onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robbie coming home?

Walka003

Advert

Truly amazing  and a landmark moment for the club and City, well Stoke City Council would be saying that if it were at their place. Congratulations to Carol and Kevin for managing to achieve something that could never have happened with S'wIte here. Brilliant, brilliant news that will showcase PVFC and may start to unlock the potential of the whole setup. Not too sure how much we can expect  to directly benefit financially,  considering  it's a charity event,  but the spin offs are nerve tingling. Well done the Shannahans and thank you Robbie. UTV. 

This is what happens when the owner isn't a scuttling little insect like the last one.

Can't wait to see him on Hamil Road before the gig selling warm fanta from his car boot.

Wonder what capacity they'll go with. More seats I'd think in the Hamil to have the stage against the Bycars/family stand but the shallow rake would make the view suffer from a full pitch. 

A couple of years ago I did some maintenance work on VP during pre-season when we were in admin and it was required to start the season. I say maintenance work, it was mostly very badly painting yellow edges on the steps in the railway and fcúking dripping it everywhere. I realised then that the council were dead arsy about irrelevant details to even allow a football match to occur in a football stadium, so to get the nod to host a gig must have been a HUGE amount of work over a large period of time, a significant undertaking and effort for the Shanahans. Well done to them for that, it should, even for charity and after costs, be a cheeky little earner for the club. 

14 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Preferential tickets available to those tho have, or will, pre order his new album before 5 December.

Won't they have suffered enough? 

In two minds about this. On one hand, it's a real coup for the Shanahans, testament to their hard work and the improved standing of the club. It should help the reputation of the club, increase finances, assist in the selling of season tickets and merchandise (one-off Vale top?) and provide some much-needed and well-deserved money for local charities and possibly the town at large. On the other hand, Robbie Williams is just such a colossal bell-end.

I will be going. It is fantastic to finally have a gig back at Vale Park of such a major name. Should really help the local businesses although god help any poor sod booking The George. 

I hope our ground is up to holding such a major gig, if it is, what a major vote of confidence in our facilities. 

Fantastic news and will open up a load of new opportunities. Even if all proceeds go to charity (which is great), I imagine we will benefit from the advertising, showcasing the stadium and enhancing our profile.

Also, I’m sure the Robbie Williams suite will now be finished before the concert, which in itself, provides another 150 hospitality seats. 

Only positives from this, great work from all involved. Carol and Kevin are a breath of fresh air and I think this is just the start of fantastic things ahead.

Strap on your seatbelts Valiants, the next decade is going to be a damn sight better than the last one.

UTV.  

47 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Won't they have suffered enough? 

In two minds about this. On one hand, it's a real coup for the Shanahans, testament to their hard work and the improved standing of the club. It should help the reputation of the club, increase finances, assist in the selling of season tickets and merchandise (one-off Vale top?) and provide some much-needed and well-deserved money for local charities and possibly the town at large. On the other hand, Robbie Williams is just such a colossal bell-end.

Don’t forget, this bell-end also gifted his shares to the fans during the v2001 protests. 

Archived