Jacko51

Luke Joyce

I wish the guy who sits in front of me in the Railway Stand bad mouthing Joyce would get himself to some away games so he could see how important Luke Joyce is to our midfield.  Another immense performance from him today.
Absolutely. He's integral to anything we do

First name on the team sheet.

Our midfield is kept together by Joyce. He's played with Manny, Conlon, Worrall, Burgess, Taylor, Atkinson already this year, and hasn't had a bad game.

Brilliant distribution, a cool head, tough in the tackle, experience, great leadership.

Love him. Proper passion whenever we score or win. Class player and pro.

• Like 2

Totally agree. Just because he doesn't go about kicking lumps out of players doesn't make him a bad player. He was excellent once more yesterday

Another player similar to Worrall who is a completely different player under this manager.

Integral part of the team. Knits everything together.

Just wish people would understand this when they boo ( at home games) if the ball goes backwards. 

Joyce's problem last year was him and Kay were playing the same game and treading on each other's toes. Under a more attack minded manager, he has been the glue that has held the midfield together in many games this year. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, cheshirevaliant said:

Joyce's problem last year was him and Kay were playing the same game and treading on each other's toes. Under a more attack minded manager, he has been the glue that has held the midfield together in many games this year. 

Quite often in front of a back three as well. There was a lot of redundancy in Aspin’s formation towards the end and it was no wonder we struggled to register many shots on target. 

I’m still not 100% on him, it’s more like 80% at the minute but I don’t dislike him that much which is something I suppose. 

• Like 1

I was excited by Joyce coming here after the way he ran the show when Carlisle came to Vale Park at the end of the previous season. He was, however, very disappointing last season but I think Cheshire Valiant has nailed the reason why. This season I have him only below Worrall on how he’s performed. Burgess and Taylor have helped provide him with the perfect platform to show us what a quality player he is. It’s player I thought we was bringing to Vale Park. Calm on the ball as well as off it. Doesn’t usually waste a pass. Shields the back four and always gives a 100%. Every team should have a Joyce. I’m just glad we’ve got this one. 

3 minutes ago, cheshirevaliant said:

I thought Burgess had his best game for us by some distance yesterday, going off at a slight tangent. 

Very tidy and full of running. Didn't lose posession and was often the second player to press behind Bennett.

A signing derided as cheap and lazy by a select few; has more than done a job for us in a time where we have few central midfielders.

Anyone know where Atkinson was yesterday? Wasn't on the bench.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

A signing derided as cheap and lazy by a select few; has more than done a job for us in a time where we have few central midfielders.

Ahhhhh yes, the armchair pundits happily forget how they slated his signing when he starts performing. 

39 minutes ago, cheshirevaliant said:

Contract run out? I think it was announced as a "short term" deal at the time. I suppose he will have been here for a month. 

Can’t believe we haven’t extended his contract.Especially now Montano is injured.

Atkinson had a good pedigree and fitted straight into the team when signed.

Joyce has upped his game this season and yesterday at Crewe was one of his best games.

He also helped Taylor and Burgess to run the midfield against a quick and mobile Crewe team.

Just now, Erniemossrules said:

Can’t believe we haven’t extended his contract.Especially now Montano is injured.

Atkinson had a good pedigree and fitted straight into the team when signed.

Joyce has upped his game this season and yesterday at Crewe was one of his best games.

He also helped Taylor and Burgess to run the midfield against a quick and mobile Crewe team.

I've no idea if it has actually run out. Just seemed logical as I don't think it was ever released how long he was with us for. I'm indifferent to him staying or going. Grateful for the winner at Bradford and he did tolerably well in Gibbons' absence vs Morecambe but I'm not sure he gets into our first XI and with Conlon getting closer to fitness, maybe Askey prefers to keep his spare change for January. 

51 minutes ago, cheshirevaliant said:

Contract run out? I think it was announced as a "short term" deal at the time. I suppose he will have been here for a month. 

RS said he was injured. According to the Sentinel his deal is until Jan.

Edited by toyahw
  • Thanks 1

Luke Joyce is really looking a very good player now, passes the ball well, does get stuck in when needed, is the fulchrum of the team, always makes himself available and his celebrations after Vale goals are a testimony to his determination and commitment. Long may it continue.