onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

Cracking win showing great resolve!

2 points (or one last min equaliser not conceded) off the automatic places!

There will be a few on here who were looking forward to having a dig who will suddenly have turned off their phones and are now sat there not sure what to do.

you can see it in the comments during the game... desperate to start a new vendetta against Bennett who got into some good positions today and just didn’t finish!

One loss in 12... Making the couch pundits look stupid again!

UTV!!

Advert

30 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Good win for the Vale, my overall MOM is Nathan Smith. Really pleased for Mark Cullen, how does JA regularly get Cullen  in the team given his favored formation, nice problem to have.

If you play with your socks round your ankles and wear gloves you'd better be able to carry the look off, sadly McCurdy looked like a real pansy today.

Did he bring his shorts from his school pe kit.

19 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Cracking win showing great resolve!

2 points (or one last min equaliser not conceded) off the automatic places!

There will be a few on here who were looking forward to having a dig who will suddenly have turned off their phones and are now sat there not sure what to do.

you can see it in the comments during the game... desperate to start a new vendetta against Bennett who got into some good positions today and just didn’t finish!

One loss in 12... Making the couch pundits look stupid again!

UTV!!

At least he decided to bring Pope and Cullen on before waiting until the last 10 mins.

Totally changed the game when he took Bennett off who was being bullied by a 17 year old school kid.
Proved that Pope should be starting instead of Bennett as at Crewe.

Some clowns on here must be creaming themselves.

Seems Carlisle fans weren't impressed with McKirdy either :

chedderbob247 wrote: I don’t want to see McKirdy wearing a Carlisle United shirt ever again.

Totally sick of his antics - he was an embarrassment today and acted like a spoilt kid throughout the whole game.

Bomb him out of the team and club immediately is the only action that needs to be taken.[/quote

I have to ask...... Are you on drugs?

Not at all. He was a total and utter disgrace today and it’s not something I want associated with Carlisle United. What was interesting is that you can start to see his team mates are also sick of it as well.

Gut feeling is he is a divisive figure in the dressing room.

He certainly won’t remain a professional footballer with the current attitude that he has. If he carries on like this he will be non league next season and a couple of seasons after that he will be looking for a job outside of football.

Great win today for the Vale. I thought we played some very nice football especially in the first half, but we were just missing that final touch. Cullen could very much fill that role for me. He is a natural poacher and he is always in the right place at the right time. He deserves a start next week in place of Bennett who I once again thought was poor. He hasn't impressed me for a while now and I cant see how he starting in front of Pope or Cullen. Amoo is another who needs dropping. He's way too half hearted and lazy. 

Overall, very impressed. Bring on Scunthorpe next who are very much beatable.

2 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

Askeys love child.

How does he get in the squad when Conlon and Atkinson can’t.

Askey trying to prove he was worth signing.and not wasting the budget.

I posted this in another thread but to cut and paste...

Sure absolutely terrible decision to pick a fit player over two players recovering from injury. After all, we've not just had recent experience of rushing people with injures back too soon (*coughs "Manny Oyeleke"). 

What an appalling decision by John Askey to pick a squad so poor they can only pick up three points against Carlisle and their fourth win in a row. He's clearly lost the plot..

Getting a bit boring now.

Do we all remember when Crewe were running away with the League and everyone was simpering at how fantastic they were?

We're 2 points behind them now. Our next 3 league game are agains teams in the bottom eight of the table.

Bennett is a strange one. Had 3 great chances and couldn't convert any of them. Lacks confidence but there are still goals in him. Cullen deserves his chance now.

Baffled by the criticism of Amoo; he tore their left back to shreds first half. One great cross for a Bennett header on target, and then got in behind but couldn't pick the right pass. He fades but every League 2 winger will. Good and bad games, good and bad halves. He remains a threat when he's up for it, which he was first half. His workrate isn't too bad defensively either.

The first rendition of 'John Askey's Black and White Army' suggests to me that he's won over the majority of the supporters.

It is vital that we remember what the consensus was pre-season. I fear that this excellent run is going to over-inflate expectations and IF we don't finish top 8 then people will label it a disappointment. Most people were taking 14th pre-season. We're now sat 2 points of autos and 5 points off top, with 2 cup games coming up. Askey is doing an absolutely superb job considering the budget and the players at his disposal.

Either way, another good day to be a Vale fan. Really enjoying this season so far.

Hard won 3 points today, Cullen has to be a contender to start at Scunthorpe. Don’t think Bennett had a bad game ,just needs to put good chances away. Gibbo and Wozzer  stand out players for me . Can’t help but think about the games at Salford and Orient, could have really been in the mix. Still , we are doing alright, steadily moving in the right direction , happy with the players and manager up to now . Owners doing a great job.UTV

4 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Getting a bit boring now.

Do we all remember when Crewe were running away with the League and everyone was simpering at how fantastic they were?

We're 2 points behind them now. Our next 3 league game are agains teams in the bottom eight of the table.

Bennett is a strange one. Had 3 great chances and couldn't convert any of them. Lacks confidence but there are still goals in him. Cullen deserves his chance now.

Baffled by the criticism of Amoo; he tore their left back to shreds first half. One great cross for a Bennett header on target, and then got in behind but couldn't pick the right pass. He fades but every League 2 winger will. Good and bad games, good and bad halves. He remains a threat when he's up for it, which he was first half. His workrate isn't too bad defensively either.

The first rendition of 'John Askey's Black and White Army' suggests to me that he's won over the majority of the supporters.

It is vital that we remember what the consensus was pre-season. I fear that this excellent run is going to over-inflate expectations and IF we don't finish top 8 then people will label it a disappointment. Most people were taking 14th pre-season. We're now sat 2 points of autos and 5 points off top, with 2 cup games coming up. Askey is doing an absolutely superb job considering the budget and the players at his disposal.

Either way, another good day to be a Vale fan. Really enjoying this season so far.

Great post and sums up my view on things very well.

People Moaned their knackers off about Askey and his squad... and they have been made to look daft.

Now it’s about not getting too over excited... this is a huge turnaround compared to lasts years and way above expectations at this stage. 

ai fear people will now start to call for Askeys head off we don’t get promoted... don’t be short termist people... look at the long term trend, which is looking healthy!

UTV

Just got home after the game, possibly a tad lucky to be honest, thought there number 7 was a cracking player and would be top of my signing list, Amoo faded badly in the second half, he certainly frustrates at times...overall I enjoyed the game, certainly end to end and credit to Carlisle, they didn’t come to sneak a point, which was probably there undoing in the end.

onwards and upwards, not getting too excited yet, but pleased with the steady progress that the whole club is making

Archived