Fosse69

Match Thread: FAC2 Cheltenham T v Port Vale

1 hour ago, cheshirevaliant said:

I'd love for Taylor to stay at the Vale but I think he can and will do better than us in January. Fingers crossed Oyeleke can give us half a season without breaking down...

The grass isn't always greener as others before have found out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheshirevaliant said:

I'd love for Taylor to stay at the Vale but I think he can and will do better than us in January. Fingers crossed Oyeleke can give us half a season without breaking down...

You might be right.

As with others though, it's a fine judgement.

Consolidate progress with another half season at Vale or take a step up, knowing that it might not work out.

Given most of these young lads experiences, consolidation is too often the path not taken, with corresponding regret.

It is a path that can easily get lost in the rush to the top and is vastly underused in our hurried world.

Imo, and from a totally objective stance 🙂, he should stay.

Just watched the Super Vale Away video and the bit I loved the most was how genuinely pleased Benno looked for Popey when he scored his third!

It looks like there is a genuine and true team spirit in the squad!

Absolutely brilliant! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

I think it is noticeable from the highlights that Jake Taylor is assisting in the first two goals and we need to try hard to keep him after January.He has improved into a strong reliable player and filled the void left by Manny.

I agree EMR and have posted the same, hopefully because Vale has gone well for him and he's regularly playing 1st team football, the closeness of Burslem to his home and to Nottingham plus he's probably good friends with Adam Crookes and Sprowy will be pulling for Vale will help sway him to stay at Vale Park. As we saw with Alex Jones, the grass isn't always greener.

To me Jake Taylor looks an outstanding prospect who will play most of his career in the top two leagues, arguably he's been Vales best forward this season. I can't imagine Forest would let him go next June but if they did would be great to see him at Vale.....

10 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

I can't imagine Forest would let him go next June but if they did would be great to see him at Vale.....

The Nottingham local paper mentioned a week or so ago that they think Taylor is unlikely to be offered a new contract by Forest in the Summer, as he hasn't broken through there.

7 hours ago, cheshirevaliant said:

The thing is he is popular with the fans and enjoying playing every week which if if he moves up ti Div 1 he is back to square one having to prove himself again.

Well done Carroll for sorting a car out for him when his was broken into.

Its the little things that make people feel appreciated.

He actually seems to be a sensible lad judging by his comments so far.

Bet Mitch Clark is kicking himself for going to Leicester U23 and fading into oblivion instead of signing for us.

Strange one that Tyler Walker who seemed to be going places has moved from Mansfield to Lincoln and seems no closer to the Forest first team.

It would be wise for Taylor to stay at the Vale, he isn’t a division 1 player yet and he needs first team football to get to that level.

36 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

The Nottingham local paper mentioned a week or so ago that they think Taylor is unlikely to be offered a new contract by Forest in the Summer, as he hasn't broken through there.

I believe Crookes said he is under contract for next season anyway.

Will Jake even want to go now with a chance of getting himself showcased at the Etihad? OK Forest would have to give permission but given their cup draw they can afford to have him cup tied.

Edit - he is already isn't he? 😊

Edited by Heatwave
Appalling memory