Fosse69

Match Thread: FAC1 Milton Keynes v Port Vale

10 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

I've got "man flu" at present but hope to be fit for Saturday. Can we pay at the gate there or get a ticket from a kiosk there?

I was in the ticket office on Tuesday and the male behind the desk said that you can pay in the gate

A big game and a very hard one too .

Would love Vale to progress a big ask but if we throw ourselves at the ball and keep the ball out of our net like we did v Crewe then i feel we have goals in us especially from the fantastic quality of ball in from Worrall whether that be a corner or cross in open play or a free kick .

Would love Vale to win so that we give the club more structure because of you get say Arsenal away third round then financially that’s gotta strengthen the club and let’s face it it also gets more bums on seats and that’s what it’s all about and creates a healthy interest in the club .

Thats what the Rudge years did .

UTV 

Despite it not being a great away day, I'm pretty excited for it, going but not sure if by train or car yet. Just hope the performance is the kind of the Bradford/Crewe games, rather than the Macc/Oldham ones.

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 22:13, Diko1876 said:

Any good betting odds for FA CUP?

A Vale/Barnsley double pays 8/1. MK have scored 2 goals in there last 10 and have hired a Michael Brown-esque manager in Russell Martin. Stoke are awful but Barnsley looked pretty good in the game against Bristol last week, and somehow they aren't the favourites at home.

Edited by Walka003
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Despite it not being a great away day, I'm pretty excited for it, going but not sure if by train or car yet. Just hope the performance is the kind of the Bradford/Crewe games, rather than the Macc/Oldham ones.

The "pressure" is off for this FA Cup tie. I believe the lads will relax and enjoy it to the extent we will NOT lose. I would not be averse to a replay, to keep fans interested and the "buzz" around Vale Park. 

• Like 3

A Vale/Barnsley double pays 8/1. MK have scored 2 goals in there last 10 and have hired a Michael Brown-esque manager in Russell Martin. Stoke are awful but Barnsley looked pretty good in the game against Bristol last week, and somehow they aren't the favourites at home.
Might you get better odds on a Vale/Stoke double? I can see O'Neil having an immediate impact at Stoke.

4 hours ago, The French Connection said:
On 08/11/2019 at 09:48, Walka003 said:

Might you get better odds on a Vale/Stoke double? I can see O'Neil having an immediate impact at Stoke.

Dead cat bounce.

Come on Vale.  Good or even an ugly win today would be good.

Nice cup run would be good for the club and would provide some income to get players in Jan window.

• Like 3