onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

10 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

Sorry pal you have got your wires crossed as usual.

Check my posts I have never called Askey Arthur but have accused him of wasting the budget on signing Lloyd and Kennedy when if he had waited (who else would have signed them?) he could have signed better players capable of playing in the first team.

I swear the list of players on the ‘wasted budget’ list keeps getting smaller. We are down to two now. Good signs. 

Advert

8 hours ago, toyahw said:

Monty, for all his faults, is way better than Crookes. He was off his game today though. That's Monty for you. Love him. x

They are different players and maturity. Crookes is a centre half finding a position at left back. Monty is a winger finding a position at left back. I think Monty has shown he can tackle and challenge in the air. In other words he has overcome my concern that he was flaky, getting taken off and injured a lot. But I think Crookes has a chance to turn out to be a good player for us. If I was him I would look to be the eventual replacement for Legge when he starts to age. 

Shout out to Joyce as well who is playing fantastically and has done for a while,some of the balls he was spraying around yesterday were sublime...

Regarding singled out players,owd foghorn who sits near me in the paddock seems to have gone onto Bennett now,every game he bellows you are 6'5 get your feet off the ground,you are a waste of space blah blah,last season it was Joyce,he does it every game but says jack <ovf censored> when they do something good,i just don't get what it achieves,they must have such a sad life and just want to get noticed...

41 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Some really interesting discussions on the return journey with Class Personified!
Player ratings were so difficult because of the recognition of the team ethos that is developing.
All playing well because of the presence and contributions of their team mates.
Smith is doing well because of Legge, Joyce because of Taylor, Burgess, Gibbons and Monty.
Worrall quieter in the first half because Monty was recovering from his error.
There were lovely triangles all over the pitch of players working together.
Burgess and Taylor are skilful, comfortable on the ball, very mobile.
Joyce is available and knits it all together.
Bennett wears them down. Pope scares them. Cullen gets space and scores.
Monty provides balance and is much better than Crookes.
Gibbons was my mom. He got forward throughout in spite of being up against two very difficult wingers.

The thing I most took from the game is that Gibbons has improved significantly. He makes crucial tackles and is now very reliable on the ball. Some of that comes from the team being drilled and coached well. He does not have to force difficult passes because they are running to and standing in the right places. Watching Liverpool play, the few times I go per season, there are a couple of things that always absolutely stand out. The first is shape and drill even when out of possession. The second is first touch - unbelievable ball fired in to each other. That makes them able to play at speed. I think Vale have improved at that as well and it enables the ball to be moved quicker before the opposing defenders can mark or get back into shape. 

Shout out to Joyce as well who is playing fantastically and has done for a while,some of the balls he was spraying around yesterday were sublime...

Regarding singled out players,owd foghorn who sits near me in the paddock seems to have gone onto Bennett now,every game he bellows you are 6'5 get your feet off the ground,you are a waste of space blah blah,last season it was Joyce,he does it every game but says jack when they do something good,i just don't get what it achieves,they must have such a sad life and just want to get noticed...

Is that in the paddock around row R seat 150? Approx

Great gutsy effort when it seemed that nothing would drop for us.

Yet another horrific ref AND linesman display ( Lorne street end ) . 

This squad is light years ahead of what has gone before. To the Lloyd and Kennedy hater , give it a rest for once. As ToyahW said given the injuries Monty picks up Lloyd could fill in if he was needed. 

Only on here could things be dragged down by negative comments. 

Manny out virtually all season, Conlon since Sept 14th. Pope barely starting a game. We'd of expected to be 20th with those people missing. Players have slotted in with ease and the likes of Burgess does not look out of place. 

Askey has done an amazing job so far , going to Notts County last season I genuinely thought if we lost the game we were a gonner. Should of won but then beat Mansfield and went on a nice run. His recruitment on a lower budget has proved to be shrewd. 

99% on here are all pulling in the same direction but the berating of players whether it's Bennett , Lloyd or whoever is doing my head in. 

We couldn't afford Eoin Doyle or Nicky Maynard but we are doing very nicely thanks very much.

Get behind the whole club and stop writing garbage on here 

13 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Only “starting” to enjoy watching Vale again? 😳

Haha, Yes.

I don't get to every game, so spend time reading others perceptions and have picked up on the positivity.

So I'm a bit behind those who go to most games.

Yesterday was the best performance I've seen this season and because of the more positive atmosphere and the way we were playing, I wasn't concerned that we were one down. Even if we'd lost, I'd have taken alot of positives from the game.

It's becoming a good place to be.

7 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Just a quick mention for the player who I thought was MOTM today and hasn’t got much credit on this thread. Take a bow Jake Taylor.

Agree. He's getting better by the week and it'd be fantastic if we can extend his loan for the rest of the season - hopefully Taylor, Sproson (agent) & Gary Brazil (Forest academy boss) all agree and will make it happen. After all, if a League 1 club want him on loan there's no guarantee that he'd play every week like he is doing at Vale.

If we keep Taylor and IF (admittedly a humungous if!) Oyeleke can stay fit from January onwards, then the play-offs are a very realistic target, as there's not a great deal in this division again.

1 minute ago, SFBT said:

Haha, Yes.

I don't get to every game, so spend time reading others perceptions and have picked up on the positivity.

So I'm a bit behind those who go to most games.

Yesterday was the best performance I've seen this season and because of the more positive atmosphere and the way we were playing, I wasn't concerned that we were one down. Even if we'd lost, I'd have taken alot of positives from the game.

It's becoming a good place to be.

I agree about the positivity--even after that disastrous start.  The only negative for me was a crowd below 5000.  Hopefully this positivity will lead to more people coming through the turnstiles.  Apart from a couple of quiet spells in each half there was definitely a good atmosphere and buzz around Vale Park yesterday

1 minute ago, Bycarsbill said:

I agree about the positivity--even after that disastrous start.  The only negative for me was a crowd below 5000.  Hopefully this positivity will lead to more people coming through the turnstiles.  Apart from a couple of quiet spells in each half there was definitely a good atmosphere and buzz around Vale Park yesterday

The sub 5k crowd was perfect as I got it spot on in guess the crowd 😁

7 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

Sorry missed out Evans.

Why Ernie ? 

Who would you of liked instead . Can you enlighten me on our budget a player who can play Right back, midfield or Emergency left back who you would of signed instead ? 

Or maybe because Vassell was okay against us you'd of preferred him to stay and also Shalaj on the left instead of Lloyd ? 

Archived