onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

3 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Diane abbott has apparently been wearing two left shoes in differing styles today. 

She can't even dress herself. How can we trust her to help run a country? 

That's been proven to be a disgusting lie. Obviously you'll lap it up though.

7 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

No I don’t, because in education,fire and police the ppl in charge of the purse strings have no management qualifications. They’ve climbed the greasy pole through cronyism.

its reported that the Fire and a Police commissioner with his entourage cost a lot more than the authorities that they replaced. All this cones out of the budget, so council tax payer has to pay for these lot. It’s said in the public sector, it’s not our money we’re spending, how irresponsible. I have a friend in the police and she used to say come March any spare money has to be spent so there was always overtime. The reason it had to be spent/wasteRoad repairs are done in the spring as most damagefed was because if they didn’t spend it, the next year instead of being rewarded it would be deducted from m the following years budget. What a responsible and great way of handling finances. The local authority are the same, look at all the road repairs that go in in Feb/March.

The ship is far to big to stop and turn around 

A sad day for this once great country. 

2 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

God help us all. ☹️

You are  correct. But the people of this country have been badly let down by Labour. It is ok for Labour to say our membership is growing, but they are ridiculed by the electorate. Corbyn could not run a chip shop, and his Lefty cabinet have to go The problem is Momentum have got a grip on the constituencies. And the sensible MPs have exited. Labour are in the wilderness for quite a long time.

2 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Well it looks like a massive Tory majority.

Obviously the leave vote is much bigger than I thought.

Dont get old, sick or poor.

Can't argue too much with that.

I wonder how long it will be before we regret it?

As with the referendum campaign, Cummings and Johnson have outwitted the opposition yet again.

But, much as I dislike the result, we can't say we haven't had two bites at the cherry.

And there is an awful lot riding on the next few years. If it doesn't work out and things don't improve then an awful lot of folk are going to be very angry.

Hopefully Corbyn will go and we might get a realignment of centre-left politics. But I'm not holding my breath.

At least I can take my mind off it tomorrow as we're going to see a rescue dog and hopefully bring it home in time for Xmas.

I hope the UK doesn't need rescuing from Johnson any time soon! 😉

6 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Can't argue too much with that.

I wonder how long it will be before we regret it?

As with the referendum campaign, Cummings and Johnson have outwitted the opposition yet again.

But, much as I dislike the result, we can't say we haven't had two bites at the cherry.

And there is an awful lot riding on the next few years. If it doesn't work out and things don't improve then an awful lot of folk are going to be very angry.

Hopefully Corbyn will go and we might get a realignment of centre-left politics. But I'm not holding my breath.

At least I can take my mind off it tomorrow as we're going to see a rescue dog and hopefully bring it home in time for Xmas.

I hope the UK doesn't need rescuing from Johnson any time soon! 😉

Sage with how Labour is now set up we need more than a leader change. Can you really see a root and branch change. Corbyn and Swindon have made it easy for the Tories.

1 minute ago, tommytunstall said:

It's not just the end of Corbyn, is it the end of Labour, how can they change?

TT, I think it's very difficult isn't it? I would hope as I say for a re-alignment of centre-left politics, otherwise we're doomed to Tory rule far into the future.

Blair was right. Wilson was right. The electorate don't want a far left government - though tonight they've elected a far right one! But that was the Brexit effect. You would assume that the Tories have won all three Stoke seats. That will be amazing.

The trouble is that tribal loyalties run deep and the Labour left will not want to move towards the middle. But if they lose this badly they really need to smell the coffee and stop pretending.

It won't happen but we need Labour, Liberals and Greens to work together and forge an alliance on the centre/left. They are letting the country down.

Archived