onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

14 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Saudis are fighting ISIS in Yemen?  Your gift for making things up right off the bat is astounding.

He may have spoken out but we are still supplying all the bombs that are displacing and killing 14M civilians.  It's the worst humanitarian crisis on the planet and Boris is selling arms to the people dropping the bombs.

11 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Where have Labour ever offered support of Sinn Fein to the tune of 2 Billion?

The Saudis are trying to re-instate the Government, ISIS being one of the factions fighting the Government of Syria who have also killed thousands of civilians. We are not the only country to supply Saudi Arabia with arms so unless there is a ban on supply to the Saudis they will get their arms from another supplier should we stop.

Where have the Conservatives offered 2 Billion to any other party?

Advert

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Can’t argue with that. Had we left the EU I doubt very much Boris would have become leader of the Conservatives. Boris being PM of the Conservatives was the best chance Corbyn had of being PM but it still looks like the majority of people would prefer Boris to Corbyn.

You are absolutely correct. This should have been an easy victory for Labour.  But I would predict a 40+ majority for Johnson. It has been thrown away with a Labour Party who have lurched left, and elected a no hoper as leader.

I wouldn't go quite that far but I'm supportive of much of that, TT.

I think your estimation of the outcome is about right too because for all our huffing and puffing on here Brexit remains the big issue and many people still feel it is a good thing and will benefit them. It remains to be seen but I doubt it very much and when you weigh up the evidence on both sides of the scales I still find it difficult to fathom why it remains popular when it will damage our economy and risk the future of the UK. Every economist will tell you the same and it's a risk I would not want to take bearing in mind how successful and prosperous we've been in the EU. But that debate came and went. I do, however, point to the fact that 5 ex PMs all think that Brexit is bad (Blair, Brown, Major, Cameron & May) and even if you don't listen to me then please bear in mind what they all say. They are not unintelligent fools. Blimey, even Mr Tory party himself, Micheal Heseltine, has told voters not to vote for Johnson. They clearly think he's dangerous and would gamble with the future of the UK.

It's basically Johnson or not Johnson. Corbyn won't win and never could do. So it boils down to what you want - a hard/no deal Brexit that will damage Britain and make us poorer and weaker, together with a government led by the clown prince of dishonesty and his equally mendacious pals Mogg, Rabb, Patel, Javid and the rest. The alternative is perhaps a hung Parliament where parties will have to come together with the possibility of negotiating a less damaging Brexit and the final details being put back to the people. Under those circumstances there's a good chance of avoiding more austerity and the most right wing government in our history.

We'll have to live with the consequences of Thursday, as will our children.

The good news is that we can close this thread and get back to talking football instead of ripping each other's heads off!

A hung parliament will resolve nothing. We will be exactly where we were, Liberals trying to rejuvenate their party by going down the remain trail, Labour opposing anything the Tories propose because they could never be seen to be siding with the enemy and support for the Brexit party will grow and as this all happens the EU will be laughing as they continue to receive payments from the U.K.

I really hope we get to live with the consequences of democracy Sage!

It'll be nice to get back to it after a 3 year hiatus.

I love this threat from the left "you'll get what you deserve" - YES PLEASE, GIVE ME ALL OF IT. 😂

I'll tell you what we wont get - Jews frightened for the lives, a bankrupted country, people eating rats out of pure desperation, terrorists popping round for afternoon tea.

And the little cherry on top - a load of triggered leftists who are so caught up in their lies and conspiracies that they never ever learn from their mistakes.

8 hours ago, TheSage said:

I was sorely tempted to spend my next 20 paragraphs giving you chapter and verse of Islamophobia, anti-semitism, sexism and all manner of appalling remarks re- immigrants, single mothers, black people, the poor, women and residents of Liverpool, mainly emanating from nasty Boris Johnson's foul mouth but decided otherwise, though I did note today that most Muslims in Stoke have issued warnings about Tory candidates and their racist tendencies, as well as recognising that 25 Tory past and present councillors are under investigation, and that 3 candidates yesterday were caught up in ant-semitic behaviour. Baroness Warsi no less says it's rife among Tories and according to YouGov a large number of Tory members are rapidly anti-Muslim and almost half don't want any more Muslims coming here. 

And then I thought no and wondered what was happening in the news today and noticed that Johnson has told everyone he hates EU migrants who treat the UK like its their own country (wow) and refuses to look at the picture of the little boy lying on the floor in hospital, the result of Tory cuts. (bigger wow).

Reading further news from yesterday I see where Hancock has sold yours and mine healthcare data to Amazon. The NHS is safe in their hands my a***.

And then of course we had more lies from Johnson when he told everyone yet again that there will be no checks on NI trade. Well guess, what, sunshine, there will be! Read the agreed document. Ask the EU. Ask your own civil servants. Ask the DUP. Engage your brain before speaking.

I then saw the latest figures for food banks. 22 in 2008, 2,030 now. What a wonderful achievement for which we are all thankful. We're all in it together.

Meanwhile Javid tells us that homelessness was caused by the labour Party and Rabb still insists they are building 40 new hospitals when they are building none. 6 are partial rebuilds or refurbs on the same site.

And in other news we have the same hard right phalanx on here making up fairly stories, mud slinging and avoiding discussing ten years of Tory rule and what it's done to SOT and the NHS.

Oh, and Tommy Robinson has again endorsed Johnson as his choice.

Blimey. You really can fool a lot of the people a lot of the time.

I agree with all of that post mate except the last 3 paragraphs.

