Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Iron Curtain

J Askey Again

Recommended Posts

Listened to the new talk of the vale podcast this morning with Joyce Worrall Bennett And Taylor. Some of really interesting comments from Joyce and Worral about the regime under askey v aspin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Listened to the new talk of the vale podcast this morning with Joyce Worrall Bennett And Taylor. Some of really interesting comments from Joyce and Worral about the regime under askey v aspin.
Yeah, very eye opening. Especially how close both Joyce and Worrall came to leaving.

Imagine where we would be this season without them!
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It’s mostly the same players who were there when he arrived.
Maybe we should thank Aspin for leaving him the players he has inherited.
Most of his signings are on the bench or not in the squad.
Wait until the end of the season before you crown him the Macc Messiah.
You really are a Very sore loser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Aspin was here we were saying we couldn't understand why, the players he had brought in being so much better than those before, we weren't winning more games. Now I think the answer is there for all to see - Askey got rid of the dead weights and his tactics benefit those remaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The French Connection said:
On 16/11/2019 at 23:24, Erniemossrules said:
It’s mostly the same players who were there when he arrived.
Maybe we should thank Aspin for leaving him the players he has inherited.
Most of his signings are on the bench or not in the squad.
Wait until the end of the season before you crown him the Macc Messiah.

You really are a Very sore loser.

We really do have some funny ones on here don't we. It is almost like they want Port Vale to fail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 20/11/2019 at 22:31, toyahw said:

Time to move on. Aspo signed Brown without whom we'd be in the conference. Askey is doing a good job as his own man. All good. Credit to both for me. Aspo for working under whosit and staving off disaster. Askey for moving us on.

Having listened to the Carpool podcast I dont think Aspin did himself any favours whilst he was at the club,he wanted Worrall and Joyce out of the club and Worrall nearly went last January.

Worrall talks about the atmosphere at the club then and now and how he hated the training and general atmosphere,he says the difference now is markable,more professional attitude to games and training and a better environment to go to work in. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The podcast with Joyce, Worrall, Bennett, and Taylor really exposes how much they rate Askey, especially the experienced lads.

High standards, everything planned out, enjoyable training, a dressing room that organises itself due to the quality of the characters being brought in.

Very pleasing to here. Seems a genuine level of respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Joe B said:

The podcast with Joyce, Worrall, Bennett, and Taylor really exposes how much they rate Askey, especially the experienced lads.

High standards, everything planned out, enjoyable training, a dressing room that organises itself due to the quality of the characters being brought in.

Very pleasing to here. Seems a genuine level of respect.

Helps to keep and attract players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mbycars said:

No one is interested in your purile comments. I think its time everone put you on their ignore list.

already done after the first post of his I saw.  Anyone who who tries to "speak" with him needs to think seriously about they are doing !  If you met him at the match and he spoke like he does would you carry on the conversation. Personally I would either <ovf censored> him, or walk away depending if coppers or stewards were in eyeshot. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/11/2019 at 20:33, pensioner said:

already done after the first post of his I saw.  Anyone who who tries to "speak" with him needs to think seriously about they are doing !  If you met him at the match and he spoke like he does would you carry on the conversation. Personally I would either <ovf censored> him, or walk away depending if coppers or stewards were in eyeshot. 

You are more likely to see him dodging taxis on Hamil Road lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 losses in 14

3rd Round of the cup

4 wins out of 5 away from home

Unbeaten at home

Well done JA, built a squad that could handle the injuries we have had to contend with. Given us a style and identity and united the squad!

UTV

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

2 losses in 14

3rd Round of the cup

4 wins out of 5 away from home

Unbeaten at home

Well done JA, built a squad that could handle the injuries we have had to contend with. Given us a style and identity and united the squad!

UTV

 

 

Every player on the bench today would have been a starter last season if they'd been here.

That's how much stronger we are.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/11/2019 at 22:33, SFBT said:

Every player on the bench today would have been a starter last season if they'd been here.

That's how much stronger we are.

The squad now to the one we had last season and previous seasons is like chalk and cheese. Our best 11 is play-off material and we also have a strong bench with everyone fit, arguably the strongest bench we've had for a lot of years! 

Brown

Gibbons

Legge

Smith

Montano

Joyce

Oyeleke

Taylor

Worrall

Amoo

Pope

Subs:

Maddison

Atkinson

Conlon

Burgess

Browne

Bennett

Cullen

Askey has done a terrific job so far and long may it continue. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Please don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy