onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

Advert

Apart from the goal after 20 seconds, they did nothing first half.

second half they forced Browny into 1 decent save.

we hit the post, had 2 cleared off the line, I knew we wouldn’t lose.

Cullen as the in form striker has to start, top scorer now after playing hardly any games, that’s not a dig at Bennett, just Cullen atm, is on form.

Superb performance today m. It was a shock to go behind so quickly but I thought that that we’d score a goal. Last season we’d have Kay down and died. Felt with a definite penalty in the first half that we weren’t given for handball and the ball bobbed around in their area but didn’t fall to our players. IMO the performance was as good as the Crewe performance. I didn’t know who’d be given the man of the match because there was some really decent performances. Well do to Dave Worrall. I wonder how long it will be before the 🇨🇴 FA send a representative to checkout our left back.

5 minutes ago, Another shropshire valiant said:

Just got home after the game, possibly a tad lucky to be honest, thought there number 7 was a cracking player and would be top of my signing list, Amoo faded badly in the second half, he certainly frustrates at times...overall I enjoyed the game, certainly end to end and credit to Carlisle, they didn’t come to sneak a point, which was probably there undoing in the end.

onwards and upwards, not getting too excited yet, but pleased with the steady progress that the whole club is making

A tad lucky? I don't know what pop you've been on but I wouldn't have any more! 

Bennett is a handful but I think he needs someone like a Cullen alongside him. As a lone striker he simply won't score enough goals. For me Cullen has to be starting games now. But how nice is it to have the likes of Pope, Bennett, Browne and Conlon to come off the bench instead of absolute dross as we've been used to over the years. 

And we must get Taylor signed up for the season at the very least asap! Brilliant player that will only get better. 

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

Bennett is a handful but I think he needs someone like a Cullen alongside him. As a lone striker he simply won't score enough goals. For me Cullen has to be starting games now. But how nice is it to have the likes of Pope, Bennett, Browne and Conlon to come off the bench instead of absolute dross as we've been used to over the years. 

And we must get Taylor signed up for the season at the very least asap! Brilliant player that will only get better. 

The options we have this year vs last are light years ahead... it’s nice to have an actual squad this year rather than a team! 

Bennett brings a lot to the team, the goals have dried up a little but he will be back in the goals eventually. Nice to have options up front to rotate through. 

49 minutes ago, robf said:

I posted this in another thread but to cut and paste...

Sure absolutely terrible decision to pick a fit player over two players recovering from injury. After all, we've not just had recent experience of rushing people with injures back too soon (*coughs "Manny Oyeleke"). 

What an appalling decision by John Askey to pick a squad so poor they can only pick up three points against Carlisle and their fourth win in a row. He's clearly lost the plot..

Just hope and pray we can keep it going until the end of the season.

Both Conlon and Atkinson played most of Tuesdays match.

Must be gutted that Ryan Lloyd is preferred before them.

30 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Jake Taylor has improved considerably since the start of the season and showed today that he can mix it with the players who try to rough him up.

Burgess also is improving and with Joyce pulling the strings the midfield is stronger than last year.

Nice touch of Carol to find him a car when his was broken into.

Would Mr Blobby have done the same.

Obviously he enjoys playing regularly each week at the Vale and would have to start again from scratch at another club.

12 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

Just hope and pray we can keep it going until the end of the season.

Both Conlon and Atkinson played most of Tuesdays match.

Must be gutted that Ryan Lloyd is preferred before them.

Conlon and Atkinson played an hour.  Lloyd played the full 90 and provided the pass for the winning goal. 

41 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Conlon and Atkinson played an hour.  Lloyd played the full 90 and provided the pass for the winning goal. 

Ive got dippy on my ignore list and thats where the idiot is staying however due to the fact you can see what he's spewing when posters reply to him,and unfortunately Ive picked up on his recent attention seeking comments, remember his attacks on Askey calling him Arthur,not from a friendly point of view but because he thought it was funny to lampoon him,who needs supporters like him,if indeed he is a supporter.

1 hour ago, Erniemossrules said:

Askeys love child.

How does he get in the squad when Conlon and Atkinson can’t.

Askey trying to prove he was worth signing.and not wasting the budget.

We win AGAIN..not lost at home..3 points off second place..yet you wont give askey any praise..you just bleat on about wasting the budget etc....well I hope he keeps wasting the budget like he has.....you are starting to really sound bitter and pathetic now,you just hate being proved wrong don't you 

Archived