onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: EFLT Port Vale v Newcastle Utd U21

Fosse69

Advert

On 13/11/2019 at 16:48, RailwayRowdy said:

As I see it, the biggest problem with all clubs at all levels is that they have too many professionals who cannot get a game. 

Match day squads now have to be the starting eleven plus seven subs. Simple maths tells you that you then need a minimum of 18 players. If the management then feels that he needs squad players to cover these positions, then the minimum required pro’s starts at 30+.

The problem is all down to this pointless transfer window. In days gone by, match day squads would be 12. Vale for example, would then have a pro staff (+ 1st year pro’s) of around 18. Then if injuries hit, you would use the loan system, This is no longer an option.

So managers then have to have more pro’s than they would normally want. Consequently they feel the need to give them a game to keep them relatively happy. Where do they then get a game ? Cup competitions , which in my era was the highlight of the season, not the now perceived hinderence.

So we now have massive squads due to perceived necessity throughout the league’s with numerous players who are not up to the required standard and who are rarely going to play.

Or am I missing something ?

Yes most clubs had a reserve team who played matches in the Central League so most teams had a similar number of players as today.Due to rising costs of travel and rising wages the costs increased so they withdrew teams from the league.

You are correct that because now there are 6 subs in each team the squads for each game are larger to cover this.

On 13/11/2019 at 08:01, Iron Curtain said:

Dont waste your breath. Ern has proven time and time again that he doesn’t have the intelligence to have this debate properly.

He thinks we all love Lloyd and expect him to be a key player in a promotion push.

If you use a sensible concept such as the fact that he is a cheap squad player that people wanted to be a backup... he just shuts it down, because he isn’t clever enough to understand it. 

He thinks a manager has to get every signing perfect or should lose their job... because he isn’t very clever.

Best thing I ever did was put him on ignore... 

Its interesting that based on the little notification I get that says “you have chosen to ignore posts by erniemossrules” that he posted 1 message after the MK Dons win which made us to 6th best team in the country based on form with 1 loss in 10 and 3 clean sheets and 3 away wins...

Compare that with tonight after Lloyd played and he has posted 5 or 6 times.

It shows that he is a sad bloke, sat at home who wants a vendetta to make him feel important. 

#blockern and enjoy OVF, trust me, it makes a huge difference... You will unfortunately still see his rubbish if he is quoted, but people are doing that less and less. 

Strange this clown has blocked me up still responds to my posts and spews out his usual drivel.

If the red nose fits wear it.

And yes Lloyd was rubbish as usual no matter how much you try to make him the Macc Messi.

On 13/11/2019 at 03:59, Jacko51 said:

I try not to abuse posters on here but you really are a buffoon, Ernie.  You may be the fast milkman in the west but you are also the saddest.  Try to base you opinions on fact, not completely blind prejudice.  Lloyd had a decent game last night and won the game for us with that great pass to Cullen for the winner - a winner than made the club another £5k.  Were you even there????

I am not a "Lloyd lover" but nor am I, like you, a Lloyd hater.  There is a sensible middle ground in the debate which you seem totally unable to grasp.  Has the lad been messing with your missus or something?!

He’s arguing with the wrong one. Bit like taking coals to Newcastle. 🙄

23 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

"Strange this clown has blocked me up still responds to my posts and spews out his usual drivel.

If the red nose fits wear it.

And yes Lloyd was rubbish as usual no matter how much you try to make him the Macc Messi.

Ern, you were writing posts like this in July, it is now mid November and you are still submitting the same obnoxious posts. My thinking is this, maybe your infatuation with Ryan Lloyd is because he is " your " love child. 

2 hours ago, aspin for england said:

Ern, you were writing posts like this in July, it is now mid November and you are still submitting the same obnoxious posts. My thinking is this, maybe your infatuation with Ryan Lloyd is because he is " your " love child. 

Lots on here should search for the magic IGNORE button, it truly is Magic and makes life on here far more than just bearable with the trolls. You can actually enter into adult conversations with each other and the disputed aspects can be discussed in an adult manner with the kiddies spoiling things

Archived