onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

Even after a good win it’s disappointing to still see the same people come on here to just try and rub others noses in it and try to wind them up. So we just get into that bickering back and forth cycle again. We’ve lost 1 in 12 and still the negativity comes. What else can the team or manager do? I’m on other forums where constant repetitive trolling like that gets a ban. 

I said during the game that the first goal was a shocker. Montys got pulled out of position and allowed the runner in behind him. I think that’s who Askey is alluding to in his post match interview. After that it was pretty much all us, again the majority of our threat was coming down our right. Amoo has the beating of their full back and with their left winger giving Gibbo a lot of room we were just playing around and through them down there. On the subject of their left winger, what a weapon he is, when you make yourself stand out with little shorts, gloves and socks down low you need something to back it up. But he plays the game in completely the wrong way, diving all over the place, feigning injury and moaning at the officials. Disgraceful. 

Of the chances we created in the first half, Bennett looked to have 3 good ones, but other than that I thought he was anonymous. 

Second half was more of the same, without us probably creating as much as we did first half. Until the goals that is. Again both came from good work down the right and for a full back to get 2 assists is good going. All you can do is put the ball into the right areas and hope someone makes the right run and Worrall and Cullen did just that. Good goals from our point of view. Amoo started to get some stick in the second half and I think that as games progress his work rate starts to dip, moreso in helping out going backwards when we needed to dig in. But you can’t deny he was a threat throughout and had a hand in the first goal too.  On the subject of wingers Gibbo had a really good battle with their no7, who is actually on loan from Sheffield Utd, so hes come from a lot higher level. I think he came through a good test like that and again he showed what he can do when wingers don’t switch on to his threat going forward as well. On the other side Monty managed to get himself into a few scuffles after a couple of their players went diving around and when he got thrown to the floor. He was lucky as he raised his hands a couple of times today. 

Askey got the subs spot on today, they worked when we needed them to. I think we played some good stuff at times and the run keeps going. MOM for me was either Worrall or Gibbons. 

Advert

4 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

On the subject of their left winger, what a weapon he is, when you make yourself stand out with little shorts, gloves and socks down low you need something to back it up. But he plays the game in completely the wrong way, diving all over the place, feigning injury and moaning at the officials. Disgraceful. 

Thats McKirdy ex Stoke and Villa hails from Trent Vale and is a first class pr**k.

He's the one who nearly started a riot playing for Crewe a few seasons back when he threw a Vale player think it was Hannant over the wall of the Ice Cream stand.

Loves the attention, needed kicking over the Railway to give him something to really moan about.

1 hour ago, osprey said:

Seems Carlisle fans weren't impressed with McKirdy either :

chedderbob247 wrote: I don’t want to see McKirdy wearing a Carlisle United shirt ever again.

Totally sick of his antics - he was an embarrassment today and acted like a spoilt kid throughout the whole game.

Bomb him out of the team and club immediately is the only action that needs to be taken.[/quote

I have to ask...... Are you on drugs?

Not at all. He was a total and utter disgrace today and it’s not something I want associated with Carlisle United. What was interesting is that you can start to see his team mates are also sick of it as well.

Gut feeling is he is a divisive figure in the dressing room.

He certainly won’t remain a professional footballer with the current attitude that he has. If he carries on like this he will be non league next season and a couple of seasons after that he will be looking for a job outside of football.

As a Vale fan exiled to Cumbria, I’m not surprised. Generally Cumbrian people are very straight up and won’t stand for any shenanigans like that.

Interesting to listen to the game on BBC Cumbria. Get different perspective on game. 

They couldn’t believe they didn’t have a man sent off in first half and generally thought they got away with a lot.

Obviously great spirit in the Vale squad. How many times this season have we said we’d have lost a game like that last season. Brilliant from everyone at the club. Thank you for giving us a team to be proud of.

I thought it was going to be one of those games we would do everything but score, Amoo was unlucky when his cross hit his opponent`s arm, which was away from his body, whether the ref considered it unavoidable , or didn't see it, or was just incompetent is anyone`s guess.

4 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Shunters are now 4-1 down.  No doubt their crap manager will claim they were the better of the teams and should not have lost.

P&G will be interesting when they go to him for his drivel.

Funny you should say that!  He did.  Said they were three down  and nobody could have complained if they were three up, lol.  Veiled complaints about Northampton's  "different "  stile.  Moaned that for 2 set pieces they had blocked off the crwho defenders who were "honestly" attempting to clear the ball, etc etc.  Very entertaining, even my missus was laughing.  I saw enough of crwho players honesty 2 weeks ago thank you Fartell.  Who would have thought it, blocking, pushing, pulling at a set piece in league 2, shock horror. Not that he was bitter in any way, lol.  He should watch what Pope has to endure match after match - his shirt nearly came over his head today, but no free kick as per. 

Love reading the match comments back ( well, after we have won, to be fair),  very funny.

1 minute ago, Mellor! said:

It will be for the shocking challenge right Infront of the Paddock. Ref didn't even give a free kick.

Yes on either Taylor or Burgess wasn’t it. The ref was right in front of it so had a great view, he looked like he went in high from where I was in the Lorne street. If that was one of their players they’d have made more of it. We have a very honest set of players. 

I think the either/or debates about Bennett, Pope, Cullen are mistaken.
Think of this as a 14 player team, all contributing different skills in a 90 minute game.
Thus, Bennett wears them down for 60 minutes, Pope puts the frighteners on, Cullen utilises the space.
Result.

14 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

It will be for the shocking challenge right Infront of the Paddock. Ref didn't even give a free kick.

That’s it. Couldn’t believe he hadn’t been sent off. 

They thought the lads pushing monty would go too.

Also said before the game that they’d forgotten what a good ground Vale Park is and how friendly everyone at the club was.

I didn't think Worrall had one of his better games today. But that is judging by a high bar indeed this season. Maybe not surprising given his hip problem. Gibbo was excellent, apart from a ten minute spell second half when his man had the better of him. For a full back he is one hell of a creative threat.

MOTM for me was Smithy. Goes about his business, hardly ever puts a foot wrong. Some tidy interventions, and his distribution has improved no end. Unsung role, but he's bloody good at it. Week in week out.

Archived