Fosse69

Match Thread: FAC2 Cheltenham T v Port Vale

Start a new run at Cheltenham? The response will be a sign of our improving character, stretched by the absence through the suspension of  Worrall. However cup football is different, at stake  is 54k and a shot at a big club money spinner. Hopefully Pope will rise to the occasion to make amends to us all for his antics. A testing time for the team but football is a roller coaster. Hopefully we will come away with at least a draw,

Edit : Joyce is likely to be available so original statement amended.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jacob_123 said:

Think Joyce is suspended for the next league game isn’t he?

Seems to be confusion on the new suspension rules, I followed the Sentinel line .You maybe right.

9 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I’m pretty sure yellow cards are competition specific so Joyce will miss Walsall not the cup game. 

Thanks, I have amended the thread.

I think making it full price is a mistake. Alot of people I know were going go but with it being 21 quid wont bother now so probably gone from taking say 800 there to around 300 now. 

Shame worrall is suspended as that means lazy amoo will keep his place for at least the next 3 games when his performances dont deserve it. 

Sounds like a game for a few changes to refresh players. Be surprised if Bennett starts with Pope or Cullen leading the line and good that we have viable options. Probably the same with Amoo who perhaps needs dropping to show he needs to work harder to guarantee a start. Frustrating player who on his day is as good as anyone in this division in his position, but he is with us because he doesnt have days like that often enough. Find it strange that he has the ability but chooses not always to put the effort in and use it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

Sounds like a game for a few changes to refresh players. Be surprised if Bennett starts with Pope or Cullen leading the line and good that we have viable options. Probably the same with Amoo who perhaps needs dropping to show he needs to work harder to guarantee a start. Frustrating player who on his day is as good as anyone in this division in his position, but he is with us because he doesnt have days like that often enough. Find it strange that he has the ability but chooses not always to put the effort in and use it. 

That's why he's in League Two 

• Like 1

Just noticed that Cheltenham play at Grimsby on Tuesday, so  a chance to look  them over, maybe a tiring game for them as we prepare game free?

Could go either way, they might lose players due to injury or have chance to get some fitness into players coming back. Lose at Grimsby and it is a long journey home but a win would boost their confidence. 

20 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Cambridge fans said pretty much the same when he left them for us.

• Like 1

Shame worrall is suspended as that means lazy amoo will keep his place for at least the next 3 games when his performances dont deserve it. 

Sunshine player, you’ll only see him in August, September and April. The months in between, forget it, too cold and too wet.

Amoo is not lazy he's inconsistent as are the majority of out and out wingers, it's frustrating but the nature of that type of player.

Inconsistency is the reason Alf Ramsey chose to play without wingers despite having very good ones in his WC Winning squad, the 1966 team were known as the "Wingless Wonders". Playing without wingers was a novel concept back in those days.

Without doubt the biggest game of the season .

Team well apart from Legge Smith and Brown Taylor no one else covered themselves in glory v Scunthorpe .

So we need be at it all game sat in order to get anything from the game and be in that oh so important draw financially to start the repayment of our popular owners and give Vale as a whole a mouth watering clash v the money clubs .

My team 

Brown Gibbons Montano Smith Brisley Legge Atkinson Joyce Burgess Pope Cullen 

its a 5-3 2 when defending and a 3-5 -2 when attacking .

Over the years this competition has been poor to us and we generally have not done enough get in the hat well I hope this sat it changes more so for our owners and less so for anyone else .

UTV 

Without doubt the biggest game of the season .
Team well apart from Legge Smith and Brown Taylor no one else covered themselves in glory v Scunthorpe .
So we need be at it all game sat in order to get anything from the game and be in that oh so important draw financially to start the repayment of our popular owners and give Vale as a whole a mouth watering clash v the money clubs .
My team 
      Brown Gibbons Montano Smith Brisley Legge Atkinson Joyce Burgess Pope Cullen 
its a 5-3 2 when defending and a 3-5 -2 when attacking .
Over the years this competition has been poor to us and we generally have not done enough get in the hat well I hope this sat it changes more so for our owners and less so for anyone else .
UTV 

We’ve lost a game it’s important not to panic and tear it up like this predicted team.

3 hours ago, Jacob_123 said:

We’ve lost a game it’s important not to panic and tear it up like this predicted team.

Who’s panicking I ain’t in fact I missed Taylor out ,so swap him for Burgess or Atkinson .

We cannot and must not be giving the opposition a leg up with what happened on sat as around the time Vale scored which I saw on a bus to Westbury park I thought well these the opposition are not much good but we managed in the time I got home to completely change the course of the game to the detriment of the final score .

What I found  disturbing was that Askey didnt change anything to stop the flow and what I saw was a second half of nothingness from us .

Well at Cheltenham for us to progress or at the worst bring them back to Vale park we need find a solution or else there manager is going to do exactly as the Scunthorpe manager canningly did .

Who’s panicking I ain’t in fact I missed Taylor out ,so swap him for Burgess or Atkinson .
We cannot and must not be giving the opposition a leg up with what happened on sat as around the time Vale scored which I saw on a bus to Westbury park I thought well these the opposition are not much good but we managed in the time I got home to completely change the course of the game to the detriment of the final score .
What I found  disturbing was that Askey didnt change anything to stop the flow and what I saw was a second half of nothingness from us .
Well at Cheltenham for us to progress or at the worst bring them back to Vale park we need find a solution or else there manager is going to do exactly as the Scunthorpe manager canningly did .

He didn’t change anything? I think you’d find he bought a second striker on as soon as we conceded the second. So you’re going to focus on one bad game rather than the very good run we’ve been on? We have league 2 players so game’s like Saturday will happen and you’re just silly if you expect us not to have hiccups along the way!