onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

1 minute ago, Bycarsbill said:

Can't disagree with any of that--a vey fair summary! At least we can all now get on with our lives and turn to important things......like football & PV.  Up the Vale!

You can’t agree with me, Bill. I’m loony left don’t ya know!

Advert

Corbyn changed his mind with the tide, he would do and say whatever he felt would gain the most votes. It was like he had to go away each time to see what answer or policy would win more electorates. If he just admitted he wanted out of the EU and he hates Jews he would have earned more respect.

we will see who was lying then. Boris or Labour as we see if we sell the NHS to America or there is a hard border in Northern Ireland. My guess is it is and always has been a Labour lie. Next election Labour will push hard on the NHS and the election after and every election after that.

How many of the modarate labour politicians that stepped aside from labour and stood with middle ground partys like Change UK got re-elected? What about the modarate labour mps who called out Corbyn, and the liberals, did they hoover up lots of votes left by the 2 partys move towards the extremes? From what I can tell, none of them got any votes. I don't think the issue is specifily labours going leftwards, in fact you could possibly blame there failure in this election on tony blair ignoring working class places back in the 90s. Brexit was obviously a huge factor in leave areas, I would guess people not liking Jeremy Corbyn and thinking he hates jews was also a reason. But having said that, I also believe that big parts of labours manifestoe was very popular and they lost despite this not because of it. My heart really goes out to those who have lives which will be made so much worse by the conservatives. I am donating to shelters campaign to give the homeless a Christmas dinner and even though it is just a sticking plaster I hope others do the same. I wil also give some of my shopping to the local foodbank each week, god knows these people will truely need it.

6 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Corbyn changed his mind with the tide, he would do and say whatever he felt would gain the most votes. It was like he had to go away each time to see what answer or policy would win more electorates. If he just admitted he wanted out of the EU and he hates Jews he would have earned more respect.

we will see who was lying then. Boris or Labour as we see if we sell the NHS to America or there is a hard border in Northern Ireland. My guess is it is and always has been a Labour lie. Next election Labour will push hard on the NHS and the election after and every election after that.

I think they should have got rid of Corbyn and let owen smith have a go. someone like him or mike gapes would have got us the 3 points last night.

I liked Chuka Umunna bar the fact he is a firm remainer. He looked a good contender for the party leadership until the revolt fell through. Corbyn was voted in by the hardline Labour supporters who unfortunately don’t represent the vast majority of Labour supporters or fringe voters.

25 minutes ago, bobvale said:

How many of the modarate labour politicians that stepped aside from labour and stood with middle ground partys like Change UK got re-elected? What about the modarate labour mps who called out Corbyn, and the liberals, did they hoover up lots of votes left by the 2 partys move towards the extremes? From what I can tell, none of them got any votes. I don't think the issue is specifily labours going leftwards, in fact you could possibly blame there failure in this election on tony blair ignoring working class places back in the 90s. Brexit was obviously a huge factor in leave areas, I would guess people not liking Jeremy Corbyn and thinking he hates jews was also a reason. But having said that, I also believe that big parts of labours manifestoe was very popular and they lost despite this not because of it. My heart really goes out to those who have lives which will be made so much worse by the conservatives. I am donating to shelters campaign to give the homeless a Christmas dinner and even though it is just a sticking plaster I hope others do the same. I wil also give some of my shopping to the local foodbank each week, god knows these people will truely need it.

The tories have not moved right though. 

That's the truth that leftists simply do not have the capacity to accept. This was a choice between a centre right and a further left party. The result speaks for itself. 

Chuka resigned from the race before Corbyn even put his name forward if I remember right (which I may well not be!), 

Which labour mp does represent what you have said? Starmer, the fancy remainer? Jessica Philips, the mouthy old boiler? I read people saying that labour would have romped home with starmer in charge but I can see them losing the working class northern vote even more with him in charge. I think labour had some very good policies but I don't know if the messenger was the right person, sadly for Corbyn who I think seems to be a good man, even though I don't really like him. I didn't like his tone and I felt he tried too hard to be cool but I think he was the only leader who genuinely cared about poor people. if he had been shown that picture of a little boy asleep on a floor in a hospital, I think he would have at least looked at it and been sad and wanted to help him. Boris Johnson didn't give a care in the world.

3 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

The tories have not moved right though. 

That's the truth that leftists simply do not have the capacity to accept. This was a choice between a centre right and a further left party. The result speaks for itself. 

I think they have gone further to the right with their views on immigration and Brexit and benefits and things mate. Tommy Robinson promoted them and you don't get a man like that praising you unless you are seriously unpleasant. The result for me says that many places do not feel listened to about Brexit in particular. It also tells me that lying works and that many people in this country do not care for there brothers and sisters who are in need. I don't think that anyone who really cares about homeless people or the environamnt or people who can't afford to live would vote for this conservative party and that makes me very worried for our future.

What about an Angela Ryaner type?

I think they have to go female this time. They're the least inclusive political party in that respect. I'd like to see them go with someone outside of London too. Someone who ACUTALLY represents the working class, not someone who is wealthy and knows they have to bleat on about poor people to get the power that they crave.

I think Angela Rayner did very well on the television debates that I saw although I do not know what her politics are. That could be a very good call my friend. I think if Labour can get rid of the anti-jewish people thing and throw out Corbyn's baggage and stream line our manifesto, we could do well. Although we have a very long 5 years to wait now sadly.

35 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

I liked Chuka Umunna bar the fact he is a firm remainer. He looked a good contender for the party leadership until the revolt fell through. Corbyn was voted in by the hardline Labour supporters who unfortunately don’t represent the vast majority of Labour supporters or fringe voters.

We have to get rid of this Remainer/Leaver nonsense, some of my best friends are leavers I am a remain supporter, so what difference does it make. I would like the best person available to lead Labour, regardless of his opinions on the EU.

lets hope this is the last election that is overshadowed by Brexit.

6 minutes ago, bobvale said:

I think Angela Rayner did very well on the television debates that I saw although I do not know what her politics are. That could be a very good call my friend. I think if Labour can get rid of the anti-jewish people thing and throw out Corbyn's baggage and stream line our manifesto, we could do well. Although we have a very long 5 years to wait now sadly.

Don't think it is as simple as that. Corbyn has now got nearly all the Party workings in the hands of Momentum and his fellow Left wingers. I have always said that the biggest problem with Labour is it's members, and this election has proved it the Labour membership is definitely not on the same page as the electorate.

Archived