Fosse69

Match Thread: FAC1 Milton Keynes v Port Vale

Excellent result today. Well done the lads. A few more quid in the coffers for Kevin and Carol. Boils my piss that we are still having to pay that <ovf censored> for the dump he left behind. Any chance of suing him under the sale of goods act?

Smurthwaite did save the club at the time then majorly fcuked it up. We are one club now and one set of supporters behind this great club. Each and everyone of us have got this wonderful club at heart. No recriminations. Together we go forward. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Class personified said:

Smurthwaite did save the club . 

Come on. Bought it at a knock down price through a front. Move on yes, but still hate the bastard,

• Like 2

Hate is a strong word which in the context of what is going on in the world I personally would reserve for other people. The guy was an inept chairman of a football club, my club and yours, who had no affinity to this club or it’s community. Complete contrast to Carol. ‘Hate’ no. Glad he’s gone? Yes. 

• Like 1

Why is anyone still talking about Smurf? Those dark days are in the rear view mirror and that p*ick will never darken our door again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Why is anyone still talking about Smurf? Those dark days are in the rear view mirror and that p*ick will never darken our door again.

Because he is still draining money out of the club. That is why. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather expunge him from my memory, 

Because he is still draining money out of the club. That is why. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather expunge him from my memory, 
I just feel that there is so much positive going on at the moment, let's champion that rather than focus on that ball bag.

I understand what youre saying though, the sooner that stadium debt is paid off the better.
  • Like 1

Fully understand our hatred towards our previous chairman, but have to agree, his name should never be mentioned AGAIN. We are all grown up so let’s not let him know that we still talk about him or even think about him. The results will do the talking, Id be surprised if he ever read this or any other social media as long as he gets the money. Onwards and upwards 

Thought this thread was about today’s game, not for people to harp on with the same old same old <ovf censored> about Smurf?

It was a good performance today against a side who may not have threatened too much but who had good movement in midfield and up front and they kept the ball well, which meant it was a test for us. We showed really good organisation and resilience and some glimpses of quality as well. The goal was excellent and we really should have scored again in the first half, in particular Bennett. Second half we didn’t keep the ball quite as well, but even so we still got in to some good positions, but didn’t have the quality in the end product. Read a few comments about Monty on here, personally I thought he defended well today but had a bad game with the ball. No doubt his pace is an asset on that side and with 2 full backs with pace who are able to go forward it’s really added some balance to us. But Monty is doing well as a defender so far, even though he may look an little unorthodox at times. Having said that about Monty.... Burgess almost cost us more than once in the second half with his use of the ball when we were breaking down the right and overall I think their (dons) strength and quality in the midfield over ran him and Taylor at times, but we came through it well and we were deserving of the win IMO. They didn’t have that many clear cut chances and brown didn’t have many difficult saves to make either. MOM today was either Worrall for his tireless running, being a constant outlet and obviously the goal or gibbons who defended well throughout, organised, got forward and also got the assist too.

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Class personified said:

Hate is a strong word which in the context of what is going on in the world I personally would reserve for other people. The guy was an inept chairman of a football club, my club and yours, who had no affinity to this club or it’s community. Complete contrast to Carol. ‘Hate’ no. Glad he’s gone? Yes. 

Hate is definately a strong word which why I will use now. I hate Smurf with a passion. 

Great result to wake up to, wrll done Askey, prived me wrong again, keep doing it. I will take it all season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Class personified said:

Hate is a strong word which in the context of what is going on in the world I personally would reserve for other people.....‘Hate’ no. Glad he’s gone? Yes. 

You don't understand the depths he sank to in his contempt for the club and for you as a fan. Some of the awful, awful narcissistic things he did. It'll all come out in the wash one day.

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Thought this thread was about today’s game, not for people to harp on with the same old same old <ovf censored> about Smurf?

Everyone is joyous about the result. Everyone loves the new owners. No problem. We are on the up, at last. But fact is that fat pig is still draining money out of the club. That is a fact. So it is not "harping on about". Just pointing out facts. 

Edited by toyahw

2 hours ago, Class personified said:

He would have happily and willingly liquidated this club if Carol hadn't paid 5 times the market valuation. I know this for a 100% fact.

Hate is an entirely appropriate word.

20 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Hate is an entirely appropriate word.

Yes, it is a strong word. But appropriate in this case.

33 minutes ago, Joe B said:

He would have happily and willingly liquidated this club if Carol hadn't paid 5 times the market valuation. I know this for a 100% fact.

Hate is an entirely appropriate word. had to 

Absolutely. And this  it not some kind of moan or looking back.. The chap is still taking money out of the club. Carol and Kevin have to pay  in installments for the dark hole he left behind. Makes me very very angry  he got away with it.

There seems to be a class of arse holes who somehow can just get away with whatever. He seems to be one. 

Edited by toyahw

17 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Absolutely. And this  it not some kind of moan or looking back.. The chap is still taking money out of the club. Carol and Kevin have to pay  in installments for the dark hole he left behind. Makes me very very angry  he got away with it.

There seems to be a class of arse holes who somehow can just get away with whatever. He seems to be one. 

I understand your disdain of the turd in question mate but don't let it detract from the euphoria of the moment..... he has taken enough.... don't give him that.

6 minutes ago, geosname said:

I understand your disdain of the turd in question mate but don't let it detract from the euphoria of the moment..... he has taken enough.... don't give him that.

It doesn't detract from anything Geo. Well done the lads. We are doing just fine. The fact he is still draining funds just gets right on my pecks. Sorry. But it annoys me.

Edited by toyahw

1 hour ago, toyahw said:

It doesn't detract from anything Geo. Well done the lads. We are doing just fine. The fact he is still draining funds just gets right on my pecks. Sorry. But it annoys me.

Don't be sorry mate..... it is annoying..... but he ain't worth it.

I would offer him some colonic irrigation with bleach and a wire brush followed by a vinegar flush.... but he ain't worth the vinegar.

• Like 1