Fosse69

Match Thread: FAC2 Cheltenham T v Port Vale

Just now, tommytunstall said:

All clubs target our Left Back, it has been a few seasons now since we had a decent Left Back, we have to do something in January because it is costing us big time.

Probably the easiest thing opposition scouts have to do.  Already written on their paperwork - Vale have not got a decent LB.  

Hopefully this is going to be sorted in Jan.

Lucky to get to half time only one goal down. Let's hope Arthur can sort it out because despite everything we're still in this. Looks like we should go 442 at some stage - it's tailor-made for Cullen.

• Like 1

Monty being given Cheltenham's first half man of the half award by Ray.  Would be funny if it was not true, but there again, there was probably a few of our players wanting to get that recognition so far.

Hope JA and Co sort this Vale side out and get their heads back into the match.

Another game and another team playing balls inbetween smith and Monty to get their lad in behind. It’s obvious that area is being targeted and opposition are getting a lot of joy out of it. From here The peno looked harsh, seemed like he fell backwards on his arse into their player. Anyone seen a proper replay of it? But overall Monty has been the weak link I think. 

amoo has been bone idle again for another week, his movement and showing for the ball has been non existent. Him and Gibbo have not kind of relationship as a pairing and I think that’s down to Amoos lack of movement. 

At times we’ve struggled to get to grips with their formation of wingbacks and we’ve been overloaded in the middle.  Browne finally came to life at the end of the half and produced something. I think Gibbos been good, just needs some movement in front of him. Legges been steady and Joyce is holding it together, but we need more up front to get something here I think .

• Like 2

Sounds like they've been the better team and had chances to increase their lead which they haven't done. Let's hope they are made to pay for not scoring again (A la Port vale)  and Vale draw level or better.  Sounded like the momentum was turning at the end of the 1st half.

Frustrating that Vale give a silly goal away down their left side again.

Cullen has to come on at some time if we need a goal.

• Like 2

Pope utterly unconvincing. Mouthing off, panting around looking fat and unfit. Like the footballing equivalent of Elvis’ last days.

Monty is getting murdered. However they are playing a lot down that side and he is getting overwhelmed. 

We can still win this but serious tactical changes needed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Would Cullen and Bennett be a good move may be for Pope and Amoo.  The joy of being a manager as they say.

Just as I put this, just seen the man in the pub with "Feed the Pope".  So funny.  Leave the Pope on then lol.

Edited by PVFC764

Pope utterly unconvincing. Mouthing off, panting around looking fat and unfit. Like the footballing equivalent of Elvis’ last days.
Monty is getting murdered. However they are playing a lot down that side and he is getting overwhelmed. 
We can still win this but serious tactical changes needed. 

You were saying !!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I’m glad this didn’t age well! 

• Like 1