No one has done anything for stoke for decades, not even the Labour controlled council and the NHS has been failing for decades because it just lurches from crisis to crisis and governments think throwing cash at it makes it better.

I don't give a rat's ass who Robinson endorses, or Trump or Putin or anyone else for that matter.

The masses have been fooled by politicians since the vote, not much has changed except the lies and deceptions are on a grander scale.... the promises to spend millions changed to billions and now we have trillions, in a few years it will be squillions but the underlying untruths remain. 

4 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

I really hope we get to live with the consequences of democracy Sage!

It'll be nice to get back to it after a 3 year hiatus.

I love this threat from the left "you'll get what you deserve" - YES PLEASE, GIVE ME ALL OF IT. 😂

I'll tell you what we wont get - Jews frightened for the lives, a bankrupted country, people eating rats out of pure desperation, terrorists popping round for afternoon tea.

And the little cherry on top - a load of triggered leftists who are so caught up in their lies and conspiracies that they never ever learn from their mistakes.

Fixed it for you:

I'll tell you what we will get - everyone frightened for their lives, a morally bankrupted country, people eating rats out of pure desperation, terrorists running the machinery of government.

And the little cherry on top - a load of whinging nationalists who are so caught up in their lies and conspiracies that they never ever learn from their mistakes, continue to blame everyone but themselves for their own problems and get mugged off by their own leaders.

Bon appetit (and no apologies for the foreign language)

4 hours ago, TheSage said:

I wouldn't go quite that far but I'm supportive of much of that, TT.

I think your estimation of the outcome is about right too because for all our huffing and puffing on here Brexit remains the big issue and many people still feel it is a good thing and will benefit them. It remains to be seen but I doubt it very much and when you weigh up the evidence on both sides of the scales I still find it difficult to fathom why it remains popular when it will damage our economy and risk the future of the UK. Every economist will tell you the same and it's a risk I would not want to take bearing in mind how successful and prosperous we've been in the EU. But that debate came and went. I do, however, point to the fact that 5 ex PMs all think that Brexit is bad (Blair, Brown, Major, Cameron & May) and even if you don't listen to me then please bear in mind what they all say. They are not unintelligent fools. Blimey, even Mr Tory party himself, Micheal Heseltine, has told voters not to vote for Johnson. They clearly think he's dangerous and would gamble with the future of the UK.

It's basically Johnson or not Johnson. Corbyn won't win and never could do. So it boils down to what you want - a hard/no deal Brexit that will damage Britain and make us poorer and weaker, together with a government led by the clown prince of dishonesty and his equally mendacious pals Mogg, Rabb, Patel, Javid and the rest. The alternative is perhaps a hung Parliament where parties will have to come together with the possibility of negotiating a less damaging Brexit and the final details being put back to the people. Under those circumstances there's a good chance of avoiding more austerity and the most right wing government in our history.

We'll have to live with the consequences of Thursday, as will our children.

The good news is that we can close this thread and get back to talking football instead of ripping each other's heads off!

Brexit is still a massive issue mate but it think it's more than just leaving the EU and it's consequences. I think there is a swell of people who are Pd  off with politicians ignoring the voters, making promises they don't keep and and simply distancing themselves from the real world.

Along comes a simple issue, on paper anyway, which the political class asked the great unwashed to make a decision, leave or remain, a very simple question (with very complicated consequences).... the results are in..... leave win.... and instantly politicians start back tracking and for 4 years they delayed, blocked and stalled, called voters ignorant, stupid, racist etc.

I think a large number of voters have simply had enough of politicians and politics. They feel used and abused and probably just want the politicians  to do what they said they would do not just take a party line and faff about until they get what they want..... basically a protest vote against all politicians instead of a political party..... and sod the consequences.

3 minutes ago, The_godfather said:

Fixed it for you:

I'll tell you what we will get - everyone frightened for their lives, a morally bankrupted country, people eating rats out of pure desperation, terrorists running the machinery of government.

And the little cherry on top - a load of whinging nationalists who are so caught up in their lies and conspiracies that they never ever learn from their mistakes, continue to blame everyone but themselves for their own problems and get mugged off by their own leaders.

What's wrong with eating rats? Would you know unless someone told you? You can buy them on some markets here, usually rural markets.

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

Yes we should stop, obviously.

Lol to your last question, megalol in fact. Perhaps it's you who Stanley Johson is referring to as that's the only way you wouldnt know.

You are so out of touch!,

May gave Northern Ireland 2 billion as much needed investment which was negotiated by the DUP. Yes, you can argue this was a pay out to win them over but investment in to Northern Ireland has been very poor for many a year as it used to be in Scotland but the money did not go in to the DUPs coffers.

Maybe if Corbyn has to make a coalition he may choose Sinn Fein and give them £2 billion pounds to invest, how would you feel then?

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

Good thing is now, since the Torys paid for the support of the DUP nobody will be looking to form a coalition but they will be auctioning there support.

Why do you say a good thing? You’ve just been moaning about us giving the DUP 2 billion.

47 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

You are so out of touch!,

May gave Northern Ireland 2 billion as much needed investment which was negotiated by the DUP. Yes, you can argue this was a pay out to win them over but investment in to Northern Ireland has been very poor for many a year as it used to be in Scotland but the money did not go in to the DUPs coffers.

Maybe if Corbyn has to make a coalition he may choose Sinn Fein and give them £2 billion pounds to invest, how would you feel then?

What use would Sinn Fein be to Corbyn (or any government for that matter) when they don't take their seats in Parliament?

Archived