onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope suspension

Doha

26 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

'We are not a charity'

What an inappropriate statement. Bringing down admission prices to reasonable levels which most of the local demographic can afford not just the select few doesn't mean the club is a 'charity'.

With snobbish attitudes like yours no wonder many people are turned off  from coming to watch a match. Who are you? A spokewoman for the club? Get real

Get lost.  Most of the local demographic can afford more at Stoke.  Look at their match day prices.

Advert

22 minutes ago, toyahw said:

If you made admission free I doubt many more than 5000 home fans would turn up. And then you've ripped off season ticket holders who've already paid, and lost out on walk ups. 

We could possibly increase that number if......

We had a selection of toilets and sinks to attract stoke fans....

Play an old Al Jolson song at half time may bring in some Crewe fans, it's a bit before my time but goes something like this, not sure of the words.

Climb upon my knee sonny boy

Though your only 3 sonny boy

You've  now way of knowing

I've got something growing

Or something like that, 1928ish I think.

Love Tom for what he has done for all things Port Vale - mainly on the pitch.

But I love Port Vale more, and I'm sick to the back teeth watching others - pretend football owners etc., crapping on us, bringing down the good name of PVFC, and almost sending us into oblivion.

Memo Tom: Carol & Kevin need all of us pulling in the same direction. Give Twitter a rest, send more articles to the Sentinel.

I agree we are not a charity it is a business. I’d like to see K&C get their money back plus more. I’m aware like most that the ground was falling down and lots of necessary work needed to be done that’s come as an additional cost and the repairs are running at considerably north of £100k and that’s for just one job. 

We need to stabilise the club first which means financial support from fans and investors. Progression in both these areas will be slow initially but I believe that we are heading in the right direction.

I’m not a snob just a kid born in a council house in the Peoples Republic of Bentilee. The prices are what they should be and a true fan if they can’t afford to go every game would go one in two or even one in three. I don’t know what the price of admission is for juveniles, but I’d like to see more juveniles at home games, for the longevity of the club. I’ve mentioned this before and I’m sure that K&C would do whatever they can to help young ppl. I’ve also mentioned targeting the Swindon home game with a family ticket deal that has to be purchased before Christmas. I’m sure that they take a look at different methods of getting ppl to come to games.

K&C are successful business ppl in their own right, they are always doing charitable work for the fiscally challenged, so no entrance to PVFC should not be cheaper. We are virtually living hand to mouth as can be seen from the fact that we have to win Lease.com games to get £10k. How far do you think that goes when you’ve opened the ground, put the floodlights on and paid all employees, turnstile operators, stewards.

They are clearing up a mess that’s gone on for sometime, leave them alone. It’s all about the bigger picture which we are not fully aware of and don’t need to be, K&C are the custodians if my beloved club b and I trust them implicitly. I’m sure if they didn’t think that they could do this they’d sell it, but who would buy it.? Answer, no one.

From an investors point of view without been big boring or talking about another thread, TP hasn’t helped the cause. Carol said any fines go into the kitty for a Christmas do, so TO will be making sure it’s a good one. Investors quite rightly do their due diligence and don’t associate themselves with anything that causes collateral damage to their organisations, classic case is the Royal family at the moment.

Sorry for the rant

On 23/11/2019 at 19:46, Jacko51 said:

I will never underestimate what Tom Pope has done and is still doing for us on the pitch. He would be loved more than ever though if he stopped being a twit on Twitter and undermining the Shanahans’ attempt to make this a family club. He has been warned a number of times by a number of people and really needs to learn his lesson. 

I totally agree with you Jean he need a quiet word from someone within the Club and I'm sure that he will mind his P's & Q's in the future. What we don't need is so many on here making this an excuse to crucify the man.

For me Saturday highlighted once again just how much we need him in the team

On 23/11/2019 at 22:49, whotobeakiller said:

'We are not a charity'

What an inappropriate statement. Bringing down admission prices to reasonable levels which most of the local demographic can afford not just the select few doesn't mean the club is a 'charity'.

With snobbish attitudes like yours no wonder many people are turned off  from coming to watch a match. Who are you? A spokewoman for the club? Get real

Get real. That is a bit rich from you. What world are you in?

4 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Football prices, even at £10 a ticket for 4th division stuff isn’t an act of charity. That’s still a lot of money. £5 and lower wages for over payed 4th division players in many cases would be better. 

What calibre of player would vale attract if they offered only 25% of other clubs wage offer?

If you can't afford it don't buy it.

3 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

If everyone offered it, then they would be compelled to work with lower wages. 

You are never compelled to accept an offer...... not everyone would offer it or stick to it..... if you want a player who is under contract why would he move?

Archived