onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adam Crookes

raywalkersbananakick

Advert

He is a young developing defender who will continue to improve.

Monty is playing well and Crookes will hopefully take this as a learning and developing opportunity.

He needs the support of the fans and their patience in allowing him to develop.

No doubt at all that he will be back in the team at some point as it’s a long season... fortunately Askey has build a squad rather than a team!

Not a bad player at all, got crucified by some fans earlier on in the season for a few of his performances, which I didn't really think was deserved. Every defence needs a decent midfield in front of them to take the pressure off sometimes, & we have been caught slightly lightweight there from time to time.

Midfield is recently much more solid though, which gives Monty a lot more opportunity to get forward from the back. No doubt he will struggle at times with injury so we will definitely still need Crookes.

LB has been a problem position for us for a while. I personally prefer Monty, but we should definitely be looking for more solid in the summer with him maybe as 2nd choice.

Crookes is a decent defender and is very much a confidence player, he's young and has time to improve particularly when going forward. Crookes and Worrall on the same flank may be a decent option

Monty is a tad too unpredictable at left back for me but he can there when needed.

Conlon at Left Back might be another option.

28 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Never rated Crookes to be honest. My hearts in my mouth every time he gets the ball. 

Really. I think one of his strengths is his composure on the ball. You can tell he’s come through a championship academy. The problem for me is his positioning and the stuff he doesn’t do that a natural full back would do.

Lloyd or Conlon at left back? Bonkers. 

38 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Never rated Crookes to be honest. My hearts in my mouth every time he gets the ball. 

I think that's a bit harsh. He's competent on the ball, but his crossing in the box is not to the level we require currently. It's something he needs to work on.

We're a better team (In my opinion) with Monty at LB. I was a big fan a couple of years back when Aspo had him playing there. It suited him playing deeper and coming on to the ball earlier than if he was in left-mid. He will at some point during the game have pinned the oppositions right-midfielder back and stopped them being effective. He may get beat like he did for Carlisle's goal the other day, but Crookes also has a mistake in his locker.

I remember when we signed Crookes that he was supposed to be a left-back/left-mid wasn't he? Is he that or a centre-back? I'm honest in thinking I don't know his best position. There's a player in there somewhere.

53 minutes ago, stupers said:

I remember when we signed Crookes that he was supposed to be a left-back/left-mid wasn't he? Is he that or a centre-back? I'm honest in thinking I don't know his best position. There's a player in there somewhere.

"a left-sided defender equally comfortable playing left-sided centre back or at left back [who] can also play as a defensive midfielder if required" is what we were told.

Archived