onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

5 hours ago, philpvfc said:

The average inflation since the NHS started sits slightly below 4%, inflation has risen by approximately 1.8% in the last 9 years so investment in to the NHS has been better against inflation if you go against inflation plus taking in to account the recession and austerity for 5 of these years. I agree with you that more money needs to go in to the NHS but we should be open minded in to new sources from where this money can come from plus it does need a new structure. 

I tend to agree with a lot of your last sentence.

But as I say the key problem has been a failure to maintain the GDP% we spend on the NHS. That's the prime cause of this current crisis. If we are one of the richest countries in the world we should be able to do that.

And so they should.

As I've said before, all the opposition parties have attended all the requested interviews and faced the music, taking questions from everyone and inviting all journalists to their briefings.

Johnson has not done these things. He has refused Andrew Neil, refused Newsnight, refused the ITV, banned a journalist from his battle bus, and avoided scrutiny at every turn. He still hasn't published the report into Russian interference either.

No matter what side of the fence you are on, having a PM who hides from debate and scrutiny isn't healthy in an election campaign. I can't recall anyone else ever doing this. But Cummings and the Tories know that they're wining this election and as long as they don't make any very bad mistakes it'll all be fine. So Johnson is kept away from forensic interviews and Rees-Mogg told to evaporate into thin air until it's all over. Clever but cynical and reprehensible. They should ALL be held to account in exactly the same way.

10 minutes ago, TheSage said:

And so they should.

As I've said before, all the opposition parties have attended all the requested interviews and faced the music, taking questions from everyone and inviting all journalists to their briefings.

Johnson has not done these things. He has refused Andrew Neil, refused Newsnight, refused the ITV, banned a journalist from his battle bus, and avoided scrutiny at every turn. He still hasn't published the report into Russian interference either.

No matter what side of the fence you are on, having a PM who hides from debate and scrutiny isn't healthy in an election campaign. I can't recall anyone else ever doing this. But Cummings and the Tories know that they're wining this election and as long as they don't make any very bad mistakes it'll all be fine. So Johnson is kept away from forensic interviews and Rees-Mogg told to evaporate into thin air until it's all over. Clever but cynical and reprehensible. They should ALL be held to account in exactly the same way.

I thought earlier that some of the leading lights of the Conservative party have been missing from the front line and it dawned on me that  Cooper, Starmer , Thornberry , Abbott  and Benn have being lying low as well,I wonder if its a tactic to keep the respective party message on line.

1 hour ago, TheSage said:

And so they should.

Avoided scrutiny at every turn? What about the interviews and debates he has done then?

I guess it's similar to why Abbott, Starmer and Thornberry are being kept away from interviews?

I'm also in no doubt whatsoever that if Corbyn could go back and delete his car crash interview with Neil from memory he would. He doesn't get any brownie points for being exposed as a liar, a terrorist sympathising anti-semite enabling power grabbing cretin.

Talking of scrutiny, what a job Nige did on Andrew Neil. I think without any doubt he is the best candidate for PM out of all of the current party leaders.

1 hour ago, Mario said:

I thought earlier that some of the leading lights of the Conservative party have been missing from the front line and it dawned on me that  Cooper, Starmer , Thornberry , Abbott  and Benn have being lying low as well,I wonder if its a tactic to keep the respective party message on line.

They're hiding the militant remainers. And they hid Diane Abbott from view half way through the campaign last time after a series of car crash interviews.

Archived