onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Macc players go on strike

robf

Fixture pile up?  One game?  Are they mad?  They created their own "fixture pile up" by only drawing at non League Eastleigh.  It's typical that a club with zero integrity like Crewe should be trying to benefit from the appalling situation the Macc players find themselves in.

Advert

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Fixture pile up?  One game?  Are they mad?  They created their own "fixture pile up" by only drawing at non League Eastleigh.  It's typical that a club with zero integrity like Crewe should be trying to benefit from the appalling situation the Macc players find themselves in.

Morecambe might have a case for 3 points as we are too busy to play them on Jan 4th in the minds of Crewe Alex.

The EFL have fallen asleep again. This situation has been ongoing for a long time.  I understand there is a buyer in the wings but there is a snag.  I would hazard a guess that the snag is the current owner.  The EFL should make it clear, play the games and pay your staff, or sell.  If you do not then we will expel you from the league.  It is an outrage how this owner is acting.  He will not go into admin because then he will get nothing. The courts  are slow to force admin, there have been enough chances.   The EFL and the Courts have the solution, but instead they allow another foreign owner with zero integrity to strip our wonderful game bare.  No one can afford to see a club like Macclesfield Town go down like this.

As for Crewe! Words fail me.  Clubs should be supporting Macclesfield, not acting in the way that dreadful club just down the road is acting.

The lack of leadership in football is palpable.

Classic Crewe.

When are the authorities going to shut down an institution that failed to spot rampant and industrial peadophilia despite it working with hundreds of kids?

They lack that many morals with ekeing out a promotion and selling off their current crop (though I'm sure Dario will see most of that cash), they'll beg the FA for the points from a team whose players currently face a Christmas with no money. To be fair, they were that bad against us they'll need forfeited 3 points to squeeze out top 7.

Get the Alex liquidated, pronto.

Crewe are pointing out that influential midfielder Jay Harris will be missing due to suspension if the game is played and if the game is played at a later date, he will be due to play.......You couldn't make it up with that lot.

I think you are being a bit unfair on Crewe here, we don't want a fixture pile up, though if it doesn't get played you do wonder whether Macc will survive the season. I feel very sorry for their players, the club has been poorly run. I don't want us to be awarded three points, I want the game played, but it doesn't look like it will happen tomorrow.

44 minutes ago, Phil1965 said:

I think you are being a bit unfair on Crewe here, we don't want a fixture pile up, though if it doesn't get played you do wonder whether Macc will survive the season. I feel very sorry for their players, the club has been poorly run. I don't want us to be awarded three points, I want the game played, but it doesn't look like it will happen tomorrow.

And to be fair to Artell, who has had a lot of (often deserved) stick on here, I think his comments are pretty decent on this issue:

https://www.crewealex.net/news/2019/december/artell-no-blame-at-the-door-of-the-efl/

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/david-artells-chester-days-means-17356182

9 minutes ago, robf said:

And to be fair to Artell, who has had a lot of (often deserved) stick on here, I think his comments are pretty decent on this issue:

https://www.crewealex.net/news/2019/december/artell-no-blame-at-the-door-of-the-efl/

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/david-artells-chester-days-means-17356182

He could talk about the time he was the only one to run out on the Vale too. Rat.  

58 minutes ago, Phil1965 said:

Its only one game, the same as if one was off due to weather or internationals, gifting three points to a side in a promotion race is a huge disadvantage to the rest of the sides involved in the race.

2 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Its only one game, the same as if one was off due to weather or internationals, gifting three points to a side in a promotion race is a huge disadvantage to the rest of the sides involved in the race.

I agree, but it's not our decision, we will see what the EFL decide. Football is increasingly about the 'haves' and the 'have nots' mirroring the way society is going. The Premier League has a lot to answer for. I feel sick hearing about the money being earned at the top end of the game, only to see community clubs like Bury and Macclesfield facing liquidation. Crewe nearly went under in 1977 and I expect Port Vale have had challenging times too.

Archived