onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

Advert

7 minutes ago, Santa said:

Today was the first game I’ve been to at VP under the floodlights for a good while. They’re a huge improvement on last season. 

Going from ifollow Santa, it looked like it got a lot better after Manor did some stuff last season. Like, you can actually see what is going on. They've looked good in the midweek matches too.

It's so refreshing to see Vale being run properly from top to bottom. I would never have dreamed this time last year that Vale would be sitting 8th in the table,

and owned by people who truly love and care for the club. I'm happy tonight with today's result, but sad also for the Vale fans who have passed away this week, and those that are not well in hospital. 

Port Vale Forever  

2 hours ago, Mario said:

Ive got dippy on my ignore list and thats where the idiot is staying however due to the fact you can see what he's spewing when posters reply to him,and unfortunately Ive picked up on his recent attention seeking comments, remember his attacks on Askey calling him Arthur,not from a friendly point of view but because he thought it was funny to lampoon him,who needs supporters like him,if indeed he is a supporter.

Sorry pal you have got your wires crossed as usual.

Check my posts I have never called Askey Arthur but have accused him of wasting the budget on signing Lloyd and Kennedy when if he had waited (who else would have signed them?) he could have signed better players capable of playing in the first team.

Most of the team are the same players who were here when Askey came last year so the majority of his signings are on the bench or not making the squad.

As I said I just hope we can keep the momentum going and not fall back down the league like Crwho who were on a roll and top a couple of weeks ago and will be lucky to finish mid table.
There are not any stand out teams this season but Northampton have picked themselves up and Bradford we’re doing well until we beat them.

Just keep your feet on the ground as there’s a long way to go until the end of the season and keep the faith.

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Conlon and Atkinson played an hour.  Lloyd played the full 90 and provided the pass for the winning goal. 

Would anyone with a brain put Lloyd in the squad when Conlon and Atkinson were fit and played most of the game on Tuesday night.

His defence splitting pass must have been a misskick because he was passing to their players all night and was dire.

Askey is only picking him because he knows he was a bad signing and needs to justify it.

I wasn’t the only person saying he was poor and should have been substituted if he wasnt Askey,s love child.

9 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

Would anyone with a brain put Lloyd in the squad when Conlon and Atkinson were fit and played most of the game on Tuesday night.

His defence splitting pass must have been a misskick because he was passing to their players all night and was dire.

Askey is only picking him because he knows he was a bad signing and needs to justify it.

I wasn’t the only person saying he was poor and should have been substituted if he wasnt Askey,s love child.

So you're saying Askey hasn't got a brain?  Interesting analysis.

Are you telling me you were at the game on Tuesday because you never answered when I asked if you were then asked who you thought our three best players were?  I wasn't the only person who thought he had a solid game and was far from the worst player on the pitch.

How long are you going to carry on with these diatribes against Lloyd?  They are becoming really tedious and simply show you up as a bit of a seriously prejudiced loon.  To suggest that Askey is basing his team selections on whether or not he wants to justify a bad signing is the stupidest thing you've ever written on here - and let's face it Ern, it has a lot of serious competition for that honour.

Well done today. Catastrophic start well recovered. Team has a consistent shape and pattern of play and high level of mobility and fitness. The missing ingredient for promotion is a high scoring forward. For me Cullen has to come into the team. He could be the man.

3 hours ago, Mario said:

Ive got dippy on my ignore list and thats where the idiot is staying however due to the fact you can see what he's spewing when posters reply to him,and unfortunately Ive picked up on his recent attention seeking comments, remember his attacks on Askey calling him Arthur,not from a friendly point of view but because he thought it was funny to lampoon him,who needs supporters like him,if indeed he is a supporter.

It wouldn't surprise me if he was a Closet Stokie or Railway Child - I also have him on the ignore button but it is unfortunate that people who think they can convert him into a normal being are directly quoting him. Mind you, you've got to admit he is consistent - consistently wrong,  but never the less consistent.   If he had any friends they may want to suggest counseling as a substitute for buying him toys for Christmas.

3 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Any news on Wozza’s injury?

Ongoing hip problem he's had for a couple of years. Has an injection pre-season every year. Was questionable pre-game and Askey didn't know how long he'd last today.

Puts his performances into perspective. An absolutely superb player. I'd say he needs some time off to sort his hip but he's simply that important to us we can't afford to lose him. Our best player by a good distance (imo) and one of the best wingers in the League. Could comfortably play for a decent League 1 side.

Very lucky to have him.

Archived