Jump to content
mr.hobblesworth

General Erection - 12th December 2019

Recommended Posts

I see that our Jeremy is going to turn Chequers into a homeless hostel and John McDonnell is giving No11 Downing street over to the homeless as well,that should be good for security..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Johnson had also refused an interview with ITV.

The man is a coward and a liar, much like alot of his supporters.

Fair comment.

As far as I'm aware many of the Labour politicians mentioned have been travelling around the country, visiting lots of constituencies, giving speeches and meeting the public every single day. I've seen them on TV or heard them on the radio all the time. On many occasions. So let's try and stick to the truth and not peddle lies. Hard for many, I know, but give it a go.

Johnson dare not get out and meet people in case he cops deserved criticism or puts his foot in it, on top of his law breaking, lies and deceit. I think the people of Liverpool would lynch him if he went there and after his appalling comments on black people, poor people, LGBT people and many more it's little wonder he keeps away.

It's fascinating that all the folk wanting a hard right government have never made any defence of their 10 years in power and only resorted to mud slinging and fake news.

No-one has yet made out a compelling case for Tory policies in the last ten years - and even Johnson is trying to absolve himself from it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mario said:

I see that our Jeremy is going to turn Chequers into a homeless hostel and John McDonnell is giving No11 Downing street over to the homeless as well,that should be good for security..........

Please accept my apologies apparently the lefts favourite paper the Daily Mail are running a story saying Jezza might not be able to do it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7760103/Jeremy-Corbyn-admits-NOT-able-let-homeless-live-Chequers.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mario said:

I see that our Jeremy is going to turn Chequers into a homeless hostel and John McDonnell is giving No11 Downing street over to the homeless as well,that should be good for security..........

The McDonnell story dates back to September.  Old news.  And he didn't say he would, he said he might so that he could continue living in his constituency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Yes my bad sorry, Queen.

 

Anyway, let's get back to Corbyn shall we....

 

To be fair that would apply (responses in the video) no matter which party it was directed at..... a lot of political believers aren't bothered by the truth, if they were they wouldn't believe with the blind faith they do.

Politicians lie..... does it make a difference if one lies more than the other?

Typical video format, a person is lied to to initiate a reaction, the lie reinforces what they want to believe, the truth is revealed and they mentally close the door on the truth and overreact to compensate..... they believe what they want to believe, but how can you believe when you know politicians lie?

Simple example how politics is conducted now.... imagine its Friday December 6th..... Boris  says it's Thursday the 6th and is ridiculed by Labour supporters, Jezza corrects him and says it's Saturday the 7th.... both are wrong.... Tory supporters would say jezza got both wrong, Labour supporters would say Boris was wrong first.... and on it would go.

The country, the people are crying out for truth and honesty and are treated like mushrooms.

A pox on all their houses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

The fact that Johnson's advisors are telling him to stay away from scrutiny shows that even they think he's useless!

From a strategy perspective they could be saying if it isn't broken don't try to fix it.

Is it mainly Labour supporters wanting him to appear so he can hopefully  bring himself down? 

He is useless by they way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheSage said:

Fair comment.

As far as I'm aware many of the Labour politicians mentioned have been travelling around the country, visiting lots of constituencies, giving speeches and meeting the public every single day. I've seen them on TV or heard them on the radio all the time. On many occasions. So let's try and stick to the truth and not peddle lies. Hard for many, I know, but give it a go.

Johnson dare not get out and meet people in case he cops deserved criticism or puts his foot in it, on top of his law breaking, lies and deceit. I think the people of Liverpool would lynch him if he went there and after his appalling comments on black people, poor people, LGBT people and many more it's little wonder he keeps away.

It's fascinating that all the folk wanting a hard right government have never made any defence of their 10 years in power and only resorted to mud slinging and fake news.

No-one has yet made out a compelling case for Tory policies in the last ten years - and even Johnson is trying to absolve himself from it!

You keep saying hard right, I've pulled you up on it multiple times.

 

Are you avoiding scrutiny? 

 

Do you know what hard right is and if you do, how are you possibly applying that label to the current prospective government? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

You keep saying hard right, I've pulled you up on it multiple times.

 

Are you avoiding scrutiny? 

 

Do you know what hard right is and if you do, how are you possibly applying that label to the current prospective government? 

For some in Labour (painful business) Blair and Brown are far right.... but it's the same in reverse with the Tories 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dominic Cummings has quite a hard line approach to running campaigns where he believes his candidate is leading the polls.  That is to stop them saying or doing anything because his belief is that if you are out in front then you can only lose votes by opening ones mouth.

He has Boris shackles.  This means he avoids any kind of scrutiny and he cant be trusted not to make a cock up under pressure.  I would rather all candidates were out on show, cock ups and all.  They will all make them but it gives us a better idea of them.  The fact that Boris is avoiding the toughest questions just further adds to my belief that he is unfit to be PM.  How anybody can vote for a man who avoids the truth like it's the plague is beyond me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, geosname said:

From a strategy perspective they could be saying if it isn't broken don't try to fix it.

