onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: EFLT Port Vale v Newcastle Utd U21

Fosse69

Advert

9 hours ago, toyahw said:

Nuts if true. Job done. What's to moan about?

I know it’s daft... some people just love a moan during the game.

Someone on this thread even said:

”He can take Tricket-Smith, Browne, Kennedy, Conlon, Evans with him. This is dire”

And

“True, but he's not very good. Not been one of our worst players to be fair. But that is a low bar.“

😉

5 hours ago, toyahw said:

Played 3 won 3, 30,000 earned. That probably covers his salary. Give the guy a break man, He's nowhere near as bad as you make out.

Dont waste your breath. Ern has proven time and time again that he doesn’t have the intelligence to have this debate properly.

He thinks we all love Lloyd and expect him to be a key player in a promotion push.

If you use a sensible concept such as the fact that he is a cheap squad player that people wanted to be a backup... he just shuts it down, because he isn’t clever enough to understand it. 

He thinks a manager has to get every signing perfect or should lose their job... because he isn’t very clever.

Best thing I ever did was put him on ignore... 

Its interesting that based on the little notification I get that says “you have chosen to ignore posts by erniemossrules” that he posted 1 message after the MK Dons win which made us to 6th best team in the country based on form with 1 loss in 10 and 3 clean sheets and 3 away wins...

Compare that with tonight after Lloyd played and he has posted 5 or 6 times.

It shows that he is a sad bloke, sat at home who wants a vendetta to make him feel important. 

#blockern and enjoy OVF, trust me, it makes a huge difference... You will unfortunately still see his rubbish if he is quoted, but people are doing that less and less. 

Premier League Newcastle’s U21’s lose to basically Vale’s second string. Similar stories surround other U21 sides. What does this say about the standard of development squads in the top two divisions ?

A quick look at Newcastle’s team last night shows that only Jamie Sterry has any league experience at all. The other 10 are all around the 19/20 age so are not exactly youngsters. 

This tends to suggest to me that these players are never going to make it at league level for any club. I don’t know how far down the pecking order these players are at Newcastle, but it’s highly unlikely they are going to make a league appearance at St James’.

Yet the whole pretence of allowing the higher grade teams into this competition was to groom them for this eventuality ! 

I, like many others, don’t think that these teams should be playing in this competition, but if they are the least they could do would be to field a competitive side. 

With regards to my above comments, it’s now quite apparent that neither the U21 sides or indeed our level clubs are gaining anything from this Trophy in its current form.

Sad, but true.

I thought Brisley, Cullen and Maddison were the stand-outs last night but it's great we can give some of the squad players a run-out and still win. Could young Campbell-Gordon be the long-term LB solution as well? I liked his cameo.

2 minutes ago, robf said:

Could young Campbell-Gordon be the long-term LB solution as well? I liked his cameo.

He certainly has the attributes to be an excellent modern day full back!

Apparently he is very highly rated by the club and we offered a 2 year deal to fend off Brentford who offered him a 1 year deal in the summer.

8 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

Come Lloyd is dire. Only signed because he was Askeys love child and even hard up Macc didn’t want him.

Askey has tried to prove the doubters wrong but I think even he realises he dropped a bo@@ock signing him so early when he could have got a better player further down the line.I could understand if he was was a last minute panic signing but he was one of the first.

Anyone with a brain can see he is is not good enough for league football and considering Askey new him before he signed him it was a complete waste of the budget.

STILL banging out the usual sarcastic drivel . 

45 minutes ago, RailwayRowdy said:

Premier League Newcastle’s U21’s lose to basically Vale’s second string. Similar stories surround other U21 sides. What does this say about the standard of development squads in the top two divisions ?

A quick look at Newcastle’s team last night shows that only Jamie Sterry has any league experience at all. The other 10 are all around the 19/20 age so are not exactly youngsters. 

This tends to suggest to me that these players are never going to make it at league level for any club. I don’t know how far down the pecking order these players are at Newcastle, but it’s highly unlikely they are going to make a league appearance at St James’.

Yet the whole pretence of allowing the higher grade teams into this competition was to groom them for this eventuality ! 

I, like many others, don’t think that these teams should be playing in this competition, but if they are the least they could do would be to field a competitive side. 

With regards to my above comments, it’s now quite apparent that neither the U21 sides or indeed our level clubs are gaining anything from this Trophy in its current form.

