onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: EFLT Port Vale v Newcastle Utd U21

Fosse69

Maddison and Cullen were the stand outs for me. Brisley was the best of the defenders but what on earth was up with Browne. Did he beat his full back once??  Newcastle had a few decent footballers - I said before the game that Young was one to watch and he was indeed very good. Their keeper was decent as well. They looked the more likely team to score the winner but tended to overplay it at times and Cullen showed them how to finish. Top of the group, another £10k in the bank and none of the first team put at risk. Job done. 

Advert

4 minutes ago, Joe B said:

He's actually nowhere near as bad as people make out when you play him in the middle.

As stated before, the lad isn't going to be starting every league game but when you do need to give lads a rest and want someone who will work hard, be on naff all wage, and won't moan when he's not in the squad and probably contribute to the hard-working and tight knit group we've got, he's hardly the walking disaster people wail about.

It all started when the ErnieMossTool staged a vendetta against him before he had kicked a ball, and that started the less educated off . Most normal people who like a moan wait until there is something to moan about but erniemosstool likes to start a moan without any reason . The uneducated just follow and then when the player has had all the confidence sucked out then these tools say - Told You so ! ..  If they want to find the bad in our players they surely will as we are in the fourth division but they should also look for good points as there are some in there as has been proven with Worrall - last year he was a waste ... this year he's the dogs 8ollocks.   Aspo didnt see anything in him, Askey has given him the confidence to walk on water !   Different approach - different result. Some of our perpetual moaners should change the record sometimes as it could do the club a favour.

24 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Maddison good. Reasonable back up.

Brisley is 3rd choice CB, then Kennedy a distant 4th.

Cullen full of running and two goals; worth a bash up top. Scores pretty much every time he starts, despite offering little else.

Nice to see Conlon back; him and Atkinson provide some genuine competition for Taylor and Burgess to keep up their recent levels.

Not much else to say. Atkinson and Evans will do the cliched 'job' at fullback. 

Newcastle had some decent players and managed to get in the box far more than most youth sides.

1 loss in 10, £50,000 made in the last 4 days and progression in two cups. Fringe players get a run out. Decent 10 days work from Vale.

Need to follow this good run up with 8/9 points from the next 4 games; Carlisle, Scunny, Walsall, and Crawley. If we play like we did vs Crewe/Dons/Bradford, we should be right in the play off mix ahead of the Christmas fixtures.

Good all round  summary Joe B    

Our second string looked exactly that. Cullen and Maddison both had good games.

I was impressed by Newcastle, technically they were very good.  They had good pace and some power in the side.  I’d be happy to take their 44? on loan.  Big, strong, quick and good on the ball.

How big is their squad?  Looking at the back of their shirts was like looking at bingo numbers.

5 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Our second string looked exactly that. Cullen and Maddison both had good games.

I was impressed by Newcastle, technically they were very good.  They had good pace and some power in the side.  I’d be happy to take their 44? on loan.  Big, strong, quick and good on the ball.

How big is their squad?  Looking at the back of their shirts was like looking at bingo numbers.

Sat with a Newcastle fan and he agreed 44 was excellent at beating players but rightly predicted he had no end product, and he proved that tonight. Every forward pass was astray.

Definitely worth a punt if we can develop his decision making, he was strolling through our midfield with ease at times tonight and would offer something we don't have in the middle.

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Nathan Jones was in attendance tonight.

I imagine he hasn't had to buy a drink! 

I’ve grown to become one of his biggest admirers so I have to say I’m very disappointed not to have seen him, to shake his hand and to give him a manly kiss on the lips for the sterling work he’s done,

I hope and pray that all his efforts have not been in vain. 🙏

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

Totally agree, is he top scorer now? Given the amount of time he’s had on the pitch, that’s a great return.

Also Bennett is on a bit of a barren spell so I would swap Bennett for Cullen.

He's joint-second, along with Jake Taylor on four goals. Bennett has five

47 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
1 hour ago, toyahw said:
We did alright. Agree with the rest. Shout out for Ryan Lloyd. Did alright.

Thought he had an alright game in fairness! Does anyone know if it was him that played the assist for the 2nd goal? I thought it was him but the vale twitter credited Taylor with it? Either way it was a good pass

It was a great pass from Lloyd for the second goal. He didn’t have a bad game at all to be fair to him. We might not have been great today but we gave them a lesson in how to win games. Looking good, keeping the ball and overplaying is not how you win football matches. 

1 hour ago, pensioner said:

It all started when the ErnieMossTool staged a vendetta against him before he had kicked a ball, and that started the less educated off . Most normal people who like a moan wait until there is something to moan about but erniemosstool likes to start a moan without any reason . The uneducated just follow and then when the player has had all the confidence sucked out then these tools say - Told You so ! ..  If they want to find the bad in our players they surely will as we are in the fourth division but they should also look for good points as there are some in there as has been proven with Worrall - last year he was a waste ... this year he's the dogs 8ollocks.   Aspo didnt see anything in him, Askey has given him the confidence to walk on water !   Different approach - different result. Some of our perpetual moaners should change the record sometimes as it could do the club a favour.

Come Lloyd is dire. Only signed because he was Askeys love child and even hard up Macc didn’t want him.

Askey has tried to prove the doubters wrong but I think even he realises he dropped a bo@@ock signing him so early when he could have got a better player further down the line.I could understand if he was was a last minute panic signing but he was one of the first.

Anyone with a brain can see he is is not good enough for league football and considering Askey new him before he signed him it was a complete waste of the budget.

3 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

Come Lloyd is dire. Only signed because he was Askeys love child and even hard up Macc didn’t want him.

Askey has tried to prove the doubters wrong but I think even he realises he dropped a bo@@ock signing him so early when he could have got a better player further down the line.I could understand if he was was a last minute panic signing but he was one of the first.

Anyone with a brain can see he is is not good enough for league football and considering Askey new him before he signed him it was a complete waste of the budget.

I don’t think Askey is trying to prove anyone wrong. He’s too busy running a tight ship, and so far he’s doing very well at it. Long may it continue. 

Archived