onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Have we played every club in the 4 leagues?

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

Just gone through them all & I'm pretty much 100% sure. Due to me only supporting since 2001, couldn't recall games against one or two, but checked on 11v11 & we have records against them so yeah, pretty certain it's all of them.

26 minutes ago, stupers said:

I remember in the early 2000s that we drew Chelsea at home in the cup at half time whilst we were playing Scarborough. Only for us to completely bottle it 2nd half and get beat comfortably.

I remember that. They had a winger that day called Ashley Sestanovich and he absolutely destroyed us down the left. 

just looked and it was 2003. We beat Ford utd in the first round. 

34 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Yeh - that winger was a big tall guy, and didn't Horton play Levi Reid at full-back against him?!

Correct ! And where did their winning goal come from ? 

That was the only time in my 55 years watching Vale where I felt direct action was required.

I went around to the main entrance  after the game and sat beside Horton’s car so as I could question him face to face on his exit. I waited. And waited. And waited.

Everyone including the club cat came out. Except Horton. After about 90 minutes I gave up and went home !

Horton ? Fantastic player for us, but as a manager he was a complete disaster area.  

On a different tack, but are we the only league club to be knocked out of two different 1st class cup competitions by the same non league club in the same season ?

That season they beat us in the said FA Cup and also the LDV Trophy in the one year when conference sides were invited to take part.

But Horton ? Grrrrrrrrr

Archived