onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

Advert

Don't think it's any coincidence that our form has really picked up since Crooks has been out of the side. Nothing against the lad, he works hard and we can all appreciate a tryer. But he offers nothing going forward, and wingers often have a field day against him. I'd now say that Cristiano Monatno is one of our most important players such as what he offers us in that position. 

8 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Don't think it's any coincidence that our form has really picked up since Crooks has been out of the side. Nothing against the lad, he works hard and we can all appreciate a tryer. But he offers nothing going forward, and wingers often have a field day against him. I'd now say that Cristiano Monatno is one of our most important players such as what he offers us in that position. 

Crooks is improving with the ball from fullback. But Montano obviously offers more going forward. However, I have him down as at fault on the first goal. He seemed to be trying to start as an attacking fullback when he should have seen the space he left behind himself. He was left standing in no mans land. After that he did well. He also seems to have tempered his desire to play too many ambitious passes. Growing in to the role and is more tough than I thought. 

35 minutes ago, Warren said:

Crooks is improving with the ball from fullback. But Montano obviously offers more going forward. However, I have him down as at fault on the first goal. He seemed to be trying to start as an attacking fullback when he should have seen the space he left behind himself. He was left standing in no mans land. After that he did well. He also seems to have tempered his desire to play too many ambitious passes. Growing in to the role and is more tough than I thought. 

Monty, for all his faults, is way better than Crookes. He was off his game today though. That's Monty for you. Love him. x

Jake Taylor and Scott Burgess have been excellent since they both regularly got to start, they were both superb particularly for the first ca 35 mins today. Taylor's shot that hit the post had me out of my seat and the two pieces of skill in the 2nd half around Carlisle's box were excellent. Because of the form of these two guys we haven't missed Oyeleke at all.

I believe Taylor's loan period ends in Jan, I hope we can keep him 'til the end of the season, he's destined to play most of his career in the top two leagues IMHO.

Say what you want about Monty... we are unbeaten since he took over at left back, having conceded 1 league goal (I think) since he has been in the back 4.

Is he a perfect left back, no... but then again he is a league 2 player... people were sl*gging off Gibbo a month ago saying how poor he was. Now he is the best thing since sliced bread.

Benno and Amoo seem to be creeping into the firing line because despite running his knackers off Benno doesn’t score every game. And despite having fullbacks on toast Amoo tires on 60mins.

These mini vendettas really are a bit silly.

8 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

Yes just need Manorshop to install them on the Railway stand and you will need sun glasses to watch the game.

There are still one or two shaded areas that need a bit of extra ‘filling-in’ (look at the shadow of the Bycars roof when Worrall runs away after scoring), but considering the state that Sexman had allowed the floodlights to get into, it’s a massive improvement. 

5 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Jake Taylor and Scott Burgess have been excellent since they both regularly got to start, they were both superb particularly for the first ca 35 mins today. Taylor's shot that hit the post had me out of my seat and the two pieces of skill in the 2nd half around Carlisle's box were excellent. Because of the form of these two guys we haven't missed Oyeleke at all.

I believe Taylor's loan period ends in Jan, I hope we can keep him 'til the end of the season, he's destined to play most of his career in the top two leagues IMHO.

Taylor and Burgess?  Aren’t they Askey signings?  That can’t be right can it?  And that Cullen bloke - wasn’t he an Askey signing?  And Amoo?  

Some really interesting discussions on the return journey with Class Personified!
Player ratings were so difficult because of the recognition of the team ethos that is developing.
All playing well because of the presence and contributions of their team mates.
Smith is doing well because of Legge, Joyce because of Taylor, Burgess, Gibbons and Monty.
Worrall quieter in the first half because Monty was recovering from his error.
There were lovely triangles all over the pitch of players working together.
Burgess and Taylor are skilful, comfortable on the ball, very mobile.
Joyce is available and knits it all together.
Bennett wears them down. Pope scares them. Cullen gets space and scores.
Monty provides balance and is much better than Crookes.
Gibbons was my mom. He got forward throughout in spite of being up against two very difficult wingers.

Archived