onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

21 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

It determined who ran the country for the next few years--that's what GE's do!  What did you expect it to do--solve the world's ills, stop disease & famine internationally? I suggest you Google or dictionary-check the word "Democracy"

It was 2 years ago. Youre pretending another one will solve the brexit issue. The last one was designed to do the same. It did not. 

Don't patronise me. I know what democracy means.

26 minutes ago, geosname said:

No right under law?....... are you serious?...... how many bodies were found in a truck?..... do immigrants/refugees follow the law?

They had no right under law. I am serious.

The poster made out all these syrian refugees were all coming to the UK. It says we must break free from the EU and take back control. The point is by law we already had the control. Illegal immigration is a complete separate issue.

Do immigrants follow the law? Are you seriously suggesting legal immigrants that come to the UK don't? 

And for those illegal immigrants who risk their lives trying to move...you must really be desperate to leave to do the things they do.

37 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

I think you'll find that in every one of those general elections the defeated side accepted the result.  Not so in the case of the EU referendum!

Spot on,I've said on numerous occasions that you need the losing team to accept the result and move on.

Let's hope that those who lose the next election do the honourable thing and try again in five years time.

43 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

It determined who ran the country for the next few years--that's what GE's do!  What did you expect it to do--solve the world's ills, stop disease & famine internationally? I suggest you Google or dictionary-check the word "Democracy"

And what did we get?  The DUP, one of the most bigoted parties you’re ever likely to see. 

Corbyn reveals dossier of official documents that he says proves NHS 'up for sale' in UK-US trade talks

Jeremy Corbyn is speaking now.

He says, although only redacted documents of the talks between UK and US officials were released in response to a freedom of information request, Labour has now obtained 451 pages of documents about what was discussed.

A Channel 4 Dispatches investigation first revealed these talks.

Corbyn brandishes the new documents. He says they leave “Boris Johnson’s denials in absolute tatters”.

He says these papers show that “the NHS is on the table and will be up for sale” in a UK-US trade deal.

There have been six rounds of talks, he says. But he says effectively it is all one negotiation.

54 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

I think you'll find that in every one of those general elections the defeated side accepted the result.  Not so in the case of the EU referendum!

As I pointed out in a previous post which you must have missed, this is certainly not always the case.  Heath in '74 spent days trying to cling on to power despite having less seats than Labour.  He tried to get the Unionists and the Liberals to form a pact with him but failed and had to resign.

If you believe for one minute that the party which loses an election does anything other than "accept the result" with their fingers firmly crossed behind their backs before doing their damnedest to overturn the result next time around you're deluded.

Theresa May, a remainer, accepted that "Brexit means Brexit" and actually got a deal to bring it about only for 118 members of her own party not to accept the "will of the people" and vote it through.  How were the ERG and their mates upholding democracy by doing that??

31 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Andrew batters everyone to be honest,Swinson and Johnson will get the same treatment.

He's the most impartial of them all and he would have been my choice to host QT instead of Fiona Bruce.

Ha, Ha, Murdock`s sidekick impartial !!!!

1 hour ago, ginge said:

They had no right under law. I am serious.

The poster made out all these syrian refugees were all coming to the UK. It says we must break free from the EU and take back control. The point is by law we already had the control. Illegal immigration is a complete separate issue.

Do immigrants follow the law? Are you seriously suggesting legal immigrants that come to the UK don't? 

And for those illegal immigrants who risk their lives trying to move...you must really be desperate to leave to do the things they do.

If they are legal then they have the right under law..... make your mind up.

If we are in the EU,  under free movement we have little control. If we are in and by agreeing to the membership rules we have to allow free movement we should respect that..... however we should be warey of other members decisions on immigration.

Archived