onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

I think at this point the next election is for Boris to lose..... if and it's a massive if..... he starts turning the problems around and starts dealing with instead of avoiding the issues he will be hard to shift..... he has the opportunity to take the wind out of Labour's sails for quite some time.

Advert

14 minutes ago, bobvale said:

I think Angela Rayner did very well on the television debates that I saw although I do not know what her politics are. That could be a very good call my friend. I think if Labour can get rid of the anti-jewish people thing and throw out Corbyn's baggage and stream line our manifesto, we could do well. Although we have a very long 5 years to wait now sadly.

To get rid of anti-semitism they have to sack Corbyn from the party.

10 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

We have to get rid of this Remainer/Leaver nonsense, some of my best friends are leavers I am a remain supporter, so what difference does it make. I would like the best person available to lead Labour, regardless of his opinions on the EU.

lets hope this is the last election that is overshadowed by Brexit.

Conservatives won the election so substantially because they had a leaver at the top. I do agree, it shouldn’t be considered but Labour cannot keep fighting Brexit, they will just alienate a lot of the supporters who failed to vote for them this election.

no-one has yet answered, if the country is crying out for a centre ground labour party, why did every single middle ground politician lose their seat last night? Everyone who joined Change UK and all those that joined the liberals (and even the liberals leader) lost their seats. I must admit, having lived through the awful miners strike and remembering how the unions and the left helped out those mining villages suffering due to the tories, how sickening it is to see places like durham turn blue. I'm also sad to see Dennis Skinner lose his seat, he seemed like a passionate and principled working-class man, full of character and politics will be poorer without him. I have heard that he is quite poorly anyway so maybe the rest will suit him (I know the feeling!!) but it is so true about political careers ending in failure.

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

What about an Angela Ryaner type?

I think they have to go female this time. They're the least inclusive political party in that respect. I'd like to see them go with someone outside of London too. Someone who ACUTALLY represents the working class, not someone who is wealthy and knows they have to bleat on about poor people to get the power that they crave.

I like the typo Ryaner, perhaps that’s hers and the Labour Party’s problem, they’ve spent all their time with their head in the clouds.

Very good.

12 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Rayner has the same left wing views as Corbyn, so why when something has sensationally crashed and burnt would you replace with like for like.

So who would you suggest? Many of Labours policies were generally popular (although I think there was probably too much of them) and they got as many votes as under tony blair back in 2005. I think it is wrong to throw away the baby with the bath water and lurch towards the middle. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that labour would have done better there. it has become some kind of rescieved wisdom (although not very wise!) to say that. People complaining about labour losing their touch with the working class and also wanting a blair style leader seem to be contradiciting myself in my eyes at least. The result is done, fair and square, and it's silly to offer ifs and buts and things. But I wonder what would have happened if Brexit had been done before the election.

I also think that the campaign it self is very worrying, especialy from the right wing. I think the bbc has shown itself to be unfit. most of all I think that the type of campaign we have seen is very worrying in that there have been lies and slurs pushed so much by the conservatives. I'm not talking about the fibs about policies that all partys do, but the things like editing videos, fake tweeting accounts and spreading rumours that that little boy lying asleep on the hospital floor was made up. Oh and that the labour people punched the tory outside that hospital too. I think this is very bad but can not imagine it ever stopping now. I think we need laws to keep election campaigns as honest as possible but I do not believe this will happen when the main people doing it are now in charge for 5 years. Why would they want more honesty and less lies when it has done so well for them?

1 hour ago, bobvale said:

So who would you suggest? Many of Labours policies were generally popular (although I think there was probably too much of them) and they got as many votes as under tony blair back in 2005. I think it is wrong to throw away the baby with the bath water and lurch towards the middle. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that labour would have done better there. it has become some kind of rescieved wisdom (although not very wise!) to say that. People complaining about labour losing their touch with the working class and also wanting a blair style leader seem to be contradiciting myself in my eyes at least. The result is done, fair and square, and it's silly to offer ifs and buts and things. But I wonder what would have happened if Brexit had been done before the election.

I also think that the campaign it self is very worrying, especialy from the right wing. I think the bbc has shown itself to be unfit. most of all I think that the type of campaign we have seen is very worrying in that there have been lies and slurs pushed so much by the conservatives. I'm not talking about the fibs about policies that all partys do, but the things like editing videos, fake tweeting accounts and spreading rumours that that little boy lying asleep on the hospital floor was made up. Oh and that the labour people punched the tory outside that hospital too. I think this is very bad but can not imagine it ever stopping now. I think we need laws to keep election campaigns as honest as possible but I do not believe this will happen when the main people doing it are now in charge for 5 years. Why would they want more honesty and less lies when it has done so well for them?

Bob, I haven’t got a scooby.  I don’t know many politicians other than those who’ve stuck their head above the parapet and have sided with Corbyn. I certainly wouldn’t choose Rayner as her claim to fame is the fact that she’s the youngest grandmother in the House of Commons. Great, what an honour. As well as being to close to Corbyn she’s too close to Andy Burnham, not my cup of tea, but each to their own. It’s all about opinions and respecting the opinions of others.
In a previous post I suggested Hillary Benn due to two speeches that he gave. One made him unpopular with labour leaders when he suggested carrying out air raids against ISIS and the other when he put Boris in his place over trying to push through Brexit.

A middle of the road man with Labour Party roots in his family, common sense and intelligence.

40 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

The celebration champagne must have gone to my head!! At least we can now get on with the serious stuff and 3 points at Crawley tomorrow! Have a good weekend.

I’m in Crawley as we speak!!  Here is one of our new Tory MPs. I trust his activities will be plastered all over the Daily Mail. 
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.chad.co.uk/news/politics/ashfield-conservative-candidate-being-investigated-over-alleged-antisemitism-1-10148766/amp

Archived