onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

Just now, Fosse69 said:

A Question of picking the least worse? More of the same or a chance of change? 

Out of the frying pan and into the fire, I really fear for the younger generation who have to pick up the bill for Corbyns clap trap.

Just now, Mario said:

Aspirations or downright lying it's disgraceful,money does not grow on trees it has to earned. 

Governments can create money within reason, borrowing to invest will give a return, but borrowing for current expenditure only patches over the cracks,

1 minute ago, Mario said:

Out of the frying pan and into the fire, I really fear for the younger generation who have to pick up the bill for Corbyns clap trap.

Where is all the housing going to come from then? who is going to look after the sick and elderly then, Who is going to educate the young for better jobs then, Do we just let the country stagnate?

6 minutes ago, Mario said:

What about the young people picking up the bill for leaving the EU and not taking quicker action on climate change?

I think we all raise an eyebrow at the pledges in Labour's manifesto although in the austere and run down times in which we live the country is crying out for investment. The Tories have had 10 years to do something to help and they've blown their chance, widened the inequality gap and increased child poverty. It is a shameful, selfish record. Can we not afford to invest in our people is the real question.

Atlee's government had similar aims and policies and did a very good job despite similar hostility from vested interests. Governments often spend a lot more of their GDP. The USA is at 38%. Sweden at 50%. So Labour's 45% isn't exceptional by world or EU standards. But if it necessitates the very wealthy paying a little more and a crackdown on tax avoidance schemes for the good of the whole country then so be it. We need to think more about those worse off than ourselves and the run down public services on which we rely.

The Tories I'm afraid are little better at running the economy than Labour. You ask where will the money come from but I don't see many posters slating Johnson for his wasteful spending. £5 billion to buy off the DUP, £33 million compensation to the Channel Tunnel. £86 million to P&O and B Ferries. Billions wasted by Grayling. £100 million on adds for Oct 31st. £11 million on coins. £8 billion to date on No Deal preparations. And perhaps as much as £70-80 billion in lost revenue in the last 3-4 years because of Brexit, a lack of investment and the falling pound. 

We've had the slowest growth since I can remember. The debt has risen inexorably to £1.8 trillion. And for what? In the meantime we have a stupid hard Brexit on the table that will trash the economy and make life worse for us all - if everyone could only see it, as Heseltine, Blair and Major have done. That is the most severe threat to our economy. So suggesting that the Tories are wonderful housekeepers is nonsense.

It's Project Fear all over again because the privileged and vested interests don't want to pay any more than they have to and their friends in the press make sure we all get the message.

The worst threat to our economy is a hard or No Deal Brexit. Wake up and smell the coffee.

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

Where is all the housing going to come from then? who is going to look after the sick and elderly then, Who is going to educate the young for better jobs then, Do we just let the country stagnate?

Lets just hope it all works out, I pray it does I really do but common sense says there will be tears before bedtime.

2 minutes ago, TheSage said:

I think we all raise an eyebrow at the pledges in Labour's manifesto although in the austere and run down times in which we live the country is crying out for investment. The Tories have had 10 years to do something to help and they've blown their chance, widened the inequality gap and increased child poverty. It is a shameful, selfish record. Can we not afford to invest in our people is the real question.

Atlee's government had similar aims and policies and did a very good job despite similar hostility from vested interests. Governments often spend a lot more of their GDP. The USA is at 38%. Sweden at 50%. So Labour's 45% isn't exceptional by world or EU standards. But if it necessitates the very wealthy paying a little more and a crackdown on tax avoidance schemes for the good of the whole country then so be it. We need to think more about those worse off than ourselves and the run down public services on which we rely.

The Tories I'm afraid are little better at running the economy than Labour. You ask where will the money come from but I don't see many posters slating Johnson for his wasteful spending. £5 billion to buy off the DUP, £33 million compensation to the Channel Tunnel. £86 million to P&O and B Ferries. Billions wasted by Grayling. £100 million on adds for Oct 31st. £11 million on coins. £8 billion to date on No Deal preparations. And perhaps as much as £70-80 billion in lost revenue in the last 3-4 years because of Brexit, a lack of investment and the falling pound. 

We've had the slowest growth since I can remember. The debt has risen inexorably to £1.8 trillion. And for what? In the meantime we have a stupid hard Brexit on the table that will trash the economy and make life worse for us all - if everyone could only see it, as Heseltine, Blair and Major have done. That is the most severe threat to our economy. So suggesting that the Tories are wonderful housekeepers is nonsense.

It's Project Fear all over again because the privileged and vested interests don't want to pay any more than they have to and their friends in the press make sure we all get the message.

The worst threat to our economy is a hard or No Deal Brexit. Wake up and smell the coffee.

I agree the Conservatives have more than enough time to kick start the economy, and that is my point what a shambles.

And Sage if the debt is £1.8 trillion what will it be in 12 months ?

1 hour ago, Mario said:

future generations will be paying for Labours manifesto

With the conservatives pledging to not be carbon neutral until 2050, the future would be extremely bleak for the next generations.At least under Labour they won't be have to worry about picking their way past rough sleepers, not having sufficient mental health services and having to put up with teachers needing to crowdsource <ovf censored> pencils.

20 minutes ago, Mario said:

I agree the Conservatives have more than enough time to kick start the economy, and that is my point what a shambles.

And Sage if the debt is £1.8 trillion what will it be in 12 months ?

It was £1 trillion less when the Con/Labs took over.

No matter who wins the country is in the crapper..... whoever wins will screw it up and blame the opposition when they don't deliver their election promises.

I would prefer brutal honesty to the back slapping finger wagging crap we get.

I think Boris and jezza both face losing their leadership role if they don't win and the lib dems face a severe kicking when the results are read.

Archived