mr.hobblesworth

General Erection - 12th December 2019

In all seriousness, is there anyone out there in the real world who thinks that the electorate will cast their vote on any issue other than Brexit ? Brexit has forced the election and will surely be fought on the same subject.

All parties will come out with their usual tripe, but only one thing will determine how people vote,

Therefore, regrettably, I predict a Boris landslide. I personally shall seek other options, but I doubt The Monster Raving Loony Party shall be fielding a candidate in LL22. 

Pity. 

Edited by RailwayRowdy

9 hours ago, RailwayRowdy said:

In all seriousness, is there anyone out there in the real world who thinks that the electorate will cast their vote on any issue other than Brexit ? Brexit has forced the election and will surely be fought on the same subject.

All parties will come out with their usual tripe, but only one thing will determine how people vote,

Therefore, regrettably, I predict a Boris landslide. I personally shall seek other options, but I doubt The Monster Raving Loony Party shall be fielding a candidate in LL22. 

Pity. 

I think a lot will, but I think there will be a grey area too which will muddy the water. It’s why I think a 2nd referendum makes  more sense. But we do live in a parliamentary democracy, and out politicians ultimately have the final say. So if Boris does get a landslide then that will be a clear vote for his deal. People will have no excuses when they are worse off than they could have been.

13 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Obviously all those that have spent 3 years telling us how important the economy is will not be voting for labour I take it.

Why?

23 hours ago, philpvfc said:

If Trump was leader of the Labour Party they would still vote Labour. It’s like a cult, does not matter what their policies are or who is leading the party they must vote for the red Rosette.

I think that's the same for any party. Although do you start supporting Stoke or Crewe if you don't like the manager in charge of the Vale? Party loyalty is the same as club loyalty for some people.

• Confused 1

The economy issues won't matter until we are out of the EU. It is being in the EU which exacerbates economy issues...starting with zero hour contracts and benefit sanctions...not helped by an oversupply of labour and too many immigrants coming into the country getting housing benefit payments due to EU conditions as well as paying benefit to mothers within countries like Poland and Romania.

This cannot go on on is an absolute disgrace...look after our own first and foremost.

Edited by whotobeakiller

2 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

The economy issues won't matter until we are out of the EU. It is being in the EU which exacerbates economy issues...starting with zero hour contracts and benefit sanctions...not helped by an oversupply of labour and too many immigrants coming into the country getting housing benefit payments due to EU conditions as well as paying benefit to mothers within countries like Poland and Romania.

This cannot go on on is an absolute disgrace...look after our own first and foremost.

Do you really believe in the rubbish you write. And do you believe that Johnson and his backers in ERG will rectify this. 

So we enter the 4B stage of the election ....

Parties trying to Bolster their own position, Berate the opposing parties, make Bullcrap promises in manifestos the can't deliver.... Just to Buy votes.

Nothing new in that, it happens on a regular basis,

The elephant in the room is brexit..... because it is an issue that must be sorted before other issues can be addressed properly..... it's all well and good making promises to throw gazillions at other very important issues if you have the gazillions to throw, but having the gazillions depends, to a large extent, on what happens if or when we leave the EU. 

It's a bit like promising to drive the wife into town and help with the shopping.... but first you need to buy a car.... and pass your driving test.

After years of dither and delay brexit still has the opacity of mud.

I could have added a 5th B ........ but testicals have little to do with it.

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 06:42, RailwayRowdy said:

In all seriousness, is there anyone out there in the real world who thinks that the electorate will cast their vote on any issue other than Brexit ? Brexit has forced the election and will surely be fought on the same subject...

You would think so RR, but don't be surprised if the various electoral  campaigns are promoted other than Brexit. This GE will, in my opinion, be fought in Westminster. Promises made to the electorate will be just that. My reading of it all is a GE becoming an  ugly 'dog fight' for political survival.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aussie Rules said:

You would think so RR, but don't be surprised if the various electoral  campaigns are promoted other than Brexit. This GE will, in my opinion, be fought in Westminster. Promises made to the electorate will be just that. My reading of it all is a GE becoming an  ugly 'dog fight' for political survival.  

Twas ever thus Barry 

On 01/11/2019 at 08:06, Nofinikea said:

Why?

All the experts say that it would be bad.

(Sorry - this post is tongue in cheek).

Edited by Regal Beagle

How about something really radical......

Banning second home ownership..... banning none residents from home/property ownership.... banning diesel and petrol engines by 2025.... banning plastic bags, bottles and wrappings. 

28 minutes ago, geosname said:

How about something really radical......

Banning second home ownership..... banning none residents from home/property ownership.... banning diesel and petrol engines by 2025.... banning plastic bags, bottles and wrappings. 

I think all of those are decent apart from the diesel/petrol, this needs more time for adequate development and establishment of the 2nd user electric car market.

It seems we have money trees growing again.

Tories pledging to spend billions..... Labour pledging to spend billions.

Lib dems complaining they aren't included in the head to head telivised debate.

On 31/10/2019 at 22:42, RailwayRowdy said:

Pity. 

Talking of tripe,Jezza's latest gimmick is "Warm Rooms For All" at a cost of £250bn"

You couldn't make it up?

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Talking of tripe,Jezza's latest gimmick is "Warm Rooms For All" at a cost of £250bn"

You couldn't make it up?

You just did kid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

You couldn't make it up?

I know you love to pedal a good lie about costs but why not do yourself a solid and tell the truth?  Labour said the cost of the scheme is around 250 Billion but do you want to tell the folks how much tax payers money they actually intend to spend?

It's like your man crushes big red bus all over again.

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

I know you love to pedal a good lie about costs but why not do yourself a solid and tell the truth?  Labour said the cost of the scheme is around 250 Billion but do you want to tell the folks how much tax payers money they actually intend to spend?

It's like your man crushes big red bus all over again.

Is it £0.00?

Because they've already spent every £1 about 4 times over in whatever pie in the sky schemes they come up with in their manifesto?