it!

21 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Is @Regal Beagle now willing to agree that Norman WAS in fact bringing in trialists without the managers knowledge now that Scott Brown has confirmed it?

In a classic passive aggressive defence of Norman that Regal Begal typically served up at the end of Normans tenure he offered up that no one could prove it was a fact and if it was happening then surely Aspin would have quit. 

If you would like evidence of how Regal Beagle used to talk to posters who questioned that Norman was bringing in trialists (he always asks for evidence) read the “January Signings” thread started by Darren1810.

Don't think I ever doubted that he had bought in players at some stage, and I don't think I ever doubted that he had bought in trialists. In fact I'm pretty sure Smurf said he'd done the latter himself when he was on about that development squad stuff.

It's a bit of a weird post though - some evidence now exists, which didn't at the time and you are having a pop at me for saying that it didn't exist at the time, and at the same time, not truthfully representing what I said.

this is almost as strange as that time you thought Smurthwaite was somehow relevant to brexit?

Also @Iron Curtain, here is what I posted in that thread you have cited as your evidence:

"It is my belief that Norman has signed players in the past. It had been my belief that he had not done it whilst Aspin was here. It is my belief that Aspin is unlikely to be in favour of the rumoured Dutch players which is a huge concern given our league status is hanging by a thread.

I can't prove any of it though, that's all I'm saying."

So you see, your post is either completely wrong or completely dishonest.

I don't know what Scott Brown said as I didn't go to the supporters meeting, but if he has confirmed that Smurf signed players behind Aspin's back then I will hold my hand up and say that, that particular belief of mine, in January 2019, was wrong. Although if you note the quote above I did acknowledge that I haven't got any evidence and therefore implying that I stand to be corrected.

Are you man enough to admit that you have totally misrepresented what I said in that thread?

6 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I’m not sure what the agenda was, but certain people certainly played the passive aggressive game of discrediting anyone who tried to point out the fat controllers faults! 

Are they big enough to come out now and say the accusations were true? ... I doubt it!

Are you big enough to admit that you are wrong about me yet again?

Your own evidence proves it.

Stop the weird smear campaign, it's not true and it's frankly a bit sad.

3 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Also @Iron Curtain

I don't know what Scott Brown said as I didn't go to the supporters meeting, but if he has confirmed that Smurf signed players behind Aspin's back then I will hold my hand up and say that, that particular belief of mine, in January 2019, was wrong. 

Well done for admitting you were wrong.

Now explain why when well respected members continued to tell you what Norman was doing you kept defending him... saying you hadn’t seen the proof.

There are a million things that people believe without seeing the evidence with their own eyes... I never once saw Alex Ferguson have a glass of red wine with Arsene Wenger. But it’s a commonly held truth that it happened.

But for you... for some reason, you insisted that you personally had to have hard evidence of anything bad Norman did. When people told you they knew, you argued and attempted to make them look daft. 

Because you, for some reason didn’t like people trying to show Norman up for what he was. You tried to stop it, and in trying to discredit the accusations, you sir were defending Norman Smurthwaite.

And there is no smear campaign ... just reminding everyone that that fat c*ckwomble held Port Vale to ransom... and you argued against those trying to enlighten others.

When people were campaigning and letting people know that Norman was signing players, your response was to say it could be proven. And that shouldn’t be forgotten. And it won’t be!

Anyone who wants evidence, don’t chose the selected quotes from the man himself. Use the search function to search the term Norman under the poster Regal Begal. Then you can make your own mind up! 

It wasn't just behind Aspo's back. Behind Brown's back. And i'd bet he signed up the whole lot under Bruno. Doesn't matter now. Thankfully we have moved on. 

Everyone gets things wrong. Me big style often.

Manning up and saying you were wrong is a tough ask. But feels good when you do it,

10 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Well done for admitting you were wrong.

Now explain why when well respected members continued to tell you what Norman was doing you kept defending him... saying you hadn’t seen the proof.

There are a million things that people believe without seeing the evidence with their own eyes... I never once saw Alex Ferguson have a glass of red wine with Arsene Wenger. But it’s a commonly held truth that it happened.

But for you... for some reason, you insisted that you personally had to have hard evidence of anything bad Norman did. When people told you they knew, you argued and attempted to make them look daft. 

Because you, for some reason didn’t like people trying to show Norman up for what he was. You tried to stop it, and in trying to discredit the accusations, you sir were defending Norman Smurthwaite.

And there is no smear campaign ... just reminding everyone that that fat c*ckwomble held Port Vale to ransom... and you argued against those trying to enlighten others.

When people were campaigning and letting people know that Norman was signing players, your response was to say it could be proven. And that shouldn’t be forgotten. And it won’t be!

Anyone who wants evidence, don’t chose the selected quotes from the man himself. Use the search function to search the term Norman under the poster Regal Begal. Then you can make your own mind up! 

Just totally bizarre.

Are you big enough to admit that you are wrong about my posts?

It doesn't look like it. You've doubled down and told people to ignore THE ONLY EVIDENCE that has been posted in this thread.

I got a lot wrong about Norman. As did you and many other posters. I refuse to be a sheep and I want to see evidence myself before I make my mind up. There's nothing wrong with that, I don't regret it and I would do it again if goes wrong with Carol and Kevin. I'd afford them the exact same principle.

My issue in that thread was that not only was I told that the issue was true, that the evidence exists and that I was somehow ignoring it. It didn't exist at that time and the fact that it's taken 11 months for someone who would have had knowledge to publically confirm it, then surely that proves I was right.

And just to be clear before you misrepresent my post again....I'm saying I was right about the EVIDENCE not being there, not that smurf didn't sign the players. In fact, I've already proven to you that I said I DID BELIEVE he had signed players.

Admit that you are wrong, stop lying about my posts 11 months after the fact. Stop brining up Smurthwaite at every opportunity.

It's boring and it is strange.

Archived