Walka003

Robbie coming home?

This is what happens when the owner isn't a scuttling little insect like the last one.

Can't wait to see him on Hamil Road before the gig selling warm fanta from his car boot.

Wonder what capacity they'll go with. More seats I'd think in the Hamil to have the stage against the Bycars/family stand but the shallow rake would make the view suffer from a full pitch. 

A couple of years ago I did some maintenance work on VP during pre-season when we were in admin and it was required to start the season. I say maintenance work, it was mostly very badly painting yellow edges on the steps in the railway and fcúking dripping it everywhere. I realised then that the council were dead arsy about irrelevant details to even allow a football match to occur in a football stadium, so to get the nod to host a gig must have been a HUGE amount of work over a large period of time, a significant undertaking and effort for the Shanahans. Well done to them for that, it should, even for charity and after costs, be a cheeky little earner for the club. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Preferential tickets available to those tho have, or will, pre order his new album before 5 December.

Won't they have suffered enough? 

In two minds about this. On one hand, it's a real coup for the Shanahans, testament to their hard work and the improved standing of the club. It should help the reputation of the club, increase finances, assist in the selling of season tickets and merchandise (one-off Vale top?) and provide some much-needed and well-deserved money for local charities and possibly the town at large. On the other hand, Robbie Williams is just such a colossal bell-end.

• Haha 1

Dunna be churlish, Mr H. Aren't most pop stars larger than life?

He's one of our own and deserves the biggest welcome possible. Great news.

Let's hope his singing is better than his footballing skills were the last time he appeared at Vale Park.😉

I will be going. It is fantastic to finally have a gig back at Vale Park of such a major name. Should really help the local businesses although god help any poor sod booking The George. 

I hope our ground is up to holding such a major gig, if it is, what a major vote of confidence in our facilities. 

Amazing news. Delighted to see the Robbie gig is for such good causes. Well done to all involved in arranging it and hopefully the first of many gigs at the ground...

• Like 3

Fantastic news and will open up a load of new opportunities. Even if all proceeds go to charity (which is great), I imagine we will benefit from the advertising, showcasing the stadium and enhancing our profile.

Also, I’m sure the Robbie Williams suite will now be finished before the concert, which in itself, provides another 150 hospitality seats. 

Only positives from this, great work from all involved. Carol and Kevin are a breath of fresh air and I think this is just the start of fantastic things ahead.

Strap on your seatbelts Valiants, the next decade is going to be a damn sight better than the last one.

UTV.  

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Won't they have suffered enough? 

In two minds about this. On one hand, it's a real coup for the Shanahans, testament to their hard work and the improved standing of the club. It should help the reputation of the club, increase finances, assist in the selling of season tickets and merchandise (one-off Vale top?) and provide some much-needed and well-deserved money for local charities and possibly the town at large. On the other hand, Robbie Williams is just such a colossal bell-end.

Don’t forget, this bell-end also gifted his shares to the fans during the v2001 protests. 

• Like 7

Superb announcement for the club, the charities, RW fans and our new owners!

What a difference it makes having decent people at the helm. I doubt this would have happened under any of the previous incumbents.

My only concern with this announcement is how such a large crowd will stretch our modest and badly outdated facilities.

Finger crossed everything goes smoothly and the British summer weather is kind on the night.

Well done to all concerned!

Think of what this will do to Burslem.

The pubs, cafes, restaraunts; this is monumental.

Carol promised she'd used the Vale as a vehicle to uplift the community.

So pleased with our club. Best owners of the 92. No debate to be had. Shove your gambling up your backside.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 5

Fantastic publicity from a genuine mega star.

Well done to all concerned. He's not my cup of tea but I'd of gone for the occasion if I could of got a ticket.

However it clashes with the far superior Kasabian in Leicester . 

Hopefully we cash in somehow. 

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

I will be going. It is fantastic to finally have a gig back at Vale Park of such a major name. Should really help the local businesses although god help any poor sod booking The George. 

I hope our ground is up to holding such a major gig, if it is, what a major vote of confidence in our facilities. 

I went to a do there a couple of weeks ago. They're doing their best and we had no problems at all. As the main hotel in Burslem I wish them well.

30 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Fantastic publicity from a genuine mega star.

Well done to all concerned. He's not my cup of tea but I'd of gone for the occasion if I could of got a ticket.

However it clashes with the far superior Kasabian in Leicester . 

Hopefully we cash in somehow. 

OH F*** ME

FORGOT I'D BOOKED KASABIAN

DISASTER

OH NO

NOOOOOO

I think RW's fan base spreads a bit further than us Vale fans. Can't stand his music personally. But the bloke doesn't owe us anything. But still pitches in. He's one of our own... nice one Robbie.

Very much enjoying how the cleverest amongst the shlt fans, that is the ones who were able to read the poster and work out what it meant, have all only been able to come up with the exact same detracting line on twitter or SoT Live or whatever. "First time they'll see a crowd at VP durrrrr" as nurse wipes the drool from their grossly deformed chins.

Agent O'Neill will be the first warm up act. You heard it here first. 

image.jpg

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Joe B said:

OH F*** ME

FORGOT I'D BOOKED KASABIAN

DISASTER

OH NO

NOOOOOO

I've got Kasabian and Killers around then so was sure it clashed. Like I say RW not my bag but what an occasion I'll miss. Hopefully all is well with our local Council regarding this, imagine the furore if they meddle