Fosse69

Match Thread: FAC1 Milton Keynes v Port Vale

14 minutes ago, JRC said:

Probably enough to fund Atkinson for the rest of the season.

£36K is it? Fantastic - a nice incoming that the Shanahans thoroughly deserve (and Askey, if he gets to spend any of it on the playing budget).

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

£36K is it? Fantastic - a nice incoming that the Shanahans thoroughly deserve (and Askey, if he gets to spend any of it on the playing budget).

If we beat Newcastle mid week that's a 46k windfall, plus a share of gate receipts from the second round of the FA cup. If we're still in both competitions at Christmas we'll have a minimum of 110k extra within the club. Hopefully some fans will turn up mid week as I think we get to keep all the receipts.

19 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Great result!

Fingers crosses for a nice draw to get us through to the third round and a potential big pay day!

JA working wonders! 

SVA!

No goals conceded in open play for 5 games.
Is the iron curtain back?

• Like 1

Just listened to JA and he is so grounded and tells you as it is.  Great to listen to it and as he said - "the team is now knowing how to play as a team.  But there is still things that need to be improved on and they know this".

I could be wrong but have all of our clean sheets this season been when monty has been at LB? we look much better defensively regardless without crookes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Class personified said:

Hopefully rest the first team on Tuesday night. 

Took the words out of my mouth. Imperative that Worrall, Legge, Smith, Gibbons, Monty, Taylor and Brown are given some time off.

A great match that I really enjoyed watching. However MK Dons missed so many chances, never seen anything like it. We were great first half but they held the ball well and passed it around with flair in the 2nd.

They must have brought barely 2k fans as the stadium looked empty, although Vale fans in great voice. 

Worrall and Montano stole the show, utterly brilliant. We looked very well organised and this was a credit to Askey. So well organised defensively. Smith and Legge were error free throughout. Best I have seen both in ages. 

• Like 1

Well done lads!  at last giving the traveling Valiants something to shout about, so good to be a vale fan at the mo! Made my weekend ! 

Bet Carol ran into the changing room to cheer the lads on again.  Great win and you could hear the Vale fans out singing MKs fans.

Looking forward to monday draw now.

26 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

At least we know the prize money is going back into funding the club and not a back pocket.

Exactly... still makes my p*ss boil that there were fans on here saying that Scumthwaite should be left alone and not harassed! How stupid they look now! Rest assured it will not be forgotten!

Carol and Kevin are the saviours of our club, and what’s magic is they recognise is as OUR club. They truly want to make it a better place for the fans and the community! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I could be wrong but have all of our clean sheets this season been when monty has been at LB? we look much better defensively regardless without crookes

Not surprising as some of us have been saying since the end of last season that left-back is a weak link when Crookes is there, and that we need better - that's not intending to be a nasty dig towards him as he clearly gives his all, but he just looks unsuited and uncomfortable at left-back.

The worry is that Askey seems to regard him as his preferred first-choice at left-back, and will put him straight back in when fit again.

• Like 1

Fantastic result! I don't think I've ever seen us win at MK so I was dreading this when it was pulled out of the hat but they were magnificent.