onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

J Askey Again

Iron Curtain

The last “ thoughts on JA” thread had some interesting comments...

@Playa Amodores was confused by his decisions

@Doha WINCED when C&K gave him a 3 year contract

@MelbourneValiant with my favourite comment that he is “Tactically clueless”

Oh and @Biddulph Vale how are we compared to last year? “Not seeing the improvement” was I think your comment! 

1 loss in 12

2 points off the automatic promotion places

Rated top 6 in the country for form BEFORE today’s win 

Any of you willing to Be the bigger man and admit you were wrong!?!?!?!

Well done JA and team... keep up the bad decisions, and the clueless tactics, and the terrible substitutions and keep the improvement going over your three year contract!!

UTV!!!!

Advert

7 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

The last “ thoughts on JA” thread had some interesting comments...

@Playa Amodores was confused by his decisions

@Doha WINCED when C&K gave him a 3 year contract

@MelbourneValiant with my favourite comment that he is “Tactically clueless”

Oh and @Biddulph Vale how are we compared to last year? “Not seeing the improvement” was I think your comment! 

1 loss in 12

2 points off the automatic promotion places

Rated top 6 in the country for form BEFORE today’s win 

Any of you willing to Be the bigger man and admit you were wrong!?!?!?!

Well done JA and team... keep up the bad decisions, and the clueless tactics, and the terrible substitutions and keep the improvement going over your three year contract!!

UTV!!!!

That was when he was making late substitutions, things have changed. Good to see Cullen come back into the fold. The tempo has also improved and they’re playing a lot better. Even after going a goal behind today they were creating chances and you knew that Vale would score at least one goal. We are now making the same substitution every game so we need to ask the questions, 

1. Why is it the same substitution.?

2. Should the starting 11 be changed.?

7 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

That was when he was making late substitutions, things have changed. Good to see Cullen come back into the fold. The tempo has also improved and they’re playing a lot better. Even after going a goal behind today they were creating chances and you knew that Vale would score at least one goal. We are now making the same substitution every game so we need to ask the questions, 

In answer to question 1. 

Probably because we still have the same players to choose from.

I love this thread IC but you know when the run eventually comes to an end it'll be because JA doesn't know what he's doing; makes the wrong subs and too late; made rubbish signings; has not made any progress; should never have signed Lloyd; has no experience; etc. etc.

Important we enjoy looking up the league instead of down for a while and accept that proper, sustainable growth happens over time.   Accept it and enjoy having our own people running the club in all departments.  How many clubs can say that these days?

3 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

1. It's a plan and it's working.

2. Maybe, maybe not. Why fix it if it isn't broken?

1 hour ago, SFBT said:

I think JA knows how to build teams.

It’s mostly the same players who were there when he arrived.

Maybe we should thank Aspin for leaving him the players he has inherited.

Most of his signings are on the bench or not in the squad.

Wait until the end of the season before you crown him the Macc Messiah.

I find myself in a weird position on this. Aspin's recruitment was good. He kept us up. Arthur is doing a good job. Respect to both for me. Aspo was working under he who shall not be named. But all good at the moment.

And Askey is doing a good job. And we have at last a club we can enjoy again.

4 hours ago, toyahw said:

I find myself in a weird position on this. Aspin's recruitment was good. He kept us up. Arthur is doing a good job. Respect to both for me. Aspo was working under he who shall not be named. But all good at the moment.

And Askey is doing a good job. And we have at last a club we can enjoy again.

Totally agree.

The spine of the team is Aspos recruitment, which probably used up most of his budget.

Askey has built on this foundation by injecting pace, width and a range of striking options. Oh, and Dave Worrall!

Joyce is flourishing because of the movement around him.

In fact, the team is now greater than the sum of its parts. It's impossible to separate them out, as all are reliant on each other. Which is how it should be.

Which is why I think Askey's talent is in team building. It's there for all to see.

Iron Curtain-It has started to work recently - 30 odd games into his tenure. I hope he can keep proving me wrong from here. Personally I like two strikers to have 40 goals between them. 3 'up front' will not provide this. We are having a purple patch, we have beaten Carlisle, a poor MK Dons, a false position Crewe, we dug deep at Bradford. All of these are great performances from what I have seen/read but I will be realistic before I start to dream of promotion.  I will take those results but we have to remember how bad we have been against, Oldham, Macc etc. These are still fresh in the memory.

Throwing Pope and Cullen yesterday (which is what most fans wanted) doesn't turn Askey into Bill Shankley. We appear to be heading in the right direction which is brilliant and I hope it continues.

Askey has built a squad who work very hard for each other. He has also brought in several options up front that can change a game if required. Individually no one is outstanding but as a team they mostly work hard for one another. To me that is the basis for a decent side in L2.

I haven't seen any teams in this league who are better as a team than we are. There are players that are better than we have but collectively we are as good as anyone in the top 7.

Archived