Sad, but true.

There were several of their players who I am sure will do a great job for clubs at our level and above, whether that justifies them being in this competition I am not sure but we have benefited from £30k that we wouldn`t have got and have had a good look at players we may consider as loan options at some point.

These u21 sides will not benefit from this. Those players need to be out as individuals on loan in a club playing football that matters, where they are taken out of the bubble they are in and put into the harsher environment of a real changing room where results matter, performances matter, where jobs are on the line, where even players livelihoods are on the line. That’s the environment where they will sink or swim. Currently they’re surrounded by their own age group and this format of basically keeping young players til they are 23 is killing their careers.

Look at the experience our younger players have in Smith and Gibbons, they’ve been thrown in and shown they can cope. That’s what those Newcastle lads need to do. Get out on loan and play properly.

I haven’t seen enough of Campbell-Gordon to really form much of an opinion, as it stands Monty is doing a decent job. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see us bring a left back in in January. 

I also think the decision not to have a reserve side could backfire because those players are not getting any game time currently and if called on on a matchday will be sorely lacking match fitness. 

Geoff Horsfield Is the latest guest on the Undr the Cosh podcast and they talk about how the modern game means lots of young talent sits in academies and just never develops enough to play the game.

The Premier league academy system is set up to create a few superstars and discard a huge number of lads without blinking an eye!

Geiff benefitted from years of playing none league football whilst being a brickie. I always thought he only started playing at 24 but actually signed his first contract at 16 and did both jobs.

interestingly he also opens the podcast talking about busgate... a cracking listen about how Gannon had lost the squad completely (they used to talk about nights out over his team talks) and when Geoff lost is an thumped him on the bus!

24 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

These u21 sides will not benefit from this. Those players need to be out as individuals on loan in a club playing football that matters, where they are taken out of the bubble they are in and put into the harsher environment of a real changing room where results matter, performances matter, where jobs are on the line, where even players livelihoods are on the line. That’s the environment where they will sink or swim. Currently they’re surrounded by their own age group and this format of basically keeping young players til they are 23 is killing their careers.

Look at the experience our younger players have in Smith and Gibbons, they’ve been thrown in and shown they can cope. That’s what those Newcastle lads need to do. Get out on loan and play properly.

I haven’t seen enough of Campbell-Gordon to really form much of an opinion, as it stands Monty is doing a decent job. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see us bring a left back in in January. 

I also think the decision not to have a reserve side could backfire because those players are not getting any game time currently and if called on on a matchday will be sorely lacking match fitness. 

Newcastle lads did well in this competition last year winning their group. They had Sean and Matty Longstaff in the team, both of whom are now in the first team squad. It helps some players to get this sort of experience. I suspect Jack Young May also go in to greater things as well. 

9 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

Lucky we can play with 10 men then.

I try not to abuse posters on here but you really are a buffoon, Ernie.  You may be the fast milkman in the west but you are also the saddest.  Try to base you opinions on fact, not completely blind prejudice.  Lloyd had a decent game last night and won the game for us with that great pass to Cullen for the winner - a winner than made the club another £5k.  Were you even there????

I am not a "Lloyd lover" but nor am I, like you, a Lloyd hater.  There is a sensible middle ground in the debate which you seem totally unable to grasp.  Has the lad been messing with your missus or something?!

10 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I try not to abuse posters on here but you really are a buffoon, Ernie.  You may be the fast milkman in the west but you are also the saddest.  Try to base you opinions on fact, not completely blind prejudice.  Lloyd had a decent game last night and won the game for us with that great pass to Cullen for the winner - a winner than made the club another £5k.  Were you even there????

I am not a "Lloyd lover" but nor am I, like you, a Lloyd hater.  There is a sensible middle ground in the debate which you seem totally unable to grasp.  Has the lad been messing with your missus or something?!

The Ern vs Lloyd debate has moved from being annoying to a bit pathetic and even a little worrying.

I boarderline feel sorry for Ern as that’s all he seems to be able to focus on during this rather enjoyable season of turnaround.

Im starting to worry about his mental heath  As he clearly either doesn’t understand a sensible post like yours, chooses to ignore it for attention or has some problem when he can’t get past his fixation on the bloke.

Shame really... Lloyd is doing exactly what he was brought in for. Steady performance as a backup to give the first team a break.

Archived