onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Macc players go on strike

robf

Advert

2 hours ago, Phil1965 said:

I think you are being a bit unfair on Crewe here, we don't want a fixture pile up, though if it doesn't get played you do wonder whether Macc will survive the season. I feel very sorry for their players, the club has been poorly run. I don't want us to be awarded three points, I want the game played, but it doesn't look like it will happen tomorrow.

I think fixture pile-up is a bit exaggerated. If an extra game in Jan/Feb is going to make or break Crewe's promotion season, then they aren't good enough to get promoted anyway. You get a light relief at this stage of the season before going in to a busy Xmas period. Surely that's some benefit to Crewe?

I agree with CV above. They won't last the season which will be a tremendous shame as the fight the players have shown is truly incredible. I believe the financial trouble they are in, is going to be too hefty for anybody with legitimate love for Macclesfield to take on.

2 minutes ago, stupers said:

I think fixture pile-up is a bit exaggerated. If an extra game in Jan/Feb is going to make or break Crewe's promotion season, then they aren't good enough to get promoted anyway. You get a light relief at this stage of the season before going in to a busy Xmas period. Surely that's some benefit to Crewe?

I agree with CV above. They won't last the season which will be a tremendous shame as the fight the players have shown is truly incredible. I believe the financial trouble they are in, is going to be too hefty for anybody with legitimate love for Macclesfield to take on.

You'd have to be crazy to take Macc on at the moment, with all the unpaid bills and wages. The players are the main losers here, plus the supporters. At least we have extra time to prepare for Eastleigh!

The Vale could well end up playing more games than Crewe this year if we progress in the Trophy (it would be the greatest shock in FA Cup history if we play more than 1 more game in the FA Cup). You have to play everyone in the league twice to retain the integrity of the competition. This bleating about needing 3 points strikes me as being borne out of worry that other teams have started to suss them out and they will need all the points they can muster to scrape into the top 7...

It's outrageous that Crewe should cite fixture backlog as a reason for being given 3 points gratis. 

The next few months will, almost inevitably, see a fixture backlog develop. It is an annual occurrence referred to as 'Winter'. It will effect lower league grounds more than most because they don't have fancy undersoil heating etc to combat it. 

So, come February we could see many clubs battling to catch up on fixtures. It would be seen as a preposterous skewing of the league if some of these clubs exit winter with a bigger backlog than Crewe, yet see that Crewe gained 3 free points for this. 

I made the mistake of taking my headphones out on the bus from Congleton to Vale on Saturday for a split second. This apparently gave carte blanche to a Crewe fan to come and sit next to me and not shut up for 50 minutes about how unfair all this was and how they are the best team in the division etc... They really are an odd fanbase. In many ways, I think they are odder than Stoke. At least many Stokies acknowledge they are <ovf censored>. 

Interesting opinion piece. 😕

The writer mentions how they sympathise with Macc but later adds that it's "it's always Crewe and Crewe fans first" and concludes that poor Crewe (not the Macc fans or the players and staff owed money) are apparently the "victims" 😇

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/opinion-sympathise-macclesfield-suits-made-17382917

Archived