onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robbie coming home?

Walka003

Advert

On 27/11/2019 at 23:40, RailwayRowdy said:

Shame Lemmy is no longer with us. Would have been nice to maybe have Burslem’s finest on stage one more time in the town also ? 

I don't think Robbie will be threatening to rip off some fan's head and shove it up his arse like the time I saw Motorhead at the Vic Hall. 🙂

Then again, if Carlll goes....who knows?

3 hours ago, Valiant62 said:

“Go and live in Cheshire” = unnecessary

I only wish I had the money. 

Unless Toyah meant somewhere like Crewe, in which case I agree, it’s completely uncalled for.

Funnily enough the last outdoor gig I went to was at Jodrell Bank.

PA systems have come a hell of a long way and with all the acoustics people it will be a lot cleverer.

1 hour ago, davehartshill said:

Burslem was fine when we had big crowds for the Northampton/Burton games the season we went up. I’m sure it’ll be fine. 

We probably,y had a similar amount attending as will attend robbers gig when we played Liverpool, Everton, arsenal and Tottenham in the cup, and some of the Derby’s with stoke. 

People missing the point. Robbie Williams concert will attract people outside the area and many on the drink..also it won't be a crowd of 18,000 more like 30,000 plus. I will stick my head on the para phat and say I don't believe the location and road infrastructure around the ground and the town will cope.  Nor do I think the area will be respected by outsiders

When was the last time Burslem had a crowd of 30k? The whole area will come to a standstill and many residents won't be able to use their cars or go about their daily lives without inconvenience.

10 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

People missing the point. Robbie Williams concert will attract people outside the area and many on the drink..also it won't be a crowd of 18,000 more like 30,000 plus. I will stick my head on the para phat and say I don't believe the location and road infrastructure around the ground and the town will cope.  Nor do I think the area will be respected by outsiders

When was the last time Burslem had a crowd of 30k? The whole area will come to a standstill and many residents won't be able to use their cars or go about their daily lives without inconvenience.

Typical Stoke on Trent attitude,anything new, bright ,shiny colourful or to be proud of and the natives moan and moan and moan.

16 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

To be honest it probably will have a few road closures but any big event has those. Go to Wembley or an Arsenal game and all the streets are shut in the hours up to match day.

I would imagine a shuttle bus service will be available for the gig. 

Let's cancel it then just so people can go Asda my god come on

30 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

Nor do I think the area will be respected by outsiders

Has Burslem turned into Royston Vasey?

38 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

Burslem needs people from outside.

Car parking could be set up at a different location and people shuttled in..... with a total ban on parking in and around the town.

Is the town respected now?

So people shouldn't go to any event anywhere because it may inconvenience the locals..... does that include the burslem locals not going Xmas shopping outside burslem?...... humbug.

Sure a Park and Ride scheme will be set up. 

Cant say I saw any big issues at the Etihad with people trashing the place for a concert, many will be groups of 20-40 year old ladies I imagine so probably less of an issue than when Vale play a working class side with groups of Chavs scrapping with our bad element!

Its one afternoon and will bring money into the area through the local business sales such as pubs etc.

3 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Sure a Park and Ride scheme will be set up. 

Cant say I saw any big issues at the Etihad with people trashing the place for a concert, many will be groups of 20-40 year old ladies I imagine so probably less of an issue than when Vale play a working class side with groups of Chavs scrapping with our bad element!

Its one afternoon and will bring money into the area through the local business sales such as pubs etc.

A park and ride scheme needs to be set up. The council need to give prioroty access to residents within 3 miles of the ground along with the park and ride vehicles.

With a bit of consideration for the local community the concert CAN work

I would imagine that this concert has been given local permission to go ahead - I would imagine that those giving this permission knew of the venue, and the surroundings. I would also imagine that those organising the event have had experience of this sort of thing before and have taken into account the traffic etc. When Middleport Pottery had the Poppy event people came from miles around but they managed to cope because they planned the parking on Mcguinesses old yard. I'm sure the powers that be have thought the solutions to any problems far better than some scrote on here who hides behind a daft name. If he is so botthered then he should go to Stoke-On_trent Licencing authority, lodge specific complaints and ask them for their answers. But as he is as daft as a brush he wouldn't have the gumption to do anything so constructive as its far better to come on OVF and be a total fool.  He is now another fool on the ignore list

Archived