Robbie coming home?

This is what burslem needs

Im a football fan. I used to go school with Robbie. But i will say this...Burslem is not the place to hold and open air concert along with all the security risks it carries. It is not good when a 14,000 crowd are in town and roads get jammed and all hell breaks loose. If this concert goes ahead there needs to be a proper plan in place and consultation with local residents. Residents will be affected as will others in the area going about their normal lives. I would suggest no car parking within a two mile radius of the ground...for one.
  • Like 2

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don’t forget, this bell-end also gifted his shares to the fans during the v2001 protests. 

great coup for the club. Apparently Carol was already looking into having concerts staged here before RW team got in touch. They are steadily lifting the profile of our club from the shambles it was b

Personally I would prefer Norman's two tier nightclub in the corner of the Railway, but I'll put my disappointment to one side.

Posted Images

Im a football fan. I used to go school with Robbie. But i will say this...Burslem is not the place to hold and open air concert along with all the security risks it carries. It is not good when a 14,000 crowd are in town and roads get jammed and all hell breaks loose. If this concert goes ahead there needs to be a proper plan in place and consultation with local residents. Residents will be affected as will others in the area going about their normal lives. I would suggest no car parking within a two mile radius of the ground...for one.

You must be a barrel of laughs at a party

Listen, folks. Vale Park was opened in 1950. I would suggest, therefore, that an extremely high percentage of residents would have purchased their properties after this date knowing that they were living in the vicinity of a soccer ground. They were not to know that the football club itself would have been generally unsuccessful during the last 70 years. We could have been a successful club with huge crowds 20 days or more per season. Robbie performing at Vale Park is huge for the area and the charities it is supporting. Well done to the organisers.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

I live close to the ground. And believe it or not the football ground was there when I purchased my property.

This post is the latest in a long line of nonsensical posts,by this supposed fan.

7 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

Ahhhhhhh well.... Never mind, you cant please everyone eh.

• Like 1

Did Robbie peanut your school tie or something?
It's one day, a day to enjoy and get the barbecue out. Burslem town will be buzzing, lighten up a bit owd.

Ah! Those were the days, my friend 😎

How did we cope when Liverpool, Everton, Totters came to town?

For anyone to suggest that the planning thus far has not included a consideration for the 'comfort of local residents' is, in my opinion, a damn insult to the Shanahans and all others involved.

Dave, using Tone's words, I despair. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, toyahw said:

Queen  blasting it out at Maine road kept me up. Just opened the windows and appreciated getting it for free.... 

Live in town = noise.  If you don't like it go and live in Cheshire.

The cockerels can be a bit noisy in Cheshire though. Also cows farting is another environmental and noise issue lol

9 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

You must be dreading us ever making it to the championship or god forbid the premiership then.

3 hours ago, old sage said:

That would be stupid because the sale of tickets for that area would dwarf any expense for the necessary improvements,

Not at all. Remember we as a club see little of the money as profit. Doing up the Lorne Street would reduce the profit which is going to charity.