mr.hobblesworth

General Erection - 12th December 2019

2 hours ago, colin said:

Nigel Farage says he's all about democracy, yet cannot be voted for as an MP by the british public in this election and cannot be removed as party leader, yet wants to have all the influence and power with minimal responsibility. He's a coward. 

If he isn't standing as a candidate he can't be voted for.

I take it you mean he can't be voted out as leader by the public? Neither can Boris or jezza.

"wants to have all the influence and power with minimal responsibility"..... isn't that what all politicians seek?

The brexit party only has one objective, if that's ever completed they are done. It's a single instrument orchestra..... the others have a couple of fiddles and a banjo in the band and lots of percussion to make a noise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Was a low ball estimate on the total amount of UK money controlled by the EU. A gross amount before any rebates were deducted (although we didn't have full control over how we spent the rebates).

The figure itself is completely accurate and is demonstrable by ONS and EU official sources. In fact this year that gross figure is much closer to £400m (I can't remember exactly, possibly around £390m).

It was deliberately misleading,  just like the doom forecasts.

1 hour ago, geosname said:

If he isn't standing as a candidate he can't be voted for.

I take it you mean he can't be voted out as leader by the public? Neither can Boris or jezza.

"wants to have all the influence and power with minimal responsibility"..... isn't that what all politicians seek?

The brexit party only has one objective, if that's ever completed they are done. It's a single instrument orchestra..... the others have a couple of fiddles and a banjo in the band and lots of percussion to make a noise.

Thats my point- he isn't giving voters an option to vote for him. He's a self appointed leader who cannot be removed by members. 

All politicians seek that, but those who are in postions of responsibility can be held accountable for when things go wrong. 

They have one policy but have no way of delivering it. Before the Brexit party it was UKIP who were just the anti immagration party. There will always be a fascist pressure group of some sort whilst the likes are Farage are about. 

4 hours ago, colin said:

Thats my point- he isn't giving voters an option to vote for him. He's a self appointed leader who cannot be removed by members. 

All politicians seek that, but those who are in postions of responsibility can be held accountable for when things go wrong. 

They have one policy but have no way of delivering it. Before the Brexit party it was UKIP who were just the anti immagration party. There will always be a fascist pressure group of some sort whilst the likes are Farage are about. 

The people had the opportunity in the EU elections and voted him in.

It's easy to get rid of him as leader if members wanted to...... withold money, resign from the party, elected members leave the party and go independent.... seems quite popular with MPs......

At the moment the brexit party meps are only responsible for the EU.... until they get elected and step into the domestic arena.

They have no direct way of delivering brexit, unless they get a large number of candidates elected..... indirectly they may have influence.

I don't support the brexit party in any way..... but that's democracy as we know it..... anyone who meets the criteria can stand for election and get elected by the majority of the people in that area.

I wonder how many seats they would win if a proportional representation system was in place?

10 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Was a low ball estimate on the total amount of UK money controlled by the EU. A gross amount before any rebates were deducted (although we didn't have full control over how we spent the rebates).

The figure itself is completely accurate and is demonstrable by ONS and EU official sources. In fact this year that gross figure is much closer to £400m (I can't remember exactly, possibly around £390m).

Hahahahahahaha...  no point in even acknowledging your existence sunshine if you are trying to defend the brexit bus.

Hilarious, you really are.

Must leave Europe, must leave Europe, must tug Boris off, must leave Europe...

10 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Borrowing has reduced every year bar one since the Conservatives were in power so you are not correct there.

The debt has increased if that's what you mean, but borrowing has decreased. The last year was one of the lowest levels of borrowing by a UK Government since 2001.

They came to power with borrowing figures sky rocketing and they've reduced the deficit massively.

It would be great if we could pay for a massive welfare state but if it's not affordable then what are we supposed to do?

That's a complete fabrication.  Live telling lies you do sunshine 

23 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Hahahahahahaha...  no point in even acknowledging your existence sunshine if you are trying to defend the brexit bus.

Hilarious, you really are.

Must leave Europe, must leave Europe, must tug Boris off, must leave Europe...

Child.

23 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Is it £0.00?

Because they've already spent every £1 about 4 times over in whatever pie in the sky schemes they come up with in their manifesto?

The party of resentment.

Sports people now saying that Jezza is deluded and is trying to stop people becoming successful.

It will become a race to the bottom.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

King of the one liners again son.

I thought I was on your ignore list.I like to keep things easy for simpletons such as yourself and Hobo.

Son ?You haven’t got one in you.

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Howjy supported Smurthwaite, all you need to know.

We all make mistakes..... some people support Labour..... go figure

55 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

I thought I was on your ignore list.I like to keep things easy for simpletons such as yourself and Hobo.

Son ?You haven’t got one in you.

Haha, ok sunshine.  Whatever you say snowflake.

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Yeh I know.  Did he support mar mate Bill as well by any chance?  It's a shame really because I am sure he is a nice guy, all be it a bit slow.

21 minutes ago, geosname said:

We all make mistakes..... some people support Labour..... go figure

Yeh, supporting a party that threatens to help old people, what on earth are they thinking....  

How can we afford it blah blah blah...  well we get the due tax from the wealthy...  but they will just leave blah blah blah....  whatever.

Edited by Nofinikea

16 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Yeh I know.  Did he support mar mate Bill as well by any chance?  It's a shame really because I am sure he is a nice guy, all be it a bit slow.

He actually supported neither,just to keep you up to speed.I would have to put myself in reverse to let you catch up.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I don't know how much he supported Smuthwaite but I know he wouldn't accept evidence of his financial chicanery when shown it.

Walked past The Express whilst buying groceries this morning and noticed the headline "Boris: I'll cut taxes for every worker and boost welfare spending by 5 billion." I wonder what all the people criticising Labour's spending plans make of that. Seems bizarre that the right often complain of Labour's profligacy yet remain silent when their side are doing it. Guess we won't have to put up with all that magic money tree baloney this time.

19 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I don't know how much he supported Smuthwaite but I know he wouldn't accept evidence of his financial chicanery when shown it.

On this forum he was constantly sticking up for Norman. I got the impression that he was doing it to troll or be friendly with REP rather than through any genuine belief but it was quite sustained.

28 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I can’t remember any financial chicanery been shown to me,only a conversation I had with you when you said there was.Maybe you could post it on here for all to see,Jean.Would that be non payment of bills which I knew all about before most on here or something else?

Back on topic please.