Is it mainly Labour supporters wanting him to appear so he can hopefully  bring himself down? 

He is useless by they way.

It's in the interest if everybody that he is properly scrutinised.  In 2010 and 2015 it was the debates and interviews that convinced me to vote Nick Clegg and then Cameron.  Boris is by far the most charismatic amoungst them all but he has no chance of winning my vote as he wont face scrutiny over his shameful record of lies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheSage said:

Fair comment.

As far as I'm aware many of the Labour politicians mentioned have been travelling around the country, visiting lots of constituencies, giving speeches and meeting the public every single day. I've seen them on TV or heard them on the radio all the time. On many occasions. So let's try and stick to the truth and not peddle lies. Hard for many, I know, but give it a go.

Johnson dare not get out and meet people in case he cops deserved criticism or puts his foot in it, on top of his law breaking, lies and deceit. I think the people of Liverpool would lynch him if he went there and after his appalling comments on black people, poor people, LGBT people and many more it's little wonder he keeps away.

It's fascinating that all the folk wanting a hard right government have never made any defence of their 10 years in power and only resorted to mud slinging and fake news.

No-one has yet made out a compelling case for Tory policies in the last ten years - and even Johnson is trying to absolve himself from it!

Not true. Johnson has been on the streets campaigning exactly the same. He was in Weston a few weeks ago where he visited a homeless shelter, the local hospital and walked the high street where he was met by left wing demonstrators. It might not make the press like Corbyn likes to highlight when he does these things but I think you will find all party leaders will be out on the campaign trail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

The fact that Johnson's advisors are telling him to stay away from scrutiny shows that even they think he's useless!

I think Johnson is a decent at interviews, far better than Corbyn but I agree, he should do the ITV interview.

I thought it was because May was <ovf censored> at debates as to why she avoided them but it seems to be the Conservative policy to avoid confrontation which IMO shouldn’t be the case, maybe it is because they are clear favourites but I don’t think it will be good for them. Cameron didn’t shy away and was very good at debates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Not true. Johnson has been on the streets campaigning exactly the same. He was in Weston a few weeks ago where he visited a homeless shelter, the local hospital and walked the high street where he was met by left wing demonstrators. It might not make the press like Corbyn likes to highlight when he does these things but I think you will find all party leaders will be out on the campaign trail.

I don’t want to hear that Johnson was on the streets campaigning in front of three men and a dog. I want to see him on national television in front of the whole country defending the record of this Conservative government over the last nine years and persuading me why I should vote for him. The fact that Cummings and Co have no faith in his ability to do so without making a cock up is very telling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

I think Johnson is a decent at interviews, far better than Corbyn

Really? I think he's only done two, one of which was widely regarded as a draw with JC (that rubbish first ITV one) and the other he was incompetent in. I think that's had a big bearing on why he's refusing the Andrew Neil and ITV ones. He doesn't debate, he blusters, sidetracks and makes the lines he's fed by advisors so obvious that they end up being met with groans rather than applause. Corbyn (and all other politicians) do it some degree but it's far more blatant with Johnson. 

As an aside, was there one on last night? I saw it was "leaders debate" trending on twitter with lots of pro-Corbyn comments but couldn't see anything in the listings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

A senior Conservative source has claimed the public are “fed up” with TV interviews that are “all about the interviewer”.

It comes after veteran broadcaster Andrew Neil called on Boris Johnson to face him in an interview. The Tory candidate for prime minister has refused to do an interview on Neil’s BBC show.

“The public are fed up with interviews that are all about the interviewer and endless interruptions,” said the source.

“The format is broken and needs to change if it is to start engaging and informing the public again."

Expect to see this being pushed by Johnson's apologists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Not true. Johnson has been on the streets campaigning exactly the same. He was in Weston a few weeks ago where he visited a homeless shelter, the local hospital and walked the high street where he was met by left wing demonstrators. It might not make the press like Corbyn likes to highlight when he does these things but I think you will find all party leaders will be out on the campaign trail.

No. Johnson has not done what everyone else has done. Cummings won't let him because he knows he's a liability.

He's scuttled around safe seats  - like Weston and the south-west. He stage managed his boat interview the other day when no-one knew he was there. Blimey an ass with a blue rosette would win in Weston.

He's avoided ITV, Andrew Neil, Newsnight, Channel 4 and the climate change debate.

He's banned a journalist from his battle bus.

He's closed down questions and walked off stage when he can't cope.

He's refused to do his own hustings, not once but twice.

So, yeah, let's pretend he is available to scrutiny in the same way as everyone else, and he's a very honest and open man.

Actually he isn't.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Expect to see this being pushed by Johnson's apologists.

So why didn't they say that at the beginning of the process instead of going through a long, filbustering negotiation about dates and places with the Beeb?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy