onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

53 minutes ago, geosname said:

You have to look at who has power/control within Labour.

It's is probably the best move they could make not necessarily what they will do..... or be allowed to do.

THe last time Labour lost 4 general elections on the bounce, they turned in 1997 to Tony Blair and then had the most successful electoral period in its history. It's now lost another FOUR elections on the bounce--where is the 'saviour' this time? With Momentum in charge of all the levers of power within the party, it is going to be out in the wilderness for a long time to come--thank goodness!

Turkeys overwhelmingly vote for Christmas. Be interesting to see if they still blame the country's woes on Labour's last government after 14 years of Tory rule come 2024.

History shows after four consecutive defeats Labour will turn to the centre and win with a landslide. Let's see...

This has confirmed why Jeremy was running hard from a general election, although we knew that anyway.

It has also confirmed that there never was a need for a 2nd referendum.

Also, contrary to what some people said on here - not only did Boris NOT lose his seat, he actually increased his majority. Wonder how that happened.

The National co-ordinator of Momentum on BBC this morning even in the face of a loss of more than 2 million Labour votes in two years, was still not accepting blame for the swing left in Labour causing the problem.  Wonderful! If they don't understand the implications of what's happened, then the party is unlikely to change course and that will keep the Conservatives in power for the next 10years at least.

58 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Indeed, all over the City the occupants of the graves are spinning furiously this morning. 

Including my own grandad probably!  I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would live to see the day when there are 3 Conservative MPs in Stoke-On-Trent.  That's what happens when a political party loses sight of what it's for and abandons its core support! 

What is even more amazing is that from John McDonnell last night to every senior Labour representative who has appeared on TV this morning is their total denial and misunderstanding of what has happened. McDonnell taliking to Andrew Neil even claimed to to be "centre left" bleeding heck, he was implying that they should have been even more left wing! Whoopee, keep going down that road Labour and you'll be in the wilderness for the next 20 years plus!

49 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Turkeys overwhelmingly vote for Christmas. Be interesting to see if they still blame the country's woes on Labour's last government after 14 years of Tory rule come 2024.

History shows after four consecutive defeats Labour will turn to the centre and win with a landslide. Let's see...

If it has any sense it will--but with Momentum holding all the ace cards in the pack, I suspect you're 'peeing into the wind'!

3 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

This is a big result for Brexit.  There is now no doubt that the leave vote has much bigger support than I anticipated.

It's not a result I wanted but if we take a moment t to be positive then at least we now have a government that can actually govern, for better or worse.  We can now move on from uncertainty.  I can only hope now that the effects of Brexit are better than I fear, which of course they could be. 

For me it's a sad day because I genuinely feel that before the end of this parliament the NHs will be up for grabs.  I think there will be more people thrust into poverty and more services farmed out to rich mates.  I think the initial period of this parliment will be viewed as a great success because Brexit will now happen at the end of January and the masses will rejoice at that, however in the years to follow I think you will see a deepening regret.

Congratulations to all those who voted for Johnson.  Your man romped home!

It's BIG result for common sense. As this resounding result proves, the people of Britain are 'conservative' with a small "c" and will never vote for a party with left-wing Marxist ideologies.  However the evidence so far this morning is that those at the top of Labour aren't learning the lessons that this election result is giving them. John Ashworth (despite all his denials on Wednesday) was absolutely spot-on; Corbyn was "toxic" for the Labour cause.  I'm happy that so far, they appear not to understand any of this.  Suits me fine that unless they do wake up, Labour is becoming a party of irrelevance!

Archived