onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC1 Milton Keynes v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Class personified said:

Hate is a strong word which in the context of what is going on in the world I personally would reserve for other people.....‘Hate’ no. Glad he’s gone? Yes. 

You don't understand the depths he sank to in his contempt for the club and for you as a fan. Some of the awful, awful narcissistic things he did. It'll all come out in the wash one day.

Advert

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Thought this thread was about today’s game, not for people to harp on with the same old same old <ovf censored> about Smurf?

Everyone is joyous about the result. Everyone loves the new owners. No problem. We are on the up, at last. But fact is that fat pig is still draining money out of the club. That is a fact. So it is not "harping on about". Just pointing out facts. 

2 hours ago, Class personified said:

Hate is a strong word which in the context of what is going on in the world I personally would reserve for other people. The guy was an inept chairman of a football club, my club and yours, who had no affinity to this club or it’s community. Complete contrast to Carol. ‘Hate’ no. Glad he’s gone? Yes. 

He would have happily and willingly liquidated this club if Carol hadn't paid 5 times the market valuation. I know this for a 100% fact.

Hate is an entirely appropriate word.

33 minutes ago, Joe B said:

He would have happily and willingly liquidated this club if Carol hadn't paid 5 times the market valuation. I know this for a 100% fact.

Hate is an entirely appropriate word. had to 

Absolutely. And this  it not some kind of moan or looking back.. The chap is still taking money out of the club. Carol and Kevin have to pay  in installments for the dark hole he left behind. Makes me very very angry  he got away with it.

There seems to be a class of arse holes who somehow can just get away with whatever. He seems to be one. 

17 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Absolutely. And this  it not some kind of moan or looking back.. The chap is still taking money out of the club. Carol and Kevin have to pay  in installments for the dark hole he left behind. Makes me very very angry  he got away with it.

There seems to be a class of arse holes who somehow can just get away with whatever. He seems to be one. 

I understand your disdain of the turd in question mate but don't let it detract from the euphoria of the moment..... he has taken enough.... don't give him that.

6 minutes ago, geosname said:

I understand your disdain of the turd in question mate but don't let it detract from the euphoria of the moment..... he has taken enough.... don't give him that.

It doesn't detract from anything Geo. Well done the lads. We are doing just fine. The fact he is still draining funds just gets right on my pecks. Sorry. But it annoys me.

1 hour ago, toyahw said:

It doesn't detract from anything Geo. Well done the lads. We are doing just fine. The fact he is still draining funds just gets right on my pecks. Sorry. But it annoys me.

Don't be sorry mate..... it is annoying..... but he ain't worth it.

I would offer him some colonic irrigation with bleach and a wire brush followed by a vinegar flush.... but he ain't worth the vinegar.

5 hours ago, toyahw said:

Everyone is joyous about the result. Everyone loves the new owners. No problem. We are on the up, at last. But fact is that fat pig is still draining money out of the club. That is a fact. So it is not "harping on about". Just pointing out facts. 

So you think the matchday thread where we’ve just beaten a league 1 club is the thread to derail?

Start a new thread for it then.

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

So you think the matchday thread where we’ve just beaten a league 1 club is the thread to derail?

Start a new thread for it then.

The more success we have the more it will rankle untill he is gone.... its a grim reminder.

Great result yesterday.

12 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

“He”... there were many of them 😉

Just realised I totally misinterpreted your comment @Yukon

Thats what’s a few celebration drinks will do! Haha

Yes I agree he isn’t worth the time of day. I think yesterday’s result brought back up some bad memories given the way the prize money would have been treated had jabba the hut still been around!

Thank Goodness for Carol and Kevin!!

Not a massive fan of the 'don't mention Norman's name' angle.

Remembering what he did do, and intended to do, makes these better times all the more enjoyable and memorable.

Norman Smurthwaite's tenure, and the proximity we came to completely going bump (as in, no Port Vale on a Saturday at all), is an important part of our history and will define this club's trajectory for years to come.

And 'hate' is a really strong word; if people were aware of the full extent of the things this man had done, was doing, and intended to do, hate becomes a very flattering word for the man.

Don't forget Norman.

Who’s Norman?

Lets put that pain and anguish away and enjoy the efforts to turn this club back into the proud old girl she was before...

Enjoy not losing most weeks, enjoy not watching us struggling to cope with sides with a far far smaller budget and fan base less than we take some away games, enjoy competing and scoring goals, enjoy waking up on a Sunday still buzzing for the first times in three years.

Enjoy wearing the badge with pride and not embarrassment... most of all let’s enjoy this ride with its ups and up to this point relatively few downs.

I know I am.

12 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Who’s Norman?

Lets put that pain and anguish away and enjoy the efforts to turn this club back into the proud old girl she was before...

Enjoy not losing most weeks, enjoy not watching us struggling to cope with sides with a far far smaller budget and fan base less than we take some away games, enjoy competing and scoring goals, enjoy waking up on a Sunday still buzzing for the first times in three years.

Enjoy wearing the badge with pride and not embarrassment... most of all let’s enjoy this ride with its ups and up to this point relatively few downs.

I know I am.

Yes but all of that is much more important when you remember what we've been through. We're buzzing for the first time in 3 years precisely because of what Norman did.

Remembering that one man nearly voluntarily liquidated us 6 months ago doesn't stop us putting what we can into getting this club back where it should be. It doesn't stop me enjoying the games, the wins, and wearing the badge with pride.

I would say it makes all of the above far more important and far more enjoyable. I'm now able to be far more philosophical about the Vale, because if it wasn't for the work undertaken by the Shanahans in the early part of 2019, I wouldn't have a Port Vale to enjoy.

I completely get your standpoint, and you do you. In my view, I intend to remember what Norman wanted to do to us for a long time, so when we're back where we should be, its all the more sweeter.

Archived