onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

If everyone’s fit then it’s just the lone striker who’s the question mark for me. It wouldn’t surprise me to see the same starting 11 if they’ll all fit though, but if so Bennet really needs to start making more of an impact as Cullen is certainly making a case to take his place with his goals.

13 hours ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

We took 600 odd to Orient so I'd say 750 ought to be achieveable as an away following with the run we've had. Also with it being 50+ miles less.  Appreciate people have xmas coming up as well.

Always comes across as a place we don't travel well to as per Swindon.

I'm driving up but Orient for example is an easy train journey and people like a London away day . Scunthorpe is 35 quid on train and not really appealing. 

I think 450 would be a decent enough following. 

46 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

League positions can be deceptive at this stage, a relegated team finding their feet, it took us a while too. Could well have been a 6 pointer when the final count is made in May.  But still go for it Vale, show them we are good enough.

Certainly took us a while.

We're just about finding them now 🙂

Surely the best thing about the Pope/Bennett/Cullen debate is that we have three strikers pushing for a start and all among the goals. What a turnaround from last season and full credit to the manager who brought two of them in during the summer. In a funny way... long may two of the strikers be frustrated and pushing hard for a start...

I personally agree with Joe B and I think Bennett offers the most options in a front three and I also think goals will come for him (although five goals in 20 appearances ain't a bad tally!)

I'm expecting a very tough game on Saturday. Anybody who looks at the table and looks at their league position and automatically thinks we should be winning is wrong. Scunny have picked up lately after a poor start, they have very good home form. However, Vale shouldn't worry about any side or fear any side anyone on current form. Hopefully with 500/600 Valiants roaring the side on, we can carry on our fantastic away form. I'm going to be optimistic and go for a 2-1 Vale win, with Cullen and Taylor scoring.

I would make one change from the Carlisle game. Cullen in for Bennett, you just can't ignore Cullen's form. He's a natural poacher. I'm praying Wozzer will be fit because he's the main player in the side.

I'd go with: Brown, Gibbo, Legge, Smith, Monty, Joyce, Burgess, Taylor, Amoo, Worrall, Cullen.

Bench: Maddison, Evans, Brisley, Conlon/ Atkinson, Browne, Bennett, Pope   

On 18/11/2019 at 12:43, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Well there should be a bouncy atmosphere all around the club after what is it 1defeat in 11 and 4 wins on the trot .

A team what is potentially a top 7 side come end of the season but no reason fear them as our confidence from winning should be giving the players enormous confidence .

i think Askey will go with same 11 and for 45 mins on sat I can see why as these are the players who have earn the right wear the shirts then when Bennett’s ran himselfand worked himself into the ground Popey comes on and gives there defenders a different poser deal with then Cullen comes on and goes in the spaces Popey creates and nets .

If Worrall doesn’t make it I’d possibly move Taylor to left half and bring Conlon into the centre so to keep the shape .

Thought Amoo was decent first half sat but faded after the break so I’d be tempted bring on a replacement for him after a hr.

Big two away games coming up as they all are .

Hope Cheltenham beat  Swindon in cup as we need to block the goal up versus either of them and get in that draw and at least bring them back to Vale park but first things first a away day v Scunthorpe let’s get something there UTV 

Good post. 

Don’t fancy us if I’m being honest. It’s a place I can’t ever remember us winning at, bit of a Swindon feel about it.

I’m not hopeful of Worrall being fit and that does affect the balance of the team, and I’m not entirely sure who I’d replace him with, like for like. Maybe Atkinson?

The alternative is to go 3-5-2 with Brisley and Cullen coming in for Worrall and Amoo but has we’ve never played that system and I’ve no idea how Scummy line up it’d be a big gamble.

Don’t fancy us if I’m being honest. It’s a place I can’t ever remember us winning at, bit of a Swindon feel about it.
I’m not hopeful of Worrall being fit and that does affect the balance of the team, and I’m not entirely sure who I’d replace him with, like for like. Maybe Atkinson?
The alternative is to go 3-5-2 with Brisley and Cullen coming in for Worrall and Amoo but has we’ve never played that system and I’ve no idea how Scummy line up it’d be a big gamble.
Certainly a glass half full kind of guy ain't you ;-) :-)

58 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Not sure if you’ve got mixed up, but Atkinson for Worrall is certainly not like for like 😄

I think the obvious choice should Wozza not make it, is Browne. (However, I’m pretty sure Worrall will start)

In terms of the squad, I do think there is scope to bring another winger in during January now that Monty is being deployed at LB. 

A quality winger (maybe on loan from a Championship team) could make a crucial difference in the run in. 

As for Saturday, I’m in two minds whether I would start Cullen for Bennett. Don’t think we have seen Cullen start as a lone striker, so would be a bit of a gamble. 

If push came to shove, I’d probably start Bennett and hope he rediscovers his goal scoring touch.

UTV. 

Archived