onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Luke Joyce

Jacko51

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

A signing derided as cheap and lazy by a select few; has more than done a job for us in a time where we have few central midfielders.

Ahhhhh yes, the armchair pundits happily forget how they slated his signing when he starts performing. 

Advert

39 minutes ago, cheshirevaliant said:

Contract run out? I think it was announced as a "short term" deal at the time. I suppose he will have been here for a month. 

Can’t believe we haven’t extended his contract.Especially now Montano is injured.

Atkinson had a good pedigree and fitted straight into the team when signed.

Joyce has upped his game this season and yesterday at Crewe was one of his best games.

He also helped Taylor and Burgess to run the midfield against a quick and mobile Crewe team.

Just now, Erniemossrules said:

Can’t believe we haven’t extended his contract.Especially now Montano is injured.

Joyce has upped his game this season and yesterday at Crewe was one of his best games.

He also helped Taylor and Burgess to run the midfield against a quick and mobile Crewe team.

I've no idea if it has actually run out. Just seemed logical as I don't think it was ever released how long he was with us for. I'm indifferent to him staying or going. Grateful for the winner at Bradford and he did tolerably well in Gibbons' absence vs Morecambe but I'm not sure he gets into our first XI and with Conlon getting closer to fitness, maybe Askey prefers to keep his spare change for January. 

Luke Joyce is really looking a very good player now, passes the ball well, does get stuck in when needed, is the fulchrum of the team, always makes himself available and his celebrations after Vale goals are a testimony to his determination and commitment. Long may it continue.

Think Atkinson was just injured rather than left

Does the person in the Railway, refer to Joyce as the crab? It isn’t me I only have a question mark over one player and it’s not Joyce. I have to agree he was magnificent yesterday and when he put that forward (a big unit  who Crewe brought on, on his backside I thought it was hilarious.

once again it wasn’t the result yesterday that mattered, it was the togetherness and effort. 

Simple enough for me. Joyce is that vital cog in the machinery that you’d notice more if he wasn’t there. Influential, creates stability and keeps the ball rolling. Also noted by several other posters and not by coincidence, that Taylor and Burgess are quickly developing in to potentially the first choice midfielders playing  in front of Joyce, meaning that Conlon and Manny will have to up their game and work rate to dislodge them. Right now that’s going to be difficult, providing Taylor and Burgess continue to perform and progress, especially considering that this is a midfield that is still learning how to knit together. 

On 02/11/2019 at 21:28, Jacko51 said:

I wish the guy who sits in front of me in the Railway Stand bad mouthing Joyce would get himself to some away games so he could see how important Luke Joyce is to our midfield.  Another immense performance from him today.

Did this person miraculously go quiet when Joyce scored the other week? He's always moaning about him. When, as others have said he's consistently been one of our best performers this season.

I remember Eric Cantona deriding Didier Deschamps by calling him a "water carrier". Deschamps replied with "every team needs its water carriers". 

I'm with Deschamps - Joyce's role may be underappreciated by some, but he mops up the attacks, plays simple, sensible balls and keeps everything ticking. I suspect having an experienced block behind them probably giving them advice throughout the game is also helping the inexperienced Messrs Burgess and Taylor too.

11 minutes ago, robf said:

I remember Eric Cantona deriding Didier Deschamps by calling him a "water carrier". Deschamps replied with "every team needs its water carriers". 

I'm with Deschamps - Joyce's role may be underappreciated by some, but he mops up the attacks, plays simple, sensible balls and keeps everything ticking. I suspect having an experienced block behind them probably giving them advice throughout the game is also helping the inexperienced Messrs Burgess and Taylor too.

In Thowd dees we used ter have numpties deriding Goober - but everyone of his team mates and manager appreciated what he did. Often there are heroes in the team that are unappreciated by the twonks in the Paddock, who are invariably unknowing and pissed up, or just "basic Twonks". They normally dont have any friends around them either - bit like EMR

Archived