onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC2 Cheltenham T v Port Vale

Fosse69

Amoo is not lazy he's inconsistent as are the majority of out and out wingers, it's frustrating but the nature of that type of player.

Inconsistency is the reason Alf Ramsey chose to play without wingers despite having very good ones in his WC Winning squad, the 1966 team were known as the "Wingless Wonders". Playing without wingers was a novel concept back in those days.

Advert

Without doubt the biggest game of the season .
Team well apart from Legge Smith and Brown Taylor no one else covered themselves in glory v Scunthorpe .
So we need be at it all game sat in order to get anything from the game and be in that oh so important draw financially to start the repayment of our popular owners and give Vale as a whole a mouth watering clash v the money clubs .
My team 
      Brown Gibbons Montano Smith Brisley Legge Atkinson Joyce Burgess Pope Cullen 
its a 5-3 2 when defending and a 3-5 -2 when attacking .
Over the years this competition has been poor to us and we generally have not done enough get in the hat well I hope this sat it changes more so for our owners and less so for anyone else .
UTV 

We’ve lost a game it’s important not to panic and tear it up like this predicted team.

Who’s panicking I ain’t in fact I missed Taylor out ,so swap him for Burgess or Atkinson .
We cannot and must not be giving the opposition a leg up with what happened on sat as around the time Vale scored which I saw on a bus to Westbury park I thought well these the opposition are not much good but we managed in the time I got home to completely change the course of the game to the detriment of the final score .
What I found  disturbing was that Askey didnt change anything to stop the flow and what I saw was a second half of nothingness from us .
Well at Cheltenham for us to progress or at the worst bring them back to Vale park we need find a solution or else there manager is going to do exactly as the Scunthorpe manager canningly did .

He didn’t change anything? I think you’d find he bought a second striker on as soon as we conceded the second. So you’re going to focus on one bad game rather than the very good run we’ve been on? We have league 2 players so game’s like Saturday will happen and you’re just silly if you expect us not to have hiccups along the way!

2 hours ago, Jacob_123 said:

He didn’t change anything? I think you’d find he bought a second striker on as soon as we conceded the second. So you’re going to focus on one bad game rather than the very good run we’ve been on? We have league 2 players so game’s like Saturday will happen and you’re just silly if you expect us not to have hiccups along the way!

You will never convince VFIA he is wrong - he has set the bar so low any comments you make go way above his head - I think the key indicator is that he refers to himself as being "In Alsager", which leads me to believe he in living under the pollution cloud generated by the nearby Railway Children. Just because they use an ST post code in Alsager doesn't mean they are blessed to be in Stoke on Trent it just goes to Show that their aspiration are to be seen as higher class.

19 minutes ago, Smugsy said:

Referee for Saturday is Ross Joyce who took charge of two of our best wins of the season so far, home to Forest Green and away to Crewe. It's a sign!!

I think Yootha Joyce would of done a better job than 90% of the clowns we have had this term. 

On 26/11/2019 at 12:01, Howjy04 said:

My team for Cheltenham    

Mill House

See You Then  Arkle  Best Mate  Desert Orchid

Sprinter Sacre  Badsworth Boy Altior

Sea Pigeon Istabraq  Monksfield

A few racing certainties there Howjy....I'm sure they'd jockey for position and clear a few hurdles for the team......I'll get me coat!

On 25/11/2019 at 17:40, Paul6754 said:

Amoo is not lazy he's inconsistent as are the majority of out and out wingers, it's frustrating but the nature of that type of player.

Inconsistency is the reason Alf Ramsey chose to play without wingers despite having very good ones in his WC Winning squad, the 1966 team were known as the "Wingless Wonders". Playing without wingers was a novel concept back in those days.

Amoo must play he will be really up for this and will get stick from the home fans.Pope and Cullen to start with Worrall suspended.

On 26/11/2019 at 15:13, Vale fan in Alsager said:

I no longer live in Alsager ,I live in Westbury Park and have no idea how change it so kept it as it is .

He does make a good point about rash changing of the team and I hope the 11 which he and Askey chooses are the right ones .

I will listen to reason but by playing 5 at the back it allows Gibbons and Montano license to do what they do best go forwards and try and influence the game .

Pope and Cullen makes sense as Bennett’s not at it and we cannot afford on Saturday to be carrying players so Amoo and him are dropped for me but hope if chosen I’m lauding the decision to play them and I will be wrong which will delight me .

I would also start this one with Pope and Cullen. Bringing Bennett and Amoo on in the second half as fresh legs is a good option.

On 26/11/2019 at 15:13, Vale fan in Alsager said:

I no longer live in Alsager ,I live in Westbury Park and have no idea how change it so kept it as it is .

He does make a good point about rash changing of the team and I hope the 11 which he and Askey chooses are the right ones .

I will listen to reason but by playing 5 at the back it allows Gibbons and Montano license to do what they do best go forwards and try and influence the game .

Pope and Cullen makes sense as Bennett’s not at it and we cannot afford on Saturday to be carrying players so Amoo and him are dropped for me but hope if chosen I’m lauding the decision to play them and I will be wrong which will delight me .

Why drop Taylor?????

On 27/11/2019 at 17:04, Erniemossrules said:

Amoo must play he will be really up for this and will get stick from the home fans.Pope and Cullen to start with Worrall suspended.

Have i missed something Ernie ?

Why will Amoo get loads of stick from the Cheltenham fans ? 

